The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fever

Just to add; comparing RnR to the Tower sounds wrong! RnR, in particular, the French version is the weakest Disney attraction in the whole resort. No story, no real theming and actually a very bland Vekoma coaster. SMM2 has the serious bonus of feeling like an 'adventure', it tells and sells the story to it's guests very well and thus makes it more of a Disney ride. Like the Tower.

In regards to the drop sequence, any ideas if we think this version will one day become like the 'fear every drop' idea in Florida, with each ride being different? I'm unaware, but doubt the CA version has changed...yet!
Welcome foolish mortals

kaysha

QuoteI fail to see how the air time in the lift shaft can be any different in any seat, the movement is purely in the vertical plane so the effect of the seating is irrrelevent unlike a coaster where different cars will pass humps at different speeds depending on the push pull force.

It could be the difference of height in the shaft? The seats of the back are higher, but the difference is very little I admit! :roll:

RnRCj

Quote from: "kaysha"
QuoteI fail to see how the air time in the lift shaft can be any different in any seat, the movement is purely in the vertical plane so the effect of the seating is irrrelevent unlike a coaster where different cars will pass humps at different speeds depending on the push pull force.

It could be the difference of height in the shaft? The seats of the back are higher, but the difference is very little I admit! :roll:

Or maybe the seatbelts at the back have a bit more slack? :lol:

I'd say, that if you want airtime on ToT, just sit in a completely relaxed position. Don't hold on, don't put your hands up. Just sit down and rest your hands gently on your lap. I do this on every ride I go on, and it works - You get to feel the full forces of the ride. I did it on the Florida ToT and I got loads of airtime!

ightenhill

Quote from: "kaysha"It could be the difference of height in the shaft? The seats of the back are higher, but the difference is very little I admit! :roll:

Totally irrellevent, you started off higher at the beginning.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

kaysha

It is true that scientifically speaking there is no explanation, the movement is vertical as you said and equal for each seat.
That was just a remark we had with several members from DCP that we couldn't explain  :oops: . I was just checking if you too felt a difference on the back!
But don't worry I felt the air time!

andrewuk

Quote from: "Fever"Just to add; comparing RnR to the Tower sounds wrong! RnR, in particular, the French version is the weakest Disney attraction in the whole resort. No story, no real theming and actually a very bland Vekoma coaster. SMM2 has the serious bonus of feeling like an 'adventure', it tells and sells the story to it's guests very well and thus makes it more of a Disney ride. Like the Tower.

I disagree. RNRC is themed to be like a rock concert and it is like one: posters, music equipment, lights and superb thrills. I think that you will see as many smiling faces at the RNRC exit as you will anywhere else in the resort. I haven't been on the DHS version, but the story to that version sounds rather corny to me. True, it does not tell a story. But it does rock.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

SMCD

Quote from: "andrewuk"
Quote from: "Fever"Just to add; comparing RnR to the Tower sounds wrong! RnR, in particular, the French version is the weakest Disney attraction in the whole resort. No story, no real theming and actually a very bland Vekoma coaster. SMM2 has the serious bonus of feeling like an 'adventure', it tells and sells the story to it's guests very well and thus makes it more of a Disney ride. Like the Tower.

I disagree. RNRC is themed to be like a rock concert and it is like one: posters, music equipment, lights and superb thrills. I think that you will see as many smiling faces at the RNRC exit as you will anywhere else in the resort. I haven't been on the DHS version, but the story to that version sounds rather corny to me. True, it does not tell a story. But it does rock.

Spot on, Andrewuk. RnRC does have a story, and offers thrill and atmosphere just like ToT. Also, I can´t agree with RnRC being a bland coaster. I think it is perfectly designed - great thrill, and not as rough as Paris´SM.  ToT is off course a grander attraction, with an exterior that blows RnRCs out of the water.

And, Andrew, as far as I remember the DHS version offers basically the same story, but with more Hollywood theming during the ride, and a superior exterior.

Kristof

:offtopic:   Enough about RNRC now, lets turn this topic back around to Tower of Terror.

Tinkerbell.

I went on this Twice on the 20th and 21st of december 2007. and i really liked it i think it is my fav ride but i when on rocking rollercoaster (with more speed.)

i think the overall fear factor adds to it i when on with my boyfriend who made me feel worst about it.
so this is one of my fav rides in the park for sure. mind you i think because i didn't have to wait in a que it made the ride alot better.  :D

Userbars Made By Me

mehdi5

I rode it again yesterday with my girlfriend, she was so scared before we got on but wanted to ride again :mrgreen:  I've been on TOT a total of 56 times now :mrgreen:

andrewuk

Is anyone worried that the queues are not as long as they should be? Or are huge lines expected after the tower is officially announced and people travel especially to ride it? I remember reading about 3 hour waits for the TDS tower on its opening, but there's been nothing like that in Paris.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Reiana

Well, I think, this is off-season. Not as many guests as during christmas or summer season. I'm sure waiting time will increase as soon as off-season is over.

CafeFantasia

Hi,

Just want to add that I've now been on the Tower of Terror at WDS 7 times :-) I thought it was great. While not as good as the original at the Disney-MGM Studios, it is still a VERY slick ride. It's great to finally have it in Paris. I kept finding it weird that I could actually ride the Tower of Terror at Disneyland Paris. For the past 14 years, you've had to go all the way over to Orlando to do that.

Queues for the Tower of Terror were around 40 minutes on average. It was certainly attracting a lot of people and a lot of the times I rode it, the ride ended with a round of applause. The only other ride I've known to get applause is Soarin', so that's a very good sign.

cutie1995

I heard that the Tower of Terror broke down because the lifts broke.My dad's mate went there and it was shut for 3 days.Is this true?
I Love Disneyland Resort Paris!

madame_leota

i cant wait to ride ToT!

i hope the ques arent to bad while im there althought i dont really think its going to be that bad fingers crossed!! :D

im amazed you just have lap belts, im going to be so scared! :lol: