Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laura:)

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"
Quote from: "laura:)"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Hellooooooooooo guys, I'm back from my amazing disney magical adventure, best 3 months ever! :D
I'm sorry I couldn't upload anything, tinternet is not the best thing in Paris..
I'm now waiting for probably (and hopefully) a new contract for helloween/christmas

So If any of you guys have some questions, don't hesitate, just ask! :) X

And also I've met Nathalie from this forum in Paris woohoo, sadly I only met her twice though :(

Hey Tiffany

Glad you enjoyed Disney (I know how you feel) I've worked for Disney twice and waiting for another contract. I hope I get Halloween/Xmas as well :) is it looking good for people to get Xmas contracts soon? ;)

Laura:)

Hey Laura!
Cool that you've worked for Disney before, did you worked for the summer also or Halloween/Xmas last time? How tall are you? :)
Lots of contracts are ending this month (yey us!!) and the new contracts will be probably available middle/end of October or the beginning of november. Sadly, there is not anything  available yet, so fingers crossed for next month!!

Hey,

I've worked the last two Xmas seasons so I guess I'm hoping to get a third one :) I'm 154/155cm. Both times I've found out in October so I'm staying hopeful but it's so hard waiting!

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "laura:)"Hey,

I've worked the last two Xmas seasons so I guess I'm hoping to get a third one :) I'm 154/155cm. Both times I've found out in October so I'm staying hopeful but it's so hard waiting!

Ohyess that would be great! Would be nice if we get both a contract hahaha, I can't wait either wahhhhhhhhhh!  [-o<
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Ohyess that would be great! Would be nice if we get both a contract hahaha, I can't wait either wahhhhhhhhhh!  [-o<

Yes, would be nice if we both got contracts again :) I'm character only as well so I hope that doesn't mess up my chances :/

What height are you? And are you a 175 or 220?

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Ohyess that would be great! Would be nice if we get both a contract hahaha, I can't wait either wahhhhhhhhhh!  [-o<

Yes, would be nice if we both got contracts again :) I'm character only as well so I hope that doesn't mess up my chances :/

No that doesn't mess up your chances at all!
I'm 1.58/1.59m (well 1.60m in disney height ha) and 175 aswell, also waiting for 220, but no place available..
but still like to be a 175 though, lots of fun! :)
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

No that doesn't mess up your chances at all!
I'm 1.58/1.59m (well 1.60m in disney height ha) and 175 aswell, also waiting for 220, but no place available..
but still like to be a 175 though, lots of fun! :)

Yeah I love being a 175 but would love a chance on the parades :) Are they not doing 220 auditions each month now?
First year at Disney I was 154 and last year I was 155cm!

swanilo03

Quote from: "swanilo03"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Hellooooooooooo guys, I'm back from my amazing disney magical adventure, best 3 months ever! :D
I'm sorry I couldn't upload anything, internet is not the best thing in Paris..
I'm now waiting for probably (and hopefully) a new contract for helloween/christmas

So If any of you guys have some questions, don't hesitate, just ask! :) X

And also I've met Nathalie from this forum in Paris woohoo, sadly I only met her twice though :(

hi its swanilo my posts are flying every where, i was in a position where i was on the books for the 6 months and didn't get a phone call, so now i have to re audition. when you are on the books what happens if you get a call. like can you choose your contract i would like to work more than a year. Most people I have spoken to on this forum say that when the contract ends they have to re audition and wait a year for another call, all of it seems like hassle.

How do they notify you when you are told you are working, have never reached that far but just so i know what to expect if it were to happen again.

Many thanks
Swanilo
xxx

Hi Swanilo, nice to meet you :)
I did my audition in april and they called me 2 months after!
My contract was from June till september and it depends how long they need you or something. Because there came so many people to Paris and it was summer ofcourse, lots of people had contracts from June/July till september! If you have mickey/minnie height (pretty populair ofcourse) or approved to be a face character (+ one of the popular onces), you'll get a 6 months contract first. Since I already worked there before, I'm now in the talent pool again for 1/2 years and if you didn't get a call after, you need to audition again (it works the same with the audition one except for a long term).

How do they notify you when you are told you are working? Do you mean in what kind of way they tell you when and where you are working? To be honest, I don't understand your question completely, but still: when you get there, they will tell you everything what you need to know the first couple days, don't worry too much! :)

its just that i have been auditioning for a year and a half and this march was the first time I made it to the waiting list. Unfortunately my time is now up and have to re audition which is next week, so nervous but I'll be fine. What I would like to know is like once you have been on the books does the audition get any easier when you go back to do it again.
In answer to  my question i mean once your on the books do they ring you to say when can you start work. Any interviews. Where do you have interviews. Just would like to understand what happens on the waiting list if and when they say they need you, what exactly happens at that stage.

