1/2 board - plus or premium

Started by sarahmumof4, February 20, 2015, 11:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahmumof4

Could somebody help me out with a query please ?

Going in Dec and presently we are deciding if we should do 1/2 board or not .

If we do 1/2 board plus can we use the vouchers for the Wild West show and pay the difference or will they just be used at face value ?

If we do 1/2 board premium then the wild west show is covered isn't it ?

What are good restaurants to eat at if we do 1/2 board premium ?
I noticed that cafe Remy is included but the meal there is only 39.99€ compared to the 58€ we would be paying out .

I can see inventions is 64€ and Auberge is 65.99€ so they would be worth visiting .
Thank you
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Queen Elsa

We are going in December too and have booked Full Board Plus. I did consider going premium but after doing a bit of research decided plus was a better option for us and then just paying the extra in Buffalo Bills and the Auberge if we decided to go there. It still worked out fractionally cheaper to go plus and pay the difference to upgrade the meal if you know what I mean? X

pfspock

I would recommend Half Board Premium only if you plan to eat exclusively at the premium restaurants (Auberge, California Grill, Inventions). Yes the Wild West Show is included, California Grill offers a special menu for the Half Board customers. But if you even consider eating at one other restaurant (even the more expensive ones like Walt's, Café Mickey or Blue Lagoon) you will lose money. Using the Plus option would suit you better IMO.

sarahmumof4

Thanks for the replies .

We are thinking of eating at auberge and inventions as its the last time my parents will come to Disney ( they hate it and only come to watch my younger kids whilst I take the older ones on rides ).

Will see nearer the time what we think we will do . My parents are horrified at the cost of the 1/2 board let alone the premium . They've been with us two times now . Two years ago we stayed at the adagio and they went back every lunchtime to cook a meal !

I guess it will all depend on how much money I can save up lol x

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Sulley15

I came back we were full board standard.. You can use the voucher up to the face value kids was 11.50€ and adults were 23.50€. We ended up paying the difference but the lady messed up and got a free ticket  ;D..

Did the same in Annettes diner, food good but the service was horrible. It was 113.89 we ended up paying the difference.

I think getting the lesser one and save the money gives you better choice in my opinion. Other wise you are pressured into spending the full value of voucher. Also I felt that when we used the vouchers we were treated differently to people paying with cash..
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

sarahmumof4

Ah right ,
On another post somebody said the face value is 33€

I think we will get the 1/2 board plus , but isnt the idea of the voucher to spend the full amount ? X 

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

murphyslaw

The value of an adult half board plus is €33, half board standard is €26. The idea is you can eat (mostly from a set menu) at a number of buffet or table service restaurants and not have to pay anything more. Inventions, Cali grill, BBWWS and auberge de cendrillon are not covered by plus vouchers (they are premium voucher options) so to eat there you just give them your voucher and pay any extra in cash.  Standard vouchers are for use in the counter service restaurants, so the same applies that if you eat in a restaurant from the 'plus table' so to speak you would use your voucher and pay the difference. So you just need to decide which places you are more likely to eat in so you don't waste higher value vouchers on lesser value meals :-)

Sulley15

Yes but if you go to like say the plaza gardens you will loose money... We found this out when we stayed in 2013.
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

murphyslaw

So I guess that means the buffets now fall into the standard price band, a bit confusing to say the least. Part of the reasoning ( and indeed advertising) is that by buying the meal plan vouchers in advance you save money ( up to 10% I think I read) on the meal price !!!! Guess when I go I'll have to remember to use table service only to get my moneys worth.  :-\

Queen Elsa

We ate at Plaza Gardens, I wasn't that impressed as I'm not really in to buffet restaraunts. Because of the lower value they just gave us unlimited drinks. My favourite restaraunts on plus vouchers were Cafe Mickey, Annette's Diner and Bistrot Chet Remy 😊 xx

stifle

Bistro Chez Rémy has a premium menu at €59.99 as well as the Plus €39.99 option (and both of the above have cheaper options with two courses rather than three and no drink).

buzzkaye

came back on saturday after 5nights/6days . we decided to go with the plus vouchers ,we did the princess and inventions lunch/dinner ,we got the bbwws tickets from ticket master 42 euros each. the auberge de cendrillon offered to take 2 of our plus vouchers so we didnt  have to pay any extra, . we are going back in dec ,was going to have premium .but am going to change to plus ,as it really is enough to have a nice meal ,rest with the stars .told us we are going to lose 5 euros each by going in there, plaza gardens gave us unlimited drinks.

stifle

Quote from: pfspock on February 20, 2015, 11:33:07 AM
I would recommend Half Board Premium only if you plan to eat exclusively at the premium restaurants (Auberge, California Grill, Inventions). Yes the Wild West Show is included, California Grill offers a special menu for the Half Board customers. But if you even consider eating at one other restaurant (even the more expensive ones like Walt's, Café Mickey or Blue Lagoon) you will lose money. Using the Plus option would suit you better IMO.

This sunmarizes the collective wisdom of the forum quite succinctly.

~sarahjayne~

I would go for plus Sarah.
Purely because we had premium vouchers we ate in Auberge, inventions twice but lost money eating at cafe Mickey and Annette's.
As lovely as it was to have premium I was conscious we were wasting money. Xx

sarahmumof4

Fancy seeing you on here Sarah lol

If we did premium we would do the Wild West show , inventions and then either auberge or Chez Remy

Thank you all for the advice .x

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014