Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cendrillon

I'm here! Literally straight back from the interview and right on here to share all the details! I'll send you a more detailed PM, but in short, the presentation was very much what I expected but the interview took me by surprise... there was nowhere near as much French as I was expecting!

irisheyes73

Hi Nickyd, did you hear anything back from them regarding a job offer. i'm in the same boat and I've heard nothing other than I've got an employment offer but no job.......

Ashe

Quote from: "irisheyes73"Hi everyone,

I'm new on here and I am interested in this forum in particular because I recently attended an Interview with Disneyland Paris in London, had a great Interview and recieved an automated message to say that I had been successful and they now were searching for a suitable position for me. As soon as one was identifed I would recieve an email offer and I had 48hrs to accept or reject the offer. Incidentally the type of work that I do is in Marketing, Business analysis, events, propositions and strategy, etc. So I guess its the 'Business Solutions/Support areas of the business?

Anyway, since then its been about a month or so and so far I've heard nothing back at all. I've been looking constantly myself on the direct website, other job websites but I can't identify anything suitable.  So my concern is basically what is this process? how long do I wait?  Will someone contact me? How can I really establish whether there are any opportunities for me when I cant see any internal vacancies.  All I've been told is that I must wait..........

So its a difficult situation now.  Can anyone offer advice, or explain this process better or tell me how can suitable posts be identified for me or how can I identify them and also why are Disney recruitment personnel not making any contact with me?

many thanks
c

Email them! Just a simple "could you give me an idea of when you'll find out" type of email. I got that email before summer, didn't hear anything so emailed them a month before my start date only to be offered a position if I could find my own accommodation cause they'd run out. When I said I couldn't do that they said they'd contact me about other positions over Halloween and Christmas and they didn't send anything else until I send them another email in August asking for a follow up.

They are very disorganised and it seems rude but as soon as you send Noellie an email she'll try and help you find a place. They seem to have a habit of forgetting people.

_Natalie_x

Just careful guys because Noellie said at the interview that after they tell people yes, she's been getting lots of emails from people asking when they can get a contract and she begged us not to do that, she said that it's not even her department after that, it's goes to human resources to find contracts for evryone :) just don't want u spoiling chances if she's annoyed with emails and think of how much work she's got to do anyway!! :) xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Rissa

But I think Ashe is right ...
They really take a long time to answere.
Because of that I thought about to call or write them...
Does anyone have a number or an E-mail adress where I can contact anyone?
[size=150]You have to dig a little deeper[/size]

Ashe

Quote from: "Rissa"But I think Ashe is right ...
They really take a long time to answere.
Because of that I thought about to call or write them...
Does anyone have a number or an E-mail adress where I can contact anyone?

Exactly, they don't really have a right to ask us not to email or call when they're the ones leaving us hanging for so long, usually well past the two months. I wouldn't HAVE a contract if I hadn't emailed them asking what was happening.

I understand they don't want a million "when's my contract?" emails but if you're supposed to get one at christmas they should contact you in the next 2 weeks since it starts on the 17th and if not then is the time to email.

Rissa, Noellie's email is mailto:NOELLIE.BODEN@disney.com">NOELLIE.BODEN@disney.com

_Natalie_x

Sorry chick I wernt gettin at anyone for emailing of course not! Just because of what Noellie had told us earlier that day I thought it might be important to know. :) of course you should email of you think they have forgot you or to speed the process on :) I'm sure I'd be itching to know what was happening if I was due a contract! Sorry if I came across badly before, I un-intended! Hope everyones had a lovely day. :) xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Ashe

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Sorry chick I wernt gettin at anyone for emailing of course not! Just because of what Noellie had told us earlier that day I thought it might be important to know. :) of course you should email of you think they have forgot you or to speed the process on :) I'm sure I'd be itching to know what was happening if I was due a contract! Sorry if I came across badly before, I un-intended! Hope everyones had a lovely day. :) xx

Oh no no! I wasn't getting on at you, m'dear!!! Sorry, didn't mean to come across that way D:
I was just saying it wasn't fair of them to make that comment! Not you saying it :) x

_Natalie_x

Oh ok -_- as long as we're all on good terms :p hopefully future colleagues ;) hahahahaha! Disney store was rammed today! I couldn't even walk around :( when do you start in Paris then Ashe? X
Here we are... <3[/b]

Ashe

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Oh ok -_- as long as we're all on good terms :p hopefully future colleagues ;) hahahahaha! Disney store was rammed today! I couldn't even walk around :( when do you start in Paris then Ashe? X

Of course we are! :D I have my fingers crossed for future colleagues ;D I fly over on the 16th of December and start the next day! Bloomin' scary!! I'm not sure my french is up to it! haha. xx

Rissa

@Ashe
Thank you so much! ^^ I will write her and hope that she will answer!! :D
I wish you good luck for the work at DLP ;)
[size=150]You have to dig a little deeper[/size]

_Natalie_x

Of course it is!!!!! You got through right :D are you just doing over Christmas? And my that's so soon!!! Scary but so exciting :D xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

rebecca

Ashe, when did you get the email about your contract? You must be so excited!

sineadlemonade

after reading these posts, i've decided to wait a month or so before emailing Noellie, just to be on the safe side :thumbs: haha

dlrpmad

Hey guys, I applied for a Sales representative job last night but i got an email this morning saying  that my application "despite its interest, does not correspond to an ongoing research and we regret not being able to respond favorably." Is there anything i can do, as I REALLY want to work for DLRP next year.

Sean
101% Stitch LOVING!!