Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Natalie_x

sounds fab lewis :D so happy for ya that uu got a CDI :D:D !!!  any ideas how long uu think ur gonna wanna stay for?? Like do you think you cud last 5 years??
Blondie ive pre-ordered my beauty and the beast !! :D  Getting the one with Belles xmas story thing aswell so its not coming til 29th but im excitedddd!! Dont remember the last time i saw BATB must be about 10 years ago or something daft!!
Jenn good luck for your audition :):) xxxxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Thanks Nat, but ent got the CDI yet. They just said they want me for a CDI on my next contract, just waiting to know when my next one is!!! I would like to do a year at Paris then hopefully another year at Tokyo or Disney Cruise if I every got through the audition, would love to experience working in all the Disney parks! :D

_Natalie_x

Aw awesomeee :) hows ya french coming along?? :D xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

dlprincesse

Hey everyone!
I'm here! Arrived a few days ago and got given accom in Boiserie which I'm very pleased about!
Work's ok so far - a lot of training and presentations though =/
The first few days are jam-packed and really tiring but hopefully worth it!

Hey Laura! Congrats on the job =D
When do you get here?

Hey Natalie
Thanks =) If you message me your email I find you on fbook =)

And also agree with Alaina - crappy weather!

_Natalie_x

Hiii if you click on my user profile thingg... then my fb link is on there! :):)
hope paris is faaaaabbb!! xxx
Here we are... <3[/b]

laura:)

Quote from: "dlprincesse"Hey Laura! Congrats on the job =D
When do you get here?

Hey Dlprincesse,

I come on Friday, not long now! :D

I can't wait to get out there!

Laura:)

littlelottie

Hi Laura,

I start on Friday too!! So excited!

Add me on Facebook (Lottie Lizzie Linter) if you like :)

xxx

littlelottie

Also, for anyone who is already there...

What is the social life like?? And is it expensive?? My contract is 2 months long, and then as soon as I get back I am travelling around the world for 5 months so I need to save as much money as possible whilst still having an amazing time...hopefully it can be done!

I was measured as 157cm, and I'm character and parade. Does anyone know what kind of parts I might play in the parade? Like a dancer in front of the floats?  

Final question...on the audition blurb they mention that they're looking for Wendy and Tinkerbell at my height. I know that Wendy is in the parade...but where is Tinkerbell? I swear I've never seen a Tinkerbell face character in the park except about 8 years ago on a float in the studios.

If you aren't put in wigs and make up at the audition does that mean that you won't be a face character? Or do they re-assess you when you arrive?

I'm most excited about the parades, and hopefully playing Minnie (or Boo from Monsters Inc!), but obviously a face character would be fun too so it'd be nice if anyone could tell me if short people ever do get to be face characters?

So excited!! Wrote my packing list today!

xxx

itslewis

a

itslewis

Quote from: "littlelottie"Also, for anyone who is already there...

What is the social life like?? And is it expensive?? My contract is 2 months long, and then as soon as I get back I am travelling around the world for 5 months so I need to save as much money as possible whilst still having an amazing time...hopefully it can be done!

I was measured as 157cm, and I'm character and parade. Does anyone know what kind of parts I might play in the parade? Like a dancer in front of the floats?  

Final question...on the audition blurb they mention that they're looking for Wendy and Tinkerbell at my height. I know that Wendy is in the parade...but where is Tinkerbell? I swear I've never seen a Tinkerbell face character in the park except about 8 years ago on a float in the studios.

If you aren't put in wigs and make up at the audition does that mean that you won't be a face character? Or do they re-assess you when you arrive?

I'm most excited about the parades, and hopefully playing Minnie (or Boo from Monsters Inc!), but obviously a face character would be fun too so it'd be nice if anyone could tell me if short people ever do get to be face characters?

So excited!! Wrote my packing list today!

xxx

Hi Little Lottie :)

The social life is mint, especially over the summer. Theres always decent flat parties and most people go out Fri/Sat to the Disney Village. It's not expensive at all, you get discounted drinks. I saved quite a bit but I know a few people spent their wages way too early. Just try and save.. it will be hard for the first month but after try and save as much as you can. I came home with quite  a bit of money so I was happy.

For 157, you can do Can Can dancers, Bungie Toys and Ursula's fish thingybob. I would say their three of the best roles on DOUD too in my opinion! You also have Court Dancer and Villians for Fanti! You will also get Elf for the Christmas Floats. I think anyway, I was only there for two months so I don't know that much lol.

Tinkerbell is only on Fanti parade, so she's only out for that. You don't see her much, it's such a shame.

It doesn't matter if they didn't put wigs on in your audition. Lots of face characters didn't. What you will do is have you Character training for the first week, then Face Formation will come and have a look at you, and if they think you resemble a face character they need.. you will be fitted the following week. However, you need to be approved for the fitting, training and sets before you are approved as the character! And yes, lots of short people do face, depends what you look like. Mainly Alice, Wendy and Tinkerbell I think.

Hope I answered all your questions :)

alaina82

Hey Lottie

I think at 157 you'll be too tall to play Minnie or Boo but theres loads of character in your height so dont worry. Im 155 and im the tallest Mickey/Minnie, i hardly ever get used cos i think im their last resort but u might get lucky. I also do cancan, elf and octopus as parade dancer as well as other characters so fingers crossed ull get some rep when ur here!!

See u soon!

Alaina
x

littlelottie

Thanks so much for the info!

Lewis you've made my day saying I might get face fitted, I'm brunette now so I hope they see past that and still fit me for Tink haha, I'm sure it'll be fine once I've got a wig on.

Looking forward to it so much, especially the parade parts, I'd be happy with any of them! The bungie one looks so fun though.

Shame you're not there, although I'm thinking of letting Daniel know when I'm back in June and seeing if there are any contracts about then!

Alaina, did you share a room with a girl called Beth? Or are you in her formation or something? I've been reading her blog and I'm sure she has mentioned an Alaina! Shame about the Minnie thing although I do quite like the idea of Chip and Dale :)

Friday cannot come quickly enough!

Lottie x

laura:)

I hope I get to be 'friends' with Stitch when I'm out there but I think I might be a little bit too tall for him :/

Laura:)

littlelottie

Yeah my little cousins would love that!!

Does anybody know the conditions for hotel discounts? My family want to come and visit over New Year, and potentially some friends want to come out early in December for a weekend.

I know Daniel mentions 50% hotel discount in the presentation in the audition, but is that like one room per year or something? Or is it quite generous?

Obviously if we don't get any discount my parents will book now, but if we do, then they will wait as they want to look into the Disneyland Hotel or New York.

It'd be great if someone could give me a straight answer on this, I asked Daniel and he just said 'you can call and book, subject to availability, once you have your Disney ID'. This doesn't really say how many rooms I can book and at what discount so I'm a bit confused!

Thanks!

Lottie x

itslewis

Don't get too excited about Tinkerbell, as I never know what they look for!
Yes, Alaina did share a room with Beth... just thought i'll answer that on for you Alaina ;)

You get 50% off hotels BUT a lot of people say it works out cheaper if family find their own accommodation as it still works out to be expensive. I think you get it all year round but the free entry park tickets are once every 3 months or something like that. I'm not 100% sure, never really looked into it! I'm sure Daniel will tell you more.

Lewis x