The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedpacket

Quote from: "JJP"Are the seatbelts on the tower of terror like the one's on star tours are they big for large people like myself  :)
I think it should fit you really - not sure how large you are exactly, but I've seen large people enter the ride without too many issues ;)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

JJP

Quote from: "speedpacket"I think it should fit you really - not sure how large you are exactly, but I've seen large people enter the ride without too many issues ;)

Thanks i think i will fit im not pure huge or anything ive had no problem with any of the other rides

CafeFantasia

So, with this 100 million Euro investment, how come the Tower of Terror is nowhere to be seen on DisneylandParis.com? On their front page they have a photo of Minnie Mouse with a girl, not the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Soap

Quote from: "Alan"So, with this 100 million Euro investment, how come the Tower of Terror is nowhere to be seen on DisneylandParis.com? On their front page they have a photo of Minnie Mouse with a girl, not the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

I think because the official opening is in March/April....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Again, communication for ToT starts in April.  There will be a dedicated website, commercials, ads, etc.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Alan"So, with this 100 million Euro investment, how come the Tower of Terror is nowhere to be seen on DisneylandParis.com? On their front page they have a photo of Minnie Mouse with a girl, not the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

I think there is a Tower Of Terror page somewhere on the site, but it's nothing special, just like all the other attraction pages.

StitchOhana

Quote from: "Alan"When I was at the WDS this past weekend, the queues for the Tower of Terror were about 40 minutes on average. Having a Fastpass helped a bit, but not as much as you'd expect. If you have a Fastpass you still have to queue through the lobby, library rooms and boiler room. Still, when the weather's cold, having to stand around in that warm boiler room is rather pleasant.

For some reason, I didn't actually find this version of the Tower of Terror as scary as the one at Disney's Hollywood Studios (Florida). Sure, the drops were just as thrilling, but I think there is more anticipation in the Florida version, particuarly as you move horizontally through the Fifth Dimension room and into the drop shaft. At the WDS, you're always in the drop shaft, so there isn't that build up of anticipation or worrying about what's coming up, if you see what I mean.

The Tower of Terror is thrilling, but it isn't a violent attraction like Space Mountain or the Temple of Peril. Those 2 rides really knock you around and leave you with bruises and a headache. The Tower of Terror is super smooth and gentle (really). It just accelerates down and up very fast, and gives you a very sudden weightless feeling, similar to going through turbulence on an aircraft. Once you're over the initial shock, it's very very fun, especially if you look at the faces of everyone else in your elevator. It's a great shared experience.

As I said before, it's really great to finally have another attraction of that calibre at Disneyland Resort Paris. The Tower of Terror is one of the best Disney rides in the World. It's just a shame it took so long to show up in Paris. Space Mountain opened in 1995, so it "only" took 13 years for the next major E-ticket (Tower of Terror) to show up. I just hope we won't have to wait until 2021 for the next one. Yikes!

You're always in the drop shaft in this version of ToT? Does this mean that the part with the stars, the Twilight Zone symbols like the window smashing, and the ghosts have all gone? Or do they still do this sequence except the lift doesn't move forward into anything?

Kristof

It's the same as in California, meaning that there is a the "window scene" (although we have a slight different version, better than in WDW in my opinion) and there's also a mirror scene.  The 5th dimension is not included (but there will be stars in the hallway scene), but I didn't like that in the WDW version as it, in my opinion, slowed down the story.

StitchOhana

Thanks for that, can't wait to see how different it is. I'm assuming the Library scene takes place and the video they show is still the same as WDW?

Kristof

Of course.  It might be in French with English subtitles, or the other way around.

Reiana

Last weekend ToT waiting time was almost equal with Crush. Both were between 60 and 90 minutes. In the evening (about 18:30h) ToT was down by 60min and Crush still at 75min.
So Crush is still in the lead in popularity.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Reiana"Last weekend ToT waiting time was almost equal with Crush. Both were between 60 and 90 minutes. In the evening (about 18:30h) ToT was down by 60min and Crush still at 75min.

I think that the tower has a higher capacity (guests per hour) than Crush, maybe someone knows the numbers, :?:  so I would think that the tower is probably more popular with those wait times. Also, empty seats are much less common on the tower.

All that being said, Crush has done very well indeed. The guests obviously love rollercoasters.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Grandmath

Both rides are very popular. But the capacity is much higher at TOT when the three elevators are up and running (1500/h vs 1000/h), which means we can't really compare the waiting times.

TOT is also much more reliable than Crush, where every breakdowns means more queueline when it reopens. And don't forget that the waiting time posted for TOT is just for the outside and lobby portions. So when you add the pre-show and waiting time in the boiler room, it is longer. For Crush, waiting time posted is for the whole queueline.

RnRCj

Quote from: "raptor1982"The 5th dimension is not included (but there will be stars in the hallway scene), but I didn't like that in the WDW version as it, in my opinion, slowed down the story.

I agree with that. I remember that you could also see all the wires and stuff in the WDW version's 5th Dimension scene - Almost like it was showing you how everything was done. :?  I like the way that Paris' and California's versions have constant action - There's not one slow or dull moment. I think WDW's ToT has the best exterior though. :lol:

Quote from: "Reiana"Last weekend ToT waiting time was almost equal with Crush. Both were between 60 and 90 minutes. In the evening (about 18:30h) ToT was down by 60min and Crush still at 75min.

That's strange. My Dad's friend said the parks were was empty last weekend. :?

RnRCj

Sorry for double posting, but (I think) this is an excuse! :lol:

I just found this video on Youtube, and I'm not sure what it's all about:

[youtube:254gvn2n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-mo8NExrNw[/youtube:254gvn2n]

Is this some new advertisement?