Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslewis

ggg

laura:)

Quote from: "itslewis"Once your foot is in the door.. your in. Work hard and i'm sure they will extend your contract! May I ask what height you are, and are you doing any Face characters?
[/quote][/quote]

I'm about 5'1-5'2 and I'm character only. I don't think they'll put me through to face characters unless I suddenly look like someone, lol!

Laura:)

itslewis

nnnn

blondie85

Quote from: "Pinky"
Quote from: "blondie85"Hi all! Im new to this forum so thought id say hello! Im hoping to be at the audition in London on the 23rd at 10am! who else is going to be there? im a bit nervous about going on my own!! Also... how old is everyone on here? im thinking i might be too old for what they are looking for!!
 :)

Hey Blondie :) I auditioned on my own back in July and it wasn't scary at all :) if your audition is anything like mine there are plenty of people on their own and everyones friendly! plus as the auditions are so popular they are fast paced so you'll not really have moments where you're sitting alone for too long at all!
I wouldn't worry about age too much, I'm 22 and granted a majority of the people I spoke to were 18 but there were still alot of older people and the people they put on their books were of all shapes ages and sizes. In terms of what they are looking for, its your attitude and skill that counts!
I hope it's a little cooler in the studio for you :) when me and Snow Whitely auditioned it was SOOO hot!
Have fun with it :)

I'm leaving tomorrow morning :D can't wait to get out there and start! I'll hopefully update y'all when i get a chance :)
good luck to all of you waitiing for the call and for those going to audition!!

Thanks for the reply!!  :D Im still guna be nervous! but im excited too!! i was only asking about the age thing because im turning 24 soon, and i was thinking id be like 6 years older than everyone else applying!! Im thinking in november it should be a bit cooler!! unless theyve gone all out on the heating!!  :lol:

So exciting for everyone heading out soon!! im so jealous!! Anyone else out there planning to audition this month?! if its just me they better hire me!! lol!!  :D
What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?

Even miracles take a little time. - The Fairy Godmother

Quote from: "itslewis"I think your Mickey height right? Thats good cause they always offer CDI's for Mickey heights!!!

I think I'm about his height. That sounds hopeful then ;)

blondie85

Ok... so i officially have no life at all because its friday and i just sat and read the whole forum from the beginning!! haha! on the plus side i now feel like i know you all really well!! Also... congrats to everyone already at disney, and to all you guys on waiting lists!  :D i think i should get some sleep now!!  :lol: night all!!

Hey everyone!

How are you all?

It's just over a week now until I leave for Disney :D I can't wait!

I got a call from Daniel today and he was just calling to ask whether I have everything ready for next week which I kinda have. Since yesterday I've spent about £40 on food, hair products, homeware, toiletries etc... and I still need to get more!

I'll update as much as I can

DisneyBud

Oh good luck! Very exciting time for you. Have you started packing yet? That's when it will become real I am sure. So so jealous!

Quote from: "DisneyBud"Oh good luck! Very exciting time for you. Have you started packing yet? That's when it will become real I am sure. So so jealous!

I'm gonna start packing at the beginning of next week. I can't wait! :D

_Natalie_x

Hey guys :) godddd feels like years since ive been on here sorry! :P
hi to dlprincess :D congrats on your job... if you wouldnt mind adding me on facebook i'd love to talk to you about your interview and position i have a few questions if its ok!!! :):)
Hello to blondie85...  exciting stuff that your audition is in a week or so :D:D i wish i was auditioning !! you'll be absolutely faaaab and i cant wait to hear from you about how your day went :D best of luck!!

My job at the Disney Store is going fabulous!! Im loving it.. hopefully doing a good job.. i feel like im doing alright anyway!! and pretty much made friends with everyone and they are all lovelyyy :D
also been taking advantage of my discount ;) got a new mickey in my bed ! its not clever bcus im ment to be saving up so im trying dead hard not to buy eveyrthing !! :p
hope everyone is okk :):):):):):)
(L) lotsa love, Natalie xxxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

blondie85

Ahhhhh!!! Laura im so excited for you!!! i cant believe how soon you leave!!!  :D im so jealous!! hopefully one day i'll be able to say i leave in one week too!!!

Natalie! thanks!! im still nervous!! my boss tried to change my rota so i was working on the audition day... i was like... um... i'll only call in sick!!! I promise i'll be straight on here to tell you all how it went!!  :D  I wish i had a disney store close enough to me so i could work there! i bet youre doing an amazing job!!

On a slightly different note... im going into town today to get the new Beauty and the Beast Dvd with all the extra features on it.. so tonight im guna be sat at home (weather sucks here) singing along and dreaming of disney!  :D

:beast:  :belle:

jennjennzo

Hello, my name is jenn
I was wondering if any of the people working at Disneyland Paris could tell me the time between them auditioning and getting the job as I am wondering when I would be employed if I passed the audition on November 23rd?

Thank you

DisneyBud

It really depends. You would have to get through the audition to find out. Some people are offered contracts on the spot, others put on a waiting list for up to six months, and even then there's no guarantee you will be called.

alaina82

Hey Jenn, i auditioned back in April and got a call in June to start in September. As Disneybud said theres no guaruntee but most people ive spoken to waited a cple of mths, lots of contracts end in Jan tho (mine included) so im sure there will be a lot of new formations then. It all depends on your height and if theres something available in that range!

Blondie82...the weather sucks here too, been raining nonstop for 4 days now and no sign of it stopping any time soon! Being a cheery little xmas Elf in this weather is HARD work...im gradually turning into a Gremlin lol. Still, made myself feel better by watching xmas movies (Elf and The Holiday) and drinking hot choccie with marshmallows :) Worst thing is that its only gonna get worse as the weeks go on, im pretty sure we'll get snow and its pretty nippy already with just wind and rain...BRRRRRRR! Trying to layer up under the costumes as best as possible lol

itslewis