Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaina82

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"BONNE CHANCE.. je suis sur que tu seras magnifiqqquuueeee!!  Sourire beaucoup et les montrer comment merveilleux tu es et pas de problem!!

Hmmmm right, well that says Good Luck...something about being great (i think).....and....yep, thats my French all done  :P

Oh god i REALLY need to learn this language  :(

_Natalie_x

Oh dear alaina ;) good luck, you will be magnificent. Smile lots, show them how marvelous you are and no problem!! :p
Hehehheh xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Pinky

Quote from: "Snowly Whitely"WOW! congratulations Pinky and Laura! thats so fantastic im so pleased for you both. It also gives me hope that i might still get the call!! When did you audition Pinky? had two missed calls from an unknown no. yesterday so have e-mailed Daniel to check-fingers crossed!! ...

thank yooou! I auditioned on the 27th of July in London, sorry the call wasn't from Daniel but asking will surely have put you to the top of his mind :)

Just some advice i would have liked to have stumbled across when i was auditioning:
reading back in this thread, I found a conversation about weight and how it might be an issue when they are casting, I don't think that's the case, I am large-ish for my height and I was completely honest about my weight on the form you have to fill in at the start and they were fine with it. I think fitness rather than weight is what they are after! they do need to know you can cope after all, so give it your all!

I graduated yesterday, now that's over it seems a little more real!
2 weeks now, eurostar booked and packing begins tomorrow!

Chiyo

Yeah, that is exactly what my friend, who auditioned with me said: It doesn't matter how much you have  on the scale... you have to be able to move and be athletic (kind of ^^"), that is all you need.
I mean, let me show you something... there is a video about my favorite character (guess who XDDD), and it was taken in WDW...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHAgCLUTZiQ

Look at about 1:54 and you can see what I mean ^^"

Sometimes they fit very well into the costumes  ;)

Snowly Whitely

Quote from: Pinkythank yooou! I auditioned on the 27th of July in London, sorry the call wasn't from Daniel but asking will surely have put you to the top of his mind :)quote]

I auditioned then too :)
[size=150]Hey There, Hi There, Ho There! It\'s a Disney Kinda Day![/size]

Pinky

hehe no way! in the sweltering heat of the packed studio :p
what number were you? I was one of the last people in (my train was delayed!) so I was always in the second or third from last group.

11 days till disney!!
:)

Cendrillon

AislingM, I've an interview on Wednesday so if at all possible, I would be so grateful for any tips or suggestions! Mine is for WDW but I'm sure many aspects will be similar!

Chiyo

Quote from: "Cendrillon"AislingM, I've an interview on Wednesday so if at all possible, I would be so grateful for any tips or suggestions! Mine is for WDW but I'm sure many aspects will be similar!

Hi Cendrillion!

Are you applying for the International Program as a Cultural Representative for WDW?

Then I can give you tips and suggestions, cause I did that already and had a wonderful time in WDW. Just let me know, what you want to know :)

Cendrillon

Hey! I'm actually just applying for the summer college program, but I'm sure the interviews involve the same things! I have the phone interview on Wednesday, did you have to go through one of these? Tips would definitely be most welcome, if that's alright! I was just wondering what sort of questions I can expect, and how formal I should be. I've read about some interviews which were supposedly just like chats, but I've also read about interviews where it was very formal and the interviewer didn't seem to know much about Disney at all.

I'd love to hear about your experience!

SwipatronSparks

i havnt heard anything yet =/ but then the email i got said it they would be in touch within 4-6 weeks heres to hopeing they get in touch soon XD

good luck cendrillon =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Chiyo

Hello Cendrillion!

Okay, the College Program is completely different from the Cultural Representive Program, so the'll have different questions for you.
Cause the CRs are going to be ask about their country, about their region, where they live and what are things in their country there are proud of.
They have to tell, what they would visitors suggest, if they are going to visit the home country of the CR  and stuff like that :)

But I don't think, they will ask a participant of the college program these questions.
What they are going to ask is, why do you want to work for Disney. But this questions is the same everywhere.

When you are going to an interview for Disney, make sure that you have a business look: No jeans, no sneakers, probably black trousers (remember, no jeans :) ), nice shoes, decent make up and you have to meet the Disneylook, which means: natural hair color, no visible piercings or tattoos, a serious hairstyle (I guess your hair shouldn't be like an emo or a punk *giggle*).

Probably you'll have recruiters directly from Disneyworld at your interview, so you will experience the american way of friendliness, which mean, the interview is going to be easy and kind of funny. But don't take it to easy.
And don't forget the most important thing, when you want to work for Disney (and then when you work for Disney of course): Show them your very best smile. That's half way to success ! :)

I hope, these tips are going to help you and I will cross fingers for you on Wednesday, that you'll get the job.
And I promise: You will love WDW, you will enjoy Florida, and you will have the best time of your life!

Greetings from Germany (the reason for the bad english *lol*)
Chiyo :)

Cendrillon

Oh wow, thank you so much for all that information! I'm sure it will be very helpful. I'm actually starting to really look forward this interview now, though I'm sure I'll be feeling the nerves this time tomorrow!

Also, I don't know what you're talking about, your English is perfect! Much better than many people I know who speak it as their first language ;)

sebassah

QuoteWhen you are going to an interview for Disney, make sure that you have a business look: No jeans, no sneakers, probably black trousers (remember, no jeans :) ), nice shoes, decent make up and you have to meet the Disneylook, which means: natural hair color, no visible piercings or tattoos, a serious hairstyle (I guess your hair shouldn't be like an emo or a punk *giggle*).

Probably you'll have recruiters directly from Disneyworld at your interview, so you will experience the american way of friendliness, which mean, the interview is going to be easy and kind of funny. But don't take it to easy.
And don't forget the most important thing, when you want to work for Disney (and then when you work for Disney of course): Show them your very best smile. That's half way to success ! :)

I remember my interview! It was in London at the Disney Parks Europe HQ. First we watched some presentations and got some general information. After that we were paired up and waited for our interview. Thats right we went in per 2's. (something I never experienced before). My interviewer (Roger) asked stuff about my passion for Disney, study and why I wanted to work at Disney. It was all very informal! As final question he asked me in what park I would want to work. It was a short interview but so cool.

As stated below here dress appropriate, and smile, smile, smile!

I loved my CP time at Wdw, if you need any other information please let me know I would be happy to share my experience with you!

Alfie

23rd November 2010 at 10am... anybody else going to be at pineapple?

Chiyo

Soooo, Cendrillion, how was your interview?
Did you have fun?

I'm sure you loved it, the Disney people are so great people, I miss them so much!

Thanks for your compliment about my English - I thought, the way I build sentences is not always the right way, but as long you guys know, what I want to say, everything is fine, isn't it? :)

Well... tomorrow evening my journey to Paris will start again, and this time, I will spend three wonderful days DLP (including a visit at the casting center - just to ask and get informations :) ).

So if anyone from our heroes working at DLP wants to meet me, just let me know. I will be online with my smartphone most of the time, so I can check messages at this board.

And meeting Jack Skellington is one of the highest points on my to-do-list, cause I haven't met him yet (only as a costumed guest at the Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloweenparty at WDW *lol*) Anyways, I have to meet a lot of villains, cause there aren't out that many times. So Halloween is a very great time for that, and I can't wait *jump*

You will get live-greetings from DLP into this board, I promise!

Greetings
Chiyo :)