The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imagineer

Hi guys, here's my post on Towerofterror.org. Take a look, it's quite interesting...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Imagineer:
Hi guys! I'm a new member of this crazy forum about the most incredible ride in the world so... HELLO EVERYONE!!!
I have a little question: why the open of the tower is scheduled for January even though it seems finished?! I mean, the progress are so fast. It really take 6 mounths to be completed?
Another simply question: I know that no dates have been confirmed yet but do you suppose the tower will open in the very early January? I'm planning my trip for the Christmas holidays (from 1st to 6th jan) and I really hope to see it opened. Thanks a lot!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very simple... they want to have a ride open in 2008, otherwise they would have 3 rides open in in one year.... and now they have two opening in 2007 and two opening in 2008 (the other being the interactive Stitch Talk attraction)...

not to worry though... Some fresh info reached me through one of the parks seniors..... the ride is scheduled to be completly finished early/mid september, that's about the same time that french CM's have completed their training in DCA and will return home. the soft openings will start by the end of september, after the CM's have settled in in their very own paris version. So if all goes well you might enjoy an extended stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel when you visit for the holidays.
The "official" opening is planned for January 1st, so there should be no problem at all.

Thanks to Jortlaban, moderator of towerofterror.org

MSW

Yay! Now we can count until January :lol:

Kristof

Quotethe ride is scheduled to be completly finished early september

Nope, one and a half month after that.

giorgio1712

I might go for the opening it seem so exciting!! Although it will be very busy, is it likely the date may shift back because of delays?

SkySurfer

I think it´s a really great tactic to open TOT in January. So they will get much more guests, even in low season times!

Anthony

The terror has begun...

Tower of Terror advertising begins in the new official brochure.  Looks like this going to be one amazing campaign... bellhops and thunderbolts all over. :D

Source & More

giorgio1712

Wow that all looks amazing!!! Did you get that brochure through the post because I sent for mine ages ago and it still hasn't come  :(

Riebi

WOW cool campain! I like the styles of it since the brochure of 2006 again. They do again the best!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "giorgio1712"Wow that all looks amazing!!! Did you get that brochure through the post because I sent for mine ages ago and it still hasn't come  :(
Yep, through the post.  I actually got it over a week ago, but it took this long for me to get round to scanning it all.

It's amazing to finally see ToT in a brochure after all these years. :)

CafeFantasia

I too am excited about the Tower of Terror coming to WDS. This will be the best addition to the entire Resort since Space Mountain in 1995.

My only criticism is, the Tower of Terror has been around in Florida since 1994. So, really, we've all had 13-14 years to ride this attraction. It's nothing new. It's kind of like finally seeing a movie, 13-14 years after it came out. And the thing is, this version of the attraction won't be as elaborate as the 1994 original. It's a less complex, smaller version.

That said, it'll still be great to finally have a Tower of Terror in Europe, and experience it with family and friends who will never go to Florida.

RnRCj

That's a really good advertisement! I love it! Hopefully it will persuade more people to come to the resort :)

Kristof

Quote from: "Alan"My only criticism is, the Tower of Terror has been around in Florida since 1994. So, really, we've all had 13-14 years to ride this attraction. It's nothing new. It's kind of like finally seeing a movie, 13-14 years after it came out. And the thing is, this version of the attraction won't be as elaborate as the 1994 original. It's a less complex, smaller version.

Yes, but doesn't this count just for the guests that have been to Florida already?  Unlike Brits and Germans, there aren't much Belgians, Dutch, French or Spanish that visit Walt Disney World in large numbers, so for most of the guests visiting the Resort will this be an all new experience.

But it will also work the other way around: frequent visitors to WDW will recognize the attraction and might give DLRP a try.

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"My only criticism is, the Tower of Terror has been around in Florida since 1994. So, really, we've all had 13-14 years to ride this attraction. It's nothing new. It's kind of like finally seeing a movie, 13-14 years after it came out.
If we're playing this game, don't forget that when Euro Disneyland opened back in 1992, everything was already 37 years old! People had had decades to ride POTC, IASW, etc!  And boy, people were just so sick of those attractions - "we've done them all in Florida!" they shouted.  Do you see my point?

It's not about how old the concept is, how many years it's been in Florida, it's about what this, single, specific attraction adds to Walt Disney Studios, how it builds this specific park.  And a ride like ToT is going to add a lot.  It's almost like they're adding the Castle/Spaceship Earth/Tree of Life 6 years late.

disney_donutter

I hope it will be Jan!! will be open in time for when I go in Feb!  :wink:

Kristof

Disneytheque has a few recent photos from the construction. Nothing major though.

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... error.html