My First Trip alone

Started by abimarieratty, July 06, 2016, 03:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abimarieratty

I'm planning my first trip in January 2017 for my 21st Birthday.

i'm going alone which I actually cant wait as it will give me chance to see the things I want to.

i'm staying in a plaza room in the new york hotel, i'm going for 5 days and 4 nights, when i go the christmas decorations will still be up which is what i am looking forward to possibly the most!

I have Buffalo Bills show booked for the first night, lunch with disney character on the second day on the third day im having dinner with the characters and then on the fourth im having breakfast with the characters.

i was thinking about doing spending a couple days in each park so i'm not in any rush to do things.

i want to do an itinerary for the whole time im there but wouldn't know where to get started can you help?

also have you got any tips and tricks to help me out??

Thanks

stormflm595

Hi abimarieratty, welcome to the forum and how exciting that your first trip is coming up!

First off, whilst I didn't intend to go alone in March it ended up being that way as the girl I went with sulked in our hotel room the entire time! Safe to say, I LOVED it and would consider doing it on my own again. Like you said, you can do exactly what you want and take your time.

Buffalo Bills is great fun and the food is delicious so I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!

I'm sure 2 days in both parks will be more than enough, particularly in January when crowd levels are considerably lower than say, the Summer season. It'll mean you can go back and forth to your favourites and not make you feel like you have to miss stuff out to get other more pressing attractions done.

I don't tend to work with itineraries as I'm more a go with the flow person at the parks but I'd definitely recommend looking up what the most popular attractions are and heading to these first. I'd say stuff like Big Thunder Mountain (which will be open by then hopefully), Peter Pans Flight, Ratatouille and Crush's Coaster. Ratatouille particularly attracts huge crowds from the Studios opening so on your Studios day, head to this first. There is a single rider queue which you might find useful and quicker as the normal queue can reach up to 2+ hours. There is also the fast track option for it but you probably won't need this at that time of year.
Definitely fit in seeing the parade and Dreams at least once...you won't regret it.

Number one tip is to wear comfortable shoes! You'll be doing a lot of walking and there is nothing worse than blisters at Disney!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Puffin

Sounds like a great holiday to look forward to, but as the previous poster said: I do think 2 days in the parks would be more than enough. Especially as you move a lot quicker when travelling alone. So maybe throw in a day of visiting Paris or going to the la Vallée Village outlet center?
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

DisneyRon

Going alone is a lovely way to visit the parks, by taking it easy and taking your time looking around you'll fill up those 4-5 days quite quickly I'm sure. :)

But the others are correct, you can cover a lot more ground in January, when the park is basically at its most quiet.

However that simply means you can do your favourite attractions multiple times quite easily. :D

Perhaps consider doing a tour, they're usually quite fun and you can learn a fair bit about each park.
And since they take 90-120 minutes, they'll fill your day right up. :D

To be fair, an Itinerary wouldn't really be needed, but if you wish to do so, I would start by looking up the busier rides you really feel you must do and plan a route around them. :)
And perhaps consider entering your chosen park for the day early and snagging a fastpass for rides you want to do (especially on Ratatouille this will be very useful, as it tends to be busy. But it might not be that bad in January).

And I'll agree with the others, be sure to wear comfortable shoes. ;D

abimarieratty

Quote from: Puffin on July 06, 2016, 10:23:24 PM
Sounds like a great holiday to look forward to, but as the previous poster said: I do think 2 days in the parks would be more than enough. Especially as you move a lot quicker when travelling alone. So maybe throw in a day of visiting Paris or going to the la Vallée Village outlet center?

I was thinking about that but even though i'm staying at the park am i able to leave and then re enter?

abimarieratty

Quote from: DisneyRon on July 06, 2016, 10:59:03 PM
Going alone is a lovely way to visit the parks, by taking it easy and taking your time looking around you'll fill up those 4-5 days quite quickly I'm sure. :)

But the others are correct, you can cover a lot more ground in January, when the park is basically at its most quiet.

However that simply means you can do your favourite attractions multiple times quite easily. :D

Perhaps consider doing a tour, they're usually quite fun and you can learn a fair bit about each park.
And since they take 90-120 minutes, they'll fill your day right up. :D

To be fair, an Itinerary wouldn't really be needed, but if you wish to do so, I would start by looking up the busier rides you really feel you must do and plan a route around them. :)
And perhaps consider entering your chosen park for the day early and snagging a fastpass for rides you want to do (especially on Ratatouille this will be very useful, as it tends to be busy. But it might not be that bad in January).

And I'll agree with the others, be sure to wear comfortable shoes. ;D

thanks!! a tour sounds fun, i'll have a look into one!

Zee79

I was thinking about that but even though i'm staying at the park am i able to leave and then re enter?
[/quote]

Your park tickets allow you in & out of the park as many times as you want. People park hop, leave for meals in the village then go back in.

Disney Matt

I wish I was brave enough to go on my own!!
But like many people have said you'll get to do what you want when you want  :)
You won't need a plan either as it'll be pretty quiet.

Hope you have a FAB time!!  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

samuelvictor

Sounds like an awesome trip! :) As others have said, 5 days in January is plenty to have a leisurely time and do everything at both parks, and then do your favourite things a few more times if you want :) Though it is possible to rush around everywhere in 2 days, its more fun to take in everything at your own pace and experience all the little details :D

I'd definitely recomend going to Val d'Europe and having a look around both the fashion village and the "normal" shops there. Its only a 15/20 min walk or 5 min bus ride from Disney Village and there is lots to see and do, all authentically French but still lots of Disney stuff. There are also day trips to Paris if you are interested in seeing the sights.