Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyOlivia

Sorry Merida, can't really answer your questions myself (but I love your name !) :)

Just a tip for people that can speak French at a reasonable level - try disneycentralplaza.com.
It's all in French and might seem abit daunting, but I personally found almost all the answers to any questions I had about working for the mouse in France.
Goodluck !

Olivia

byron-james

Is anyone else going to the auditions for Disneyland Tokyo at Pineapple Dance Studios on Friday? Check in is at 9.30 and I think its come & queue.
Disneyland Paris - 1996
Walt Disney World - 1998
Disneyland Paris - 2011
Disneyland Paris - 2012
Disneyland - 2013?

rebecca

hellooo everybody! just thought i'd check in, because i'm shameful and haven't been here for ages. oh noo cendrillon and sinead, that's horrible! you both asked for summer 2012 contracts? definitely harass them until you get one for christmas! hopefully you'll see natalie and i there too! :D off to the casting centre in val d'europe today, to grovel for another contract/cdi/ANYTHING! so don't want to leave!! i hope everyone hears soon, best of luck!

also, hello newbies! x

EllieB85

I'm thinking of going to the Tokyo ones on Friday too - I auditioned back in April for Paris and didn't get through.  I'm going to try again in September, but thought I'd go to the Tokyo one in the meantime and see if I have any luck with that one.  At least it will be another audition/experience under my belt!

Does anyone know how different the Tokyo ones are compared to the Paris one?  I know the one on Friday is for face characters and I've only auditioned for parade/general characters before.  What do you have to do for a Princess audition?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Ellie

byron-james

Woohoo I'm going on friday too.

As for how different the auditions are im not sure, this will be my first one. Check out www.disneyauditions.com and click on 'Audition Experience' near the top, there's some really good info on there and it's put my mind at ease a bit. I think you'll have a head start as you been to one before though :)
Disneyland Paris - 1996
Walt Disney World - 1998
Disneyland Paris - 2011
Disneyland Paris - 2012
Disneyland - 2013?

belledeer

:-"

I never ever break my promise.... EVER!

belledeer

Hey everyone :) I got to this forum by searching around for tips for the charakter/performer/look-a-like audition for the parades. My audition is on the 19th Sep. and I am so excited to experience everything you all were able to see and learn but I am also nervous. ALREADY. I danced for a long time and still have a quite good skill but haven't dance for a long time in a group, you know. I am a bit nervous about the acting thing but also so happy to be able to challange myself.
I had french at school for a few years but literally forgot everything. I am now learning by myself to get back to the basics and hope I will have the opportunity to improve it in Paris.

GOSH I AM EXCITED!!

Also I wanna thank everyone for all the goos tips and the discribtion of your experience and wish everyone good luck for there auditions. Maybe we'll meet at DLRP!

Let me know if you already been to the audition in Paris or if you're going :)

Thanks a lot!

I never ever break my promise.... EVER!

Kiwigirl

Hi Everyone,

First time on here, so exciting im from New Zealand  :D  and am auditioning for Disneyland Paris next year, I've talked to Daniel the casting guy and he said it doesn't matter that i'm not from Europe which made me so happy, I just have to get in as a face character.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for what to put on my CV? It says it should only be a page long, but i'm just stuck on what to write.

This forum is AMAZING !!! Answers so many questions.
Thank you so much

Much happiness
:)

swanilo03

Quote from: "Kiwigirl"Hi Everyone,

First time on here, so exciting im from New Zealand  :D  and am auditioning for Disneyland Paris next year, I've talked to Daniel the casting guy and he said it doesn't matter that i'm not from Europe which made me so happy, I just have to get in as a face character.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for what to put on my CV? It says it should only be a page long, but i'm just stuck on what to write.

This forum is AMAZING !!! Answers so many questions.
Thank you so much

Much happiness
:)

Hi I'm new on here too LAUREN, I have been to many of these auditions and still trying. As for your cv put your personality on there, education like grades and the subjects, any jobs max of 3 or your backgrounds for (example if your a dancer the studios you have been with). When writing about jobs make them short sentences, brief update of what you have done. Dont forget to write about your interests and if you got any references put those down max of two people.  

Any more questions please do ask and wow all the way from new zealand, are you planning to go to london auditions next year?. Hope I have helped.

Happy to help
Lauren
swanilo

Kiwigirl

Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much really helpful.

Yea my best friend lives in London so will go stay with her, other then that, might go to ones in france just depends on dates in stuff. I'm not to bothered where I audition cause I have to travel either way lol. :)

When are you next auditioning?

swanilo03

Hi

I am auditioning on the 25th September less than two weeks away. Am very nervous as I haven't auditioned in 6 months. I made it to the books in whats called a talent pool. 6 months of waiting they didn't find anything that matched my description height, availability etc.

I am looking forward but also nervous. Cant wait to see Daniel again, he makes me laugh and blush, he has gone to  the point where he knows who I am. Blush Blush. I have a slight crush on him only because he is such a nice man and he has the power to give people their dreams.

Lauren
swanilo

Kiwigirl

OMG That is so close!! I hope you get it!!! GOOD LUCK!

Aw Bless.  he seems lovely the couple of times I have emailed him.  hopefully him knowing you will work to your favor :)

Narina

swanilo03

Quote from: "Kiwigirl"OMG That is so close!! I hope you get it!!! GOOD LUCK!

Aw Bless.  he seems lovely the couple of times I have emailed him.  hopefully him knowing you will work to your favor :)

Narina

aww thank you its nice when some one has the faith in you, bless you to. Its nice to have people around like you. Yes after a year and half Daniel knows me and he calls me the familar one. but i love him. :oops:  :P

He saw me fracture my foot in my performance and offered me an ambulance I rejected as I didn't want to cause a scence, he was really upset the thought of how much pain i was in. Lovely man with big cheeky smiles made me feel better. I gave him my teddy bear he said he has kept it on his computer. Its all about personality and determination.

Ps I think you are a really lovely person and thank you for your support it does count and makes a difference. Helps put a smile on my face ready for the big day. I will keep you updated. You can follow me on fb. Multi coloured wings Swanilo.

xxx
swanilo

Nandol100

Hello,
I'm new here and I found this forum when I was looking for DLRP tips on the choreography they do at the audition. I've been to the last one they had here in London but I cant remember the dance steps and since they're the same in every audition, I was wondering if anyone with a knowledge in dance language could help me and give me at least a rough idea of what the dance combo is. I know it's hard to explain by writing it down but I bet with all you creative minds out there, someone can do it!   :b

Many thanks in advance and congrats for the amazing forum!  :)

Fernando
Second star to the right and straight on \'til morning.

Nandol100

Does anyone know the choreography they do at the audition? I've auditioned before but i cant remember and since its always the same same dance combo i was wondering if anyone could describe it.
Thank you !  :D
Second star to the right and straight on \'til morning.