Survey on smartphones at Disneyland Paris

Started by Lena, June 14, 2016, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lena

Hi,

I am currently writing my master's thesis entitled "How could embedded technologies on smartphones improve visitors' experience in Disneyland® parks, Paris?"

As a visitor, I'd like to understand your perception of smartphones, obstacles and motivations which encourage you or not to use a smartphone.
You find the survey behind this link: http://goo.gl/forms/28a2nVqPVBexZIZ62

Thank in advance for your answers! :)

samuelvictor

I just filled it in. Good luck with your report.

Out of interest, the mobile App has a lot of potential, but until there is free wifi in the parks, it is close to useless for many - data charges for people visiting France from other countries can be high, let alone those on PAYG...

cjebs

Quote from: samuelvictor on June 15, 2016, 09:43:42 AM
I just filled it in. Good luck with your report.

Out of interest, the mobile App has a lot of potential, but until there is free wifi in the parks, it is close to useless for many - data charges for people visiting France from other countries can be high, let alone those on PAYG...

i have also done your survey and totally agree with this post, charges have been reduced recently and networks in the uk are slowly waking up to free usage abroad but until wifi is in the whole park and fast enough to update the consistently it is limited to its users.

an alternative would be some offline features such as the map, parade times, EMH etc which should stay fairly constant for long periods of time.

who owns/runs the app btw is it a disney or 3rd party?

Zee79

Completed.

This is the only reason I don't use the app, need free Wi-Fi. I know my network are offering my data usage for use abroad until September - well that's at the moment, will need to see what happens after June 23rd.

Samanthad

Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

Puffin

Having used My Disney Experience app on our recent stay in Disney World, I must say the Disneyland app will only be useful to me once you can make dining reservations, manage your itinerary and book your fastpasses with it.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fĂ©  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Lena

Hi,
thank you all for participating and for your useful comments!
You are helping me a lot :)

MickeyAteMyCap

I would have taken part but unfortunately I haven't been to Disneyland Paris in nine years. Good luck with your survey though.

loupenny

Definitely second the wifi bit! We can use internet abroad as part of our contract but we found it to be very slow and just a bit useless, we also would have liked to have known about all the character meets through the app and which restaurants/kiosks would be open. That would have made our plans a lot easier! Also the text alerts are a cool idea but I said no because if everyone gets a text saying that Buzz has got no queue you can bet your bottom dollar it'll have a queue in a minute!
In the past - Disneyland Hotel, New York, New Port Bay (DLP) Caribbean Beach (WDW) and AP holder at Tokyo Disney.
Recent Years - Kyriad - 2011
Santa Fe - 2015
Dream Castle, B&B hotel, Air BnBs - 2017