Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura678

Everytime my phone beeps with an email my heart jumps hoping its from Disney! I think the waiting is going to be the worst part!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

RosannaW8

Hi everyone! :)

I had an interview in London towards the end of January and made it into the "talent pool".
I then received an email offering me a contract and I start on the 2nd of March for the "Contrat de Professionalisation".
I just wondered if there was anyone else on here who is starting either the same or any contract around the same time?

_Natalie_x

hey Rosanna congratulations!! What the contrat de professionalisation ive never heard of that?! Where will you be working..??
x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Cendrillon

Hi everyone! Good luck to all of you attending interviews soon, or waiting for responses! (:

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I interviewed at the end of 2011 for a summer 2012 contract and got put through to the talent pool, but never got offered a role in the end. They emailed me to ask me if I'd like to update my availability so I said I would be able to do Christmas 2012 or summer 2013, but I never heard back after that. Christmas went by without any word from Disney, and now I'm wondering what I should do about summer. At the interview they stressed that you shouldn't email them because if they have something to offer, they'll get in touch with you, but do you think it would be worth emailing them since it's been over a year? Does anyone know if a place in the talent pool stops being valid after a certain amount of time?

Any advice would be appreciated!

katieandthebeast

Cendrillon I also interviewed in September 2011 and didn't hear anything for Christmas 2011 or summer 2012, but still got offered a contract for Christmas 2012 :) So perhaps try waiting a little longer to hear from them, or send them a quick e-mail to let them know that you're still interested.

_Natalie_x

Id email again cendrillon because they just emailed my friend asking for his availability again and theyll get in touch if theyres anything. So id write again. :D
Here we are... <3[/b]

hakunamatata

Hi again, just a quick Q about the application form they email you to take to the interview, when it says 'work references and referrals' does it want you to write about your experience, or just names/contacts, or someone to write a reference for you?! xxx

_Natalie_x

just names and address/contact details of a present/old employer and someone that you know like an old teacher or family friend. Something like that. :D x
Here we are... <3[/b]

Cendrillon

Thanks for the advice, Katie and Natalie! I went for it and sent them another wee email... keeping my fingers crossed for third time lucky!

dolphin5

Hello everyone from Athens-Greece....I got also my contract for 6-month period "Contrat de Professionalisation" started on 2nd March. I have to be there on 1st March...does anybody else will be on the same day?

RosannaW8

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"hey Rosanna congratulations!! What the contrat de professionalisation ive never heard of that?! Where will you be working..??
x

Hi Natalie, thanks I'm looking forward to it!  It's a normal contract but you work about 80% of the time and then the rest is classes. So I'll be doing some more French lessons but you can also do business and things. But I'll be working in one if the boutiques :)

_Natalie_x

Ohhh that sounds so good I wish I could do that! French classes on the side would have been mega helpful for me :L is that because you're at uni or something too?? x
Here we are... <3[/b]

RosannaW8

Yeah as soon as they mentioned it in the presentation I was like "that is definitely for me!" ha! Well no I'm not at uni although I can see it'd be a really good way to do your year abroad or something though. So have you worked at Disney already then? xx

_Natalie_x

That wasnt even a option when i started so thats awesome theyve brought it in!! could you state which kind of contract you'd prefer?? That options available to just anyone then? Yea I started last year with a contract from April to September.. then went back for Halloween in October and again for Christmas and New years!! Cant get enough clearly. Damn it Disney pulling me back.. :P hahaha ! Are you excited?! x
Here we are... <3[/b]

nikos1988

Quote from: "dolphin5"Hello everyone from Athens-Greece....I got also my contract for 6-month period "Contrat de Professionalisation" started on 2nd March. I have to be there on 1st March...does anybody else will be on the same day?

Hello!! We are also from Greece and we are coming to work (me and my twin brother) the 1st of March!!