I am hoping that next week i will be able to go back on the books. Good luck to you and Laura hope you both receive another contract.

swanilo
xxx
swanilo

felicityjade

Hey :)!
firstly i would like to say thank you because ive been reading on this forum for months so thanks for all the info and advice everyone gives its fab!
Im hoping to audition and get through next year when i finish university, but i was wondering would people recommend auditioning around easter or waiting until summer, because if i were to get through to the talent pool (im on my knees praying :) the i would want to still go to my graduation in july, just wondered thoughts anyone has?

Also i just wondered what happens in the auditions after the first stage, because my sister went to audition but got knocked out in the first round so were not sure of what happens next?

Also any advice to get through that first round would be appreciated ?
Thank you! fliss xxx

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "laura:)"Yeah I love being a 175 but would love a chance on the parades :) Are they not doing 220 auditions each month now?

Yes they do and I did it twice, but I've heard that at this moment they don't need people from my height :(

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "swanilo03"its just that i have been auditioning for a year and a half and this march was the first time I made it to the waiting list. Unfortunately my time is now up and have to re audition which is next week, so nervous but I'll be fine. What I would like to know is like once you have been on the books does the audition get any easier when you go back to do it again.
In answer to  my question i mean once your on the books do they ring you to say when can you start work. Any interviews. Where do you have interviews. Just would like to understand what happens on the waiting list if and when they say they need you, what exactly happens at that stage.

I am hoping that next week i will be able to go back on the books. Good luck to you and Laura hope you both receive another contract.

swanilo
xxx

Thank you so much, hopefully!! fingers crossed everytime hahaha!

I actually don't think the audition gets easier at all because they're looking every time for different people / height, I don't know your height? Anyway, when they call you (it depends on your availability), they say that there is a contract for you with your start and end date and if you like it, you get a email with information about your contract and information about all the stuff there. If you agree with everything, then you get more information etc.

Quote from: "laura:)"Yeah I love being a 175 but would love a chance on the parades :) Are they not doing 220 auditions each month now?

Yes they do and I did it twice, but I've heard that at this moment they don't need people from my height :(

Ah right. If I get another contract this year hopefully I can do the 220 auditions :)

swanilo03

Quote from: "felicityjade"Hey :)!
firstly i would like to say thank you because ive been reading on this forum for months so thanks for all the info and advice everyone gives its fab!
Im hoping to audition and get through next year when i finish university, but i was wondering would people recommend auditioning around easter or waiting until summer, because if i were to get through to the talent pool (im on my knees praying :) the i would want to still go to my graduation in july, just wondered thoughts anyone has?

Also i just wondered what happens in the auditions after the first stage, because my sister went to audition but got knocked out in the first round so were not sure of what happens next?

Also any advice to get through that first round would be appreciated ?
Thank you! fliss xxx

Hi felicily,

I would recommend summer then you dont miss out on your graduation. Its quite hard to tell because if you were to audition at easter there is a chance you may be on the books fingers crossed. If you did get through at eater you still would have to wait the 6 months and on the form you state what dates you would be appropiate to you.

In the second round you have to do a dance but if your like me and dont know how to dance dont worry, Disney looks for people who can have great personality somebody that can have a laugh and not take things to seriously.

As for the first round its not about how good or bad you did, its mainly about what disney needs like do they need people that are 5ft.1, are they looking for somebody with immediate start date, there are many reasons. Best advise go to all of the auditions because you never know they might need some one of your description. I have been auditioning a year and half so I now know the process. Also in the first round give big open movements and show lots of energy.

If you like to know more you are more than welcome to talk to me on fb, (Multi coloured winged Swanilo)

All the best
Swanilo
xxx
swanilo

Thaliel

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I just got an email invitation to a job interview for DLP!
It#s gonna take place in Berlin on the 30th of October, already got myself a hotel room and looked up how to get to the Centre Francais
Now I just need to refresh my Fremch
<-Plz click

Kiwigirl

Quote from: "Thaliel"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I just got an email invitation to a job interview for DLP!
It#s gonna take place in Berlin on the 30th of October, already got myself a hotel room and looked up how to get to the Centre Francais
Now I just need to refresh my Fremch

Congratulations!!!! Hope it goes amazing for you!  :D

WendyDarling

Does anybody know when the Halloween contracts are out? And do people who've never been hired before get contracts for Halloween as it's such a short space of time, or is it just former cast members that get contracts, because they wouldn't need training?

Xenia

Quote from: "WendyDarling"Does anybody know when the Halloween contracts are out? And do people who've never been hired before get contracts for Halloween as it's such a short space of time, or is it just former cast members that get contracts, because they wouldn't need training?
I know that they start around 27 of Oct and the Christmas contracts start at 22 of Dec! Both are for 2 weeks only! I would suggest you to send them a mail and tell them that you are interested in working!