The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

I was there when they put the dome up, and I agree it looks so much more like TOT now.

I've got a few photos too but someones beat me to it  :P

Anthony

According to Disneytheque, La Terrasse will be demolished to make way for a series of Hollywood façades similar to those of Hollywood Pictures Backlot at Disney's California Adventure.

:?

Kinou

Well I saw the blueprints and i hope they'll go on with it! Get rid of the bloody Terrasse and bring some TRUE decorations in this park!
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

So it's true? :o

I'd heard a small group of sets was planned for the area between Disney Bros. Plaza and STT, but never would have guessed La Terrasse could be up for the chop.  I'm surprised again with just how much they want to shake the park up - on a WDS scale, sets like this would be incredible.  At the moment you just have to huddle around Les Parapluies de Cherbourg and pretend there's more. hehe

So now the question goes from "will they repaint La Terrasse?" to "will they demolish La Terrasse?" 8)

RnRCj

I also noticed these little details when I visited:

Are they new because I don't recall seeing then before.

Samninetysix

what? scaffolding?

Anthony

I think RnRCj means the dark brown art deco pieces on the tops of the building columns.  They were added in the last few days definitely - thanks for the up-close photo!  I love art deco designs.

From Elessar on DCP, all 3 domes are now in place:

I would never have expected all 3 to be added in one day - I thought the photo was photoshopped at first.  The third dome doesn't even have any kind of concrete building beneath it yet! :?

RnRCj

I don't think all 3 were put up in one day. The dome at the top was put up on Thursday for sure, and the other 2 were probably put up on Friday.

thebatman_1

These are the pictures from today....

Oh yes and the weather was that nice today!!

thebatman_1

Todays pictures of the construction, nothing major happened, but would like to keep everyone updated

thebatman_1

Today's construction pictures, taken at around 3pm French time. As you can see its a lovely day

Miss Tinkerbell

lt's beginning to look good eh?? Not that l'd go for a ride in it...

Tron 2.0

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Just a guess, but I think they may leave it this colour and let it become "weathered" naturally, this is what they've done with Big Thunder Mountain - just cleaned it and let it develop it's own darker colour.

Perhaps this is why they are rushing the painting now, leaving a year for it to become weathered?

Nope.

Everything is done in layers, essentially. And this first coat of paint is the very first layer. In a few months they'll wrap the Tower back up and start work on the real weathering and themeing.

They're following the same construction pattern as the Tower of Terror in California, so if you look up pictures of its construction you'll see them doing the same thing.

--Mark
3 ... 6 ... 9 ... Seconds Of Light ...

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"lt's beginning to look good eh?? Not that l'd go for a ride in it...
lol we have something in commen
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

thebatman_1

Here's the latest from the construction taken today at 11am