Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee_26

Quote from: "jenson2003"Yes, look out for me. I am quite tall with ginger hair and thinking of wearing a blue tunic dress :) hopefully, I'm an awful dancer though but fingers crossed. It is just horrible knowing how one day can change everything when you want something so bad! x

Ha, I will look out for you! I am quite short with brown hair! And have no idea what to wear! I know exactly what you mean, I have been waiting for this 1 day for so long!! Where are you travelling from? X

disneyanniebelle

i really wanted to go on the 16th but i can't make it that day so im going to have to go on the 17th! im worried that i will stand less of a chance as they would have seen everyone already on the monday! my fingers are crossed for all of you guys!

Bee_26

Quote from: "disneyanniebelle"i really wanted to go on the 16th but i can't make it that day so im going to have to go on the 17th! im worried that i will stand less of a chance as they would have seen everyone already on the monday! my fingers are crossed for all of you guys!

I am sure you will stand just a good of a chance :) there might even be less people who turn up on the second day!! Good luck to you too! Hopefully we will all be in Paris soon!!! :) x

Chrisf101

Just thought I'd post on here, I'm going to the audition in London tomorrow. Good luck everybody and see you there!

Bee_26

Quote from: "Chrisf101"Just thought I'd post on here, I'm going to the audition in London tomorrow. Good luck everybody and see you there!

Good luck! :) see you there!!

disneyanniebelle

good luck today!

Chrisf101

Didn't get it :/
Got through the animation round but got let off at the dancing round. In fairness I was terrible at the dancing but feel a little hard done by seeing as they insist that it doesn't matter if you're not a great dance as you can still do meet and greet characters. Oh well!

disneyanniebelle

Aww don't worry! There is always next time! I'm auditioning tomorrow and getting really nervous about the dance round! I'm not a dancer but I don't have two left feet either! How many people do you reckon were there today?

Chrisf101

Yeah, always next time! :)
I wouldn't be too nervous, I'm an absolute hopeless dancer.
There were A LOT of people there. Probably around 300-400. From the looks of it they seemed to be looking for mostly face characters and tall people, as pretty much all the guys (including me) seemed to get through. I'd probably have got it if I hadn't fluffed the dancing up! haha.

Good luck!!

ssaamm

Anyone auditioning on Thursday in Leeds? I am :) Starting to get excited/nervous for it :)

disneyanniebelle

Quote from: "Chrisf101"Yeah, always next time! :)
I wouldn't be too nervous, I'm an absolute hopeless dancer.
There were A LOT of people there. Probably around 300-400. From the looks of it they seemed to be looking for mostly face characters and tall people, as pretty much all the guys (including me) seemed to get through. I'd probably have got it if I hadn't fluffed the dancing up! haha.

Good luck!!

haha okay then! was the routine quite simple? hope its to good music! oh gosh that is a lot! well atleast you'll be better prepared for next time! how many people got through in the end? :) Thank you!

Bee_26

Hey! I auditioned today and didn't get through either! I went out after animation which was unfortunate as I am a dancer but got told that I was too short for what they were looking for right now! Good luck tomorrow!! Just be yourself and it involves so much luck on the day with what characters they are looking for etc! But I am sure you will do really well! X

disneyanniebelle

Quote from: "Bee_26"Hey! I auditioned today and didn't get through either! I went out after animation which was unfortunate as I am a dancer but got told that I was too short for what they were looking for right now! Good luck tomorrow!! Just be yourself and it involves so much luck on the day with what characters they are looking for etc! But I am sure you will do really well! X

sorry to hear that you didnt get through! oh gosh i am about 5'6 so hopefully they will still be looking for taller people tomorrow! i should have come today! i am getting so worried now! thank you! x

Bee_26

That was the height they were looking for today so you sound like you will be absolutely fine :) I am about 5'1 so not that tall aha! I really wish you all the luck tomorrow! Try not to worry too much, its a really relaxed atmosphere in the room! All the casting people are really friendly!! X

Chrisf101

Quote from: "disneyanniebelle"was the routine quite simple?

Technically, yes. But it was paced so fast it was VERY hard to keep up with (well, for me anyway).

Quote from: "Bee_26"Hey! I auditioned today and didn't get through either! I went out after animation which was unfortunate as I am a dancer but got told that I was too short for what they were looking for right now! Good luck tomorrow!! Just be yourself and it involves so much luck on the day with what characters they are looking for etc! But I am sure you will do really well! X

That's a shame you didn't get through either! When did they tell you that you were too short? I'd have loved to have found out exactly why I didn't get through. I'm more bummed by the fact that they were quite obviously looking for people in my height and yet I still didn't get through. At least if they wasn't looking for my height I'd be happy in the knowledge that I didn't get it due to something that can't be helped, my height.

To all of the people auditioning over the next few days: don't be worried! Like Bee_26 says, it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere!