The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I love that one as well.  It's almost like the Tower has always been there!

Sam

Indeed... even more piles of cement and stone or metallic facades.  :cry:

Don't get me wrong. The Studios need this attraction but I'm only going to be 100% convinced if they add some lush gardens around the Tower.

Maarten

Quote from: "Sam"Don't get me wrong. The Studios need this attraction but I'm only going to be 100% convinced if they add some lush gardens around the Tower.

The gardens are an important part of the experience in my humble opinion. I loved every bit of it back in Orlando. By the way, take a look at some photos of the gardens at the Tower of Terror in Tokyo DisneySea. It seems to be possible to create some lush gardens in a small sized area. Just forget about the statue's and imagine that this can be at our Studios too, although it may never become reality I'm afraid.  :?

Source: //http://www.dlrp.fr/actulargeasia.php?id=94

Kristof

Nothing is known about the garden/queue area, so we can't judge yet I guess.  (Like I said before, don't trust everything that's written on fan sites).

In the end we'll get the Production Courtyard re-theming, which might turn out even better.  :?:

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Nothing is known about the garden/queue area, so we can't judge yet I guess.  (Like I said before, don't trust everything that's written on fan sites).

I was just trying to imagine myself how these gardens would fit at our Tower. I never read anything about it on fansites, so I don't know why you came up with that statement. Or did the DLRP.fr atricle mention something like that? In that case; I didn't read it, although I know for myself that that particular site isn't really reliable.

QuoteIn the end we'll get the Production Courtyard re-theming, which might turn out even better.  :?

I hope so. I'm really curious to find out how this placemaking will turn out.  :wink:

Kristof

QuoteI never read anything about it on fansites

Sorry, I didn't want to insult you, it just sounded similar to what I've been reading on the French and English message boards for over a year, so I assumed wrong.  (by the way, I didn't mention anything about DLRP.fr this time...  :lol: )

Anyway, at least we're getting our unique La Terrasse...  :lol:

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteI never read anything about it on fansites

Sorry, I didn't want to insult you, it just sounded similar to what I've been reading on the French and English message boards for over a year, so I assumed wrong.  (by the way, I didn't mention anything about DLRP.fr this time...  :lol: )

Sorry for my strange reaction then. Just a case of wrong interpatation I guess... By the way, it wasn't such a difficult task to figure out which site you were talking about.  :D

Anthony

Tokyo's queue looks lovely, some of that for WDS please. :wink:

I like the gardens in front of DCA's tower too though, I think they fit the theme well and do the job.  In WDS, they've got that extra corner facing the TV studios (which was previously just grass), and some extra space near STT.  It would be nice if they used those for some overgrown planting, I can't tell from the plans what they are/were going to put there.

Anthony

A horizontal metal support, the start of the emergency escape and "HTH" sign support, is now in place on the tower where those orange markings are:

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... error.html

:D

Kristof

Great photo by SweetJoe on Disney Central Plaza forum:

RnRCj

Looks like about a quarter of the park is a construction site  :P

I guessing all the construction work is on the inside of the tower. Nothing much is happening on the outside. I wish there were photos of the inside! Maybe one of the workers will sneak a camera in one day.....

PS. Is there any official date of when TOT will open yet?

swity

I was told by a castmember of DIsneyland that it will open in October 2007 because they are really fast building it....

Kristof

An opening date has not yet been set out!

swity

My family was interviewed by a Castmember and the interviewer asked my family what they are looking forward planning their next trip. They told them they are very excited about the opening of TOT in 2008...And then the interviewer answerded; No, it will open in October 2007 because the working on TOT goes very good and so fast.....Don't know but maybe he was right...

Kristof

Trust me when I say there is no opening date yet.