Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikos1988

Hello there!!We are twin bothers from Greece and we are coming to work in Disney the 1st of March!! If there are others who will be working this period, please let us know!:)

RosannaW8

Yeah I think it's just new this year but couldn't say for sure! Well yeah in my interview I just said that I was quite interested in it and that's the one I got so very much looking forward to it! I've wanted to work at Disney for like ever! I'd had an interview 2 years ago but my French wasn't good enough at the time so extra pleased that I'm going now! Ha x

IrishLady

Hi everyone :) got this email: "As part of our talent pool, we would like to call you on February 20th either between 10AM and 13PM or 14.30 PM and 17.30 PM (French time) to offer you a contract corresponding the following periods only:

- Seasonnal contracts
-> starting in February, March, April, May or June ending either Sept 02nd or Sept 30th."

Anyone else get the same one? Do you reckon they'll ring me in French, because my French isn't too good haha I've been in the talent pool for 2 years so really hoping I get it this summer! :) xx

_Natalie_x

ohhh how exciting its finally happening!!! Are you sure they're gonna ring you and not the other way around..?? I've never known it that they ring its usually everyone rings them and they give you a contract then.. congrats though!!! exciting! x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

sorry i just didnt even answer your question but yes i'm pretty sure it will be in french unless you are really struggling then theyll probs go to english. Should be ok though its pretty basic, x
Here we are... <3[/b]

IrishLady

Had to book a time slot for them to ring me in, may get practicing on my French haha Thanks! Fingers crossed :) xx

_Natalie_x

Oh wow thats so unusual!! Itll be fine :D I expect they'll probably just say things like "Tu es disponible quand?" so just make sure you know you're dates in french like from when you can work.. then theyll probably confirm your details and place of work. To be honest, it shouldnt be too bad if you miss things because all the information will be in the contract, as long as the dates are correct and your contact information, you can catch up on the rest !! :p
Here we are... <3[/b]

Laura678

Quote from: "IrishLady"Hi everyone :) got this email: "As part of our talent pool, we would like to call you on February 20th either between 10AM and 13PM or 14.30 PM and 17.30 PM (French time) to offer you a contract corresponding the following periods only:

- Seasonnal contracts
-> starting in February, March, April, May or June ending either Sept 02nd or Sept 30th."

Anyone else get the same one? Do you reckon they'll ring me in French, because my French isn't too good haha I've been in the talent pool for 2 years so really hoping I get it this summer! :) xx

Go n-éirí and t-ádh leat!! The best of luck to you! I'm still waiting to hear something back! It's been 2 weeks now since I applied for the Dublin recruitment session!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

IrishLady

Thank you! Best of luck to you too, let me know how you get on :) xx

IrishLady

Noellie rang me and she said only contracts up until May are open at the moment so she's going to ring as soon as June contracts open :) so there's still hope for us all whooo! Best of luck everyone :) Sinead x

Laura678

How long after people applied did they hear back? Did ye normally wait the three weeks or was it sooner?
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

JodieG2013

Hey all,

So I am new here! I'm currently studying at University, and in September starting my PGCE course for primary school teaching. I have been looking at the possibility of working at Disneyland Paris for the Summer period, but completely unaware of how any of this works. I wouldn't be looking for a character role, more for a shop or ride assistant, something like that. Any idea how I go about applying for these? Do you need to audition or is it a case of CV and interviews? Also, my fiance who is currently training as a play therapist is also interested, it's something we would like to experience together! If we were both to get very lucky and got jobs there for the Summer, are we able to request that we are put to live together? Sorry for all the questions, I am completely clueless. Also, how long would be the minimum I could work there, for example, can you just do July and August?

Thanks!

VigBasil

Hey there,

I did an interview in Dublin last year in the hopes of getting a summer contract to work in maintenance. I got through to the talent pool but they never offered me a contract for the summer - only for this Christmas, which I couldn't take because of college. They emailed me today offering me a job in a restaurant for the summer starting in a month of my choosing, I have to ring on Wednesday. Really pumped, but mostly terrified because I haven't spoken French since last May. Does anyone know how these phonecalls go down? Also wondering if anyone else from Ireland got this email today? If this actually works out and I get a contract I'd love to meet a few people before going over this summer. :)

Cendrillon

@VigBasil: Congrats! I'm sure the call will be fine, they'll speak as slowly and clearly as you need them to - they must be used to doing it by now! Hope you have a brilliant summer if it all works out (:

I emailed them 2 weeks ago to ask about summer contracts, but I haven't heard anything back. Definitely starting to lose hope now...!

VigBasil

Quote from: "Cendrillon"@VigBasil: Congrats! I'm sure the call will be fine, they'll speak as slowly and clearly as you need them to - they must be used to doing it by now! Hope you have a brilliant summer if it all works out (:

I emailed them 2 weeks ago to ask about summer contracts, but I haven't heard anything back. Definitely starting to lose hope now...!

Thanks a lot.  :) I can remember last April when some of my friends were getting their emails, they were all very spaced out so I wouldn't start losing hope just yet. Keep the faith  8)