The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

i think it looks very boring from behind, which is odd considering it faces the road in anaheim, you would think they would make it look more eye catching and appealing, to encouage you in!
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Dlrpfan

yea they could have made it look a litle more sary on the back as it just looks like any normal building
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Maarten

Quote from: "Jon"i think it looks very boring from behind, which is odd considering it faces the road in anaheim

I think the situation is worse in the Walt Disney Studios. The back of the Tower is in the middle of the park... People in the park will see a boring backside of a huge building, while in Anaheim not many people will see it, besides the people on the road or Timon Parkinglot, like you mentioned...

Fantillusion

It could be all art deco and smashed art deco glass and stuff!
-Craig

Maarten

Quote from: "Fantillusion"It could be all art deco and smashed art deco glass and stuff!

I wouldn't count on it, to be honest...  :(

Fantillusion

I wasnt saying it would happen I was just saying what they COULD do!
-Craig

Maarten

Quote from: "Fantillusion"I wasnt saying it would happen I was just saying what they COULD do!

Please, chill down!  :?

I know you wasn't saying that it would happen, thats why I said "don't count on it".. in other words, I thought you hoped they would do it...

Fantillusion

Oh SORRY

Fantillusion :(
-Craig

Maarten

Don't mind...  :wink:

Fantillusion

I like art deco
-Craig

Kristof

Fantillusion, those kind of topics have to be posted in the Imagineering board, let's keep this topic for the latest news and updates.  :idea:

Tnx  8)

Anthony

I'm glad the back of the tower will just look like a normal hotel, it kinda adds to the eerieness that, from behind, you can't tell that there's anything wrong with the building!

And anyone who's seen Moteurs... Action! in the past 6 months will know how visible the tower is - by keeping it looking quite normal, it will almost merge into the stunt show sets, since they use similar colours.

The back of the tower won't be changing, and neither will the colour... it really honestly is going to be exactly the same as California.  Sorry if that kills discussion!  :lol:

penfold12

I agree Baloo. I always thought the back of the hotel to be ok!! And lit up at night it looks fantastic

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"I'm glad the back of the tower will just look like a normal hotel, it kinda adds to the eerieness that, from behind, you can't tell that there's anything wrong with the building!

Well, it would have been nice to see balconies at the back, or even a few more windows. Besides that, the back hasn't got some "building up" like the front side of the building. If they would add a smaller, less heigh part of the building to the back, it would be a nicer view from behind the building. I know the power equipment is there too, so thats the only problem.

In that case it will look like a normal hotel too, so that's no reason to add less details.  :wink:

Jon

i think your right in saying that it should look normal from behind, but it looks like too much wall, it needs something to break it up a little.
but im not possitive but someone told me that that design TOT was designed for paris but, while they were building the studios they ran out of money or something so it was put back, and in the mean time they used the same design in DCA, so they really have the paris tower, just built before the 1 in paris.
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?