Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRogue

Quote from: "littlelottie"It'd be great if someone could give me a straight answer on this, I asked Daniel and he just said 'you can call and book, subject to availability, once you have your Disney ID'. This doesn't really say how many rooms I can book and at what discount so I'm a bit confused!

"Subject to availability" is the important part here... Back when I used the discounts there was a limited number of rooms available at CM rates. In theory you get rooms at 50% (or is it 60% now? Thought I heard something like that...), but I wouldn't count on getting them for New Years, which is one of the busiest times at the resort. Apart from that there's no limit as far as I know.

Definitely look into staying off-site.

littlelottie

Thanks for the replies guys!

I think my parents are definitely going to stay on-site as they'd rather spend the money and be nearby. I just think if discount is available they'll aim higher and if not they'll probably go for the Cheyenne or something.

Don't worry Lewis I'm not getting too excited..I have always thought I was just going to be Chip and Dale, so anything I get to do on top of those two is a bonus; parades, face or other characters!

Think I know everything I need to know..just need to pack now :)

Lottie x

dlprincesse

Hey lottie

Congrats on the job =)

As for the discount, it is 50% on hotels but it all depends on the time of year. In busy times the park has these things called "blackouts" where it's so busy that not even staff who aren't working are supposed to come in (even though they do anyway!) but it means that you can't use your free tickets to get people in and if you have people staying in a hotel, they could arrive and be told that they can't stay because there is no room. Therefore it'd be a lot better for your parents to come at quieter times than risk not having somewhere to stay. Christmas will definitely have blackout days but unfortunately I don't think you can find out in advance what the days are.

RiverRogue

Quote from: "dlprincesse"As for the discount, it is 50% on hotels but it all depends on the time of year. In busy times the park has these things called "blackouts" where it's so busy that not even staff who aren't working are supposed to come in (even though they do anyway!) but it means that you can't use your free tickets to get people in and if you have people staying in a hotel, they could arrive and be told that they can't stay because there is no room.

A little clarification: blackouts do not apply to people staying in a Disney hotel. Whether they've booked with a CM discount or not, if they have a hotel ID you should be able to get them into the parks.

littlelottie

Hi dlprincesse and riverrogue!

Thanks for the info - I think the rents are deadset on staying over new year in a Disney Hotel. There are still loads of regular rooms available online so I'll aim for discount and if there aren't any CM rooms left I'll get them to pay full price.

Also...is 2 suitcases acceptable? It seems like a lot but clothes and coats and shoes and toiletries and accessories and other general things seem to take up a lot of space!! Thoughts on this please..will I look high maintenance rocking up with 2 cases, or is it the norm?

I leave in the morning..eek!

Lottie x

jennjennzo

Hey, Thank you so much to everyone who replied.

I agree the weather is terrible. I was there the weekend just passed and it rained most of the time but it couldn't ruin my spirits.

Jenn xxx

jennjennzo

Also just to say the full casting programme for the November 23rd audition in London is out and it says ' Contracts start dates between December 2010 and February 2011, for a minimum of 4 months.' Just if anyone else was wondering. The job inverview is at 7pm that day if you pass the first part and you will hear pretty soon after.

Jenn xxx

dlprincesse

River Rogue - We were told in orientation that if hotels are full, then cast members families can be denied a room on arrival for people paying full price. Similarly free entry passes cannot be used during blackouts. Therefore, even if they have a room but it's a blackout in the park you cannot use your free entry passes. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if you could ask 2 different people and get 2 completely different answers!

Lottie - It's probably best all round to avoid the busiest times of year, especially Christmas and especially on the weekends. Apparently the weekend of the 4th and 11th are blackouts, and it's highly likely that the other weekends leading up to Christmas and New Year will be as well. If you can't get them into a Disney hotel then there are two other hotels over at Val D'Europe which is only 5 mins by train and probably a lot cheaper than the Disney hotels, even with the discount =P

itslewis

Quote from: "dlprincesse"River Rogue - We were told in orientation that if hotels are full, then cast members families can be denied a room on arrival for people paying full price. Similarly free entry passes cannot be used during blackouts. Therefore, even if they have a room but it's a blackout in the park you cannot use your free entry passes. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if you could ask 2 different people and get 2 completely different answers!

Lottie - It's probably best all round to avoid the busiest times of year, especially Christmas and especially on the weekends. Apparently the weekend of the 4th and 11th are blackouts, and it's highly likely that the other weekends leading up to Christmas and New Year will be as well. If you can't get them into a Disney hotel then there are two other hotels over at Val D'Europe which is only 5 mins by train and probably a lot cheaper than the Disney hotels, even with the discount =P

Yup, I heard that too! If your family if booked in a room but a customer pays full price for it when it's blackout, they get denied the room! But yes, train from Val' D to Paris is literally 30 seconds!

RiverRogue

Quote from: "dlprincesse"River Rogue - We were told in orientation that if hotels are full, then cast members families can be denied a room on arrival for people paying full price. Similarly free entry passes cannot be used during blackouts. Therefore, even if they have a room but it's a blackout in the park you cannot use your free entry passes. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if you could ask 2 different people and get 2 completely different answers!

It's true that "regular" guests used to have priority over guests with CM discount. I know that this was discontinued in 2009 and I'd be surprised if they changed it back again....

Anyway, I repeat that Disney hotel guests (and only those) are NOT affected by CM blackout dates and will get in free during their stay, within the limits of your Passeport En Scene obviously.

Alfie

Quote from: "jennjennzo"Also just to say the full casting programme for the November 23rd audition in London is out and it says ' Contracts start dates between December 2010 and February 2011, for a minimum of 4 months.' Just if anyone else was wondering. The job inverview is at 7pm that day if you pass the first part and you will hear pretty soon after.

Jenn xxx

It said it was 4 months minimum on the website for the September auditions, but in the pre audition speech, Daniel said they were 9 months minimum contracts. So do we think it's likely to be the same situation again?

laura:)

Hey guys!

I'm off to Paris tomorrow for my first day at Disneyland :D I can't wait! I'm all packed and ready to go, I've got 1 suitcase, 1 holdle, 1 backpack and 1 shoulder bag :/

This is my last post in England and I'll try and update as much as I can in Paris

Speak to you soon x x

Laura:)

norhel

Enjoy Laura!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

blondie85

Have a fantastic time Laura!! soooo excited for you!! hope youve arrived ok today!  :D

So...... i dont know what to do now!!! I was all set for the disney audition, but now i have an interview to work for Disney on their cruise ships! do i do both?? i wouldnt know what to do if i got offered both! (not that i think that will happen but still!!!)

Its all quite exciting and confusing!! I think i stand more chance with the interview! Id be sooo nervous for the audition!!

Hope everyones good!  :D
What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?

Even miracles take a little time. - The Fairy Godmother

alaina82

Go to both blondie85, gives u double the chance then :) Is it for a character/performer for Cruise Line or another position?? If u want to auditon for the DCL u have to go to a Tokyo Disney audition apparantly and then tell the panel there that u want the cruise