The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "WDSfans.com"To shoot this lost episode, Imagineers recreated an exact copy of the hotel and are now casting the principal actors, namely... the visitors![/i]
This makes the Imagineers sound so sadistic, that they want to send us on an elevator plummet just to recreate this episode. :lol: I think I would have preferred "this *is* an old abandoned building previously used as a film set in countless Hollywood-based films" rather than "it's just a recreation, it's not the real thing, you're only acting".  And it still doesn't explain why they'd build a huge 183-ft tower just to film the episode.

Not that I'm complaining... I don't even think they really need to explain why/how ToT fits in the Studios, it just does. 8)

So now it's... "You are the actors on a most uncommon elevator, about to ascend into your very own episode of... The Twilight Zone!".   :P

x-charlotte-x

Is the Tower of Terror going to be in English or French? It is ment to be a Hollywood Hotel and so the person who is telling you about it should speak in English, i think it would ruin the atmosphere if it was in French.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Kristof

There will be both French and English versions of the library video.  Each will be subtitled.

Don't forget not everyone speaks or understands English.

x-charlotte-x

Thanks Raptor, will you be able to choose the library room with the language you want or will you not know what language it will be in until you get into the room and the video starts? Also what about the language whilst your in the elevator will it be in English and French, will you be able to choose an elevator with the language you want, or will they just use the effects to get the message across of whats going on?

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Whoknew?

Quote from: "raptor1982"Don't forget not everyone speaks or understands English.

But they also shouldn't forget that not everyone speaks or understands french, i don't understand french at all and that would ruin the whole attraction when someone's talking a language wich oneself understands as good as the language in sims  :?

Snow White Queen

Quote from: "raptor1982"There will be both French and English versions of the library video.  Each will be subtitled.

Don't forget not everyone speaks or understands English.

Ah in french, great  :D  :D  :D
Castmember in *Snow White scary ride* all the summer !

for a cheapest AP, ask me \";)\"

penfold12

I was wondering, out of interest, does anyone know how far the work has developed inside the building?

based on the outside, I kinda expect it to be at a minimum....

Also, anyone have any idea how long construction took for the tower in DCA? I get the feeling it was only about two years, where DLRP is taking about two and a half?

Owain

Owain

DCA Tower;

The glass on the bottom dome tower has been fitted in;

//http://www.dlrp.fr/actualites_tower-of-terror-walt-disney-studios-hollywood-boulevard_1497.html

-breeno-

Brillant photos there.

The tower is really looking well now i can't wait until it finally finished.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Sigton

More element have been added under the left balcony!
 :arrow: //http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/placemaking/production/160507/prodplacemaking08.jpg

CafeFantasia

So, when will the Tower open? Might it soft-open sometime this year (2007)? For example, might it be running over Christmas 2007? Or will it strictly only be opening in 2008?

Kristof

QuoteFor example, might it be running over Christmas 2007?

Yes, it should open around 22 december.

Kristof

Here's a nice view on the Tower from the pathway at Toon Studio.  :D

Source

x-charlotte-x

Wow, the building looks huge and very amazing!  :D I can't wait till its finished!

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York