The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Hm not much but better than nothing!
Seems like we can see the bricks of the tower after finishing.
I like this idea! Makes it more "real".
I never realized that at the tower in DCA!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

Constant construction updates are good! :) Even if not much has changed!

I keep waking up every morning thinking "Has the 'Hollywood Tower Hotel' sign been put up yet?"  :P

penfold12

Im glad im not the only one who needs to get a life! He He. I do the same :lol:

disney_donutter

hehe.. I am so excited now  :pluto:

Reiana

With Disney it is just like the daily cup of coffee. Without it, the day is done.
 :wink:

Nicholas-c

any news on the opening date ?

im going 14th for 3 night
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Again, this will be announced on the message board when the date is officially confirmed!  :!:  :!:  :!:

RnRCj

I was just wondering, how many elevators will operate in each shaft?

I'm guessing it will be two, since one will have very slow loading times. But I don't quite understand how having 2 would work :?

Anthony

It's hard to explain, but I wrote this brief description of it here:

QuoteEach drop shaft has two boarding points on separate floors inside the front body of the hotel building. From each, guests board an elevator vehicle permanently assigned to that boarding point and then move horizontally backwards into the vertical drop shaft. When the ride cycle is complete, their elevator is positioned back at their original boarding level and the separate elevator vehicle "dropped off" to return, horizontally forwards, to its loading/unloading point. The vertical elevator then moves up/down to the second loading point to pick up the second elevator, completing the entire cycle. With three independant drop shafts, this not only gives a more efficient, higher capacity, but also greater protection from any unscheduled downtime of individual drop shafts/vehicles - the remaining two shafts can continue as normal.
You might be able to find a diagram on the internet somewhere.

disney_donutter

Thanks very much!

I was kinda wondering about that, but felt a bit silly asking.. haha

RnRCj

Thanks for explaining! I think I get it now :lol:

Kristof

Look what replaced the Earffel Tower on the new 2008 Calendar:

Anthony

No way! It really is the Castle of the Studios! Is it included in any of the photos inside?

An ugly calendar cover really though, besides the excitement of DLRP's very first merchandise-with-ToT-on... :lol:

Kristof

Yep, it's inside the calendar as well (forgot to get a photo of it...), together with Phantom Manor.

They used this one:

Edit: some photos weekend:

More in the Photos Magiques Gallery.

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the great pics Raptor :)

I so excited now, the level of detail appearing on the tower and the first merchandise, it's going to be such a boost for the studios :D