The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

You're allowed to be negative. :wink:

But have no fear!  If the tower isn't yellow then I'll eat every goofy hat in the entire resort.  In the same way as Le Chateau is a nice full shade of pink, the tower will be a nice shade of yellow.  As you said already, it looks better against the grey sky.  It also matches with the other WDS buildings (probably the very reason the WDS/DCA tower is yellow to start with).  It might be a slightly different shade of yellow to DCA, but it's *decisive voice*going to be yellow.

It's worth pointing out that the Studio 1, 2 and 3 buildings, which were also built from large concrete pieces, were painted grey before being painted yellow.  They didn't need the same texture treatment as ToT because they're not meant to be aged, so it probably took less coats of paint, but it's the same idea...

Patrick

Yes yellow I believe we got the point, just to point out le chateau de la belle au bois dormont is not a nice full shade of pink, it's getting nearer grey :lol:  :P  :P.

The Butlin Boy

Some strange red markings have appeared on the front of the tower!

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=752

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Some strange red markings have appeared on the front of the tower!

This will be the spot where "The Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign will appear if I remember correctly...

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"This will be the spot where "The Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign will appear if I remember correctly...
As well as the emergency exits/walkways which are hidden behind that sign!  I guess they've marked the spots where they need to drill some holes to put these in place?

The forced perspective on this thing is crazy - now the shell of the front building is done, the whole thing looks HUUUUUGE! :o

Also interesting that not only have the wooden frames in the front openings been removed, but they've put those metal trestle things up, perhaps suggesting the "painting" work will spread to the front soon?

penfold12

Funny you should say that about forced perspective. I was just looking at those pics and thinking how much bigger  the two base sections look against  the tower in comparison to DCA. All that grey hides the height of the tower itself.

I was thinking of the picture taken from the front with the animation building in it. Makes the tower islef look a little shorter, or the base section bigger tahn I thought lol

Maarten

About the forced perspective; one thing this Tower of Terror lacks are buildings to surround it and give more perspective to the tower. It's a bit lonely. Although the building is huge ofcourse, I guess the forced perspective isn't used in it's full potential. Especially if it's accompanied by huge buildings like Studio 1 and Rock n' RollerCoaster, the guests won't see the human scale of the building as much as the other Tower of Terrors around the world... ( or take Main Street and Le Chateau for example). That's something we just have to deal with I guess.

Dlrpfan

wow the sighn already! only seams like yesterday they started lol
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

I doubt the sign itself will be going up yet.  I seem to remember it was very late in the DCA version, and in Paris they've still got to paint and theme the tower and then add the emergency escape walkway.

It is amazing to look back through this topic and see how everything has changed though...  :o

The Butlin Boy

A big update on the tower can be found at the link below:

:arrow: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... error.html

Kristof

I'm looking for the "big".  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"I'm looking for the "big".  :lol:

I thought it would be fun to see how people would react to it! :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Some interesting photos can be found at DCP.
 :arrow: http://disneycentralplaza.aceboard.fr/p ... #id1552071

Kristof

Some photos from yesterday:

You can see the elevator "track" very well on the last one!

More photos here:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/t ... ion?page=1

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"

Thanks Raptor for the great pictures you made! Especially this one of the Tower of Terror as seen from Backlot. You can clearly see that the park seems to get more height and depth. I like it!  :)