Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantastique

Quote from: "MJS"(Now just to make sure that I don't blow my chances by making a simple mistake...) These are local, french times, right? (I'm from Estonia...we have a time difference in 1 hour!)
Now that you mention it, I'd say they are indeed French times. Thanks for pointing that out, didn't even think of it myself.  :thumbs:

DisneyOlivia

Congratulations everyone ! I'm sure you'll all do fine on the phone :)
Just make sure you know how to say things like speak more slowly and could you repeat that ! Haha I'm sure they'll be abit lenient anyway as over the phone is always harder than in person.

RachaelStockdale

Hey everyone,
First time posting on a forum so here's hoping I'm doing it properly!

I auditioned in Ireland back around May and put all my hopes and dreams into getting a contract for the summer. Unfortunately I never got one and decided I couldn't depend on waiting to see if I would get one for winter so I went ahead and accepted a job teaching English in Spain.

I forgot about Disney and just told myself it wasn't meant to be until the other day I received a contract for Halloween, what a surprise! I knew I was still in the talent pool but I'd given up any hope of being chosen. And now I can't accept a position because I have a full time teaching job and they don't have Halloween holidays in Spain!! It's such a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I guess for anyone who was hoping to receive a contract for Halloween but didn't, don't lose hope, because there are people like me who have been offered a place but cannot accept and that could free up a space for you!

I just hope they ask me again at Christmas or the following time for taking on new people.  I can't let go of that dream!!

pollypocket

Good luck to everyone (myself included  8) ) ringing tomorrow for the Christmas contracts  :D

laura:)

Quote from: "RachaelStockdale"Hey everyone,
First time posting on a forum so here's hoping I'm doing it properly!

I auditioned in Ireland back around May and put all my hopes and dreams into getting a contract for the summer. Unfortunately I never got one and decided I couldn't depend on waiting to see if I would get one for winter so I went ahead and accepted a job teaching English in Spain.

I forgot about Disney and just told myself it wasn't meant to be until the other day I received a contract for Halloween, what a surprise! I knew I was still in the talent pool but I'd given up any hope of being chosen. And now I can't accept a position because I have a full time teaching job and they don't have Halloween holidays in Spain!! It's such a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I guess for anyone who was hoping to receive a contract for Halloween but didn't, don't lose hope, because there are people like me who have been offered a place but cannot accept and that could free up a space for you!

I just hope they ask me again at Christmas or the following time for taking on new people.  I can't let go of that dream!!

Hey Rachael,

Welcome to the forum! How long was the contract for? And are you character and parade or character only and what height are you?

Laura:)

RachaelStockdale

Thanks Laura, no I just auditioned for the services part and said that I would do any job they would give me! I did originally think about doing characters etc but I don't think I have enough experience so I thought I'd have a better shot at a service job. The contract they offered me was a ticketing job for just over 2 weeks. Sorry if I was confusing about the position! (I'm not sure if I've put this in the right place to reply to you whoops!)

laura:)

Ah right I thought it was for character work because you said 'auditioned' Sorry about that. Shame you couldn't take the contract but they'll be plenty of other opportunities to take :)

WendyDarling

The people with Christmas contracts, do you want to make a group on Facebook, so we can all get to know eachother before we go?? Just an idea :)  Message me if you like :)

MJS

Quote from: "WendyDarling"The people with Christmas contracts, do you want to make a group on Facebook, so we can all get to know eachother before we go?? Just an idea :)  Message me if you like :)

Hey Wendy!
I think we need to get through the phone call part first and then think about your wonderful suggestion. Good luck to you and everyone else tomorrow :)!

genybean

Hey

pollypocket

anyone gt through?

jack_1992

Haven't tried calling yet, calling before 12 though hopefully.

Are the lines busy or anything? Only reason I ask is I have to call from a mobile and it gonna be one expensive call as it is let alone waiting!!

WendyDarling

The lines are EXTREMELY busy. I was on the phone for 50 minutes just waiting!! I kept hanging up and trying again which is even more expensive than staying on the phone for 50 minutes straight. Bonne chance :) x

LydiaSophia

i finally got through but my signal is rally bad so she couldn't hear me and hung up! good luck everyoneee!

jack_1992

Oh busy then, maybe I should leave til the 2nd time slot then? I'm just worried I won't get through and don't want to leave it too late!!

WendyDarling - Have you got your position then?! What did they ask n the phone?