Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLRP Roundup!

http://www.halifax.co.uk/sharedealing/o ... g-account/ this one will be the simplest if your not too bothered in shares other than your DLP set.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

glenn

Does anyone buy the shares as an investment or is it just for the discounts.The reason i ask is i,m going in october for a few days and then 10 of us are going for 5 nights in november,so i thought if we brought 20 shares each thats 4 adults would that save much over the 6 days,or is it better to buy the 80 shares as an investment.

ed-uk

I wouldn't buy the shares as an investment  you could lose your money, I did many years ago and lost money on them. I was determined to hang on to them no matter what. These days most people buy shares to join the shareholders club. I'm sure another member of the forum can give you more advice on that. Obviously it's up to you how you invest your money.
Ed & David

captain rocket

Each member can take four relatives or three friends into Salon Mickey, so you won't all have to buy shares. If you have never been into Salon Mickey, you might find it difficult for all 10 of you to get in at once! I think there is seated accomodation for about 14 and there will probably be other members in at the same time as you!

glorfindel

Eurodisney SCA has quite terrible balance. It has more than 1,8 billion of euros of debt and in general lose money every year due to the amount of the debt. For this reason don't consider the share as an investment because probably you will lose a lot of money. So i suggest you to buy it for the discount and for the card that is quite beautiful. Maybe in the future (i fear a far far future) disneyland paris start to make money and you could earn some money. But for the next year i don't see any possibility of making money with this share.

britincgn

What they really need are cheap Hotel offers at all times for shareholders etc .
Like the 75€ offer .
I usually stay off property nowadays

byron-james

Has anyone got through on this number? 00 800 64 74 56 30

I keep getting through to the spoken options which are all in french and option 1 leads the lady to say "Au Revoir" and then hang up and option 2 leads to more french options but with no recognizable french numbers. Whatever I press it eventually leads to her hanging up on me.
Disneyland Paris - 1996
Walt Disney World - 1998
Disneyland Paris - 2011
Disneyland Paris - 2012
Disneyland - 2013?

amanda08

Hi. I have been reading on another forum that you must now hold 100 shares to either become a new shareholder - with benefits or to renew existing membership. Can anyone confirm this? I have jst opened a share trading account for the purpose of buying Disney shares for the persks once our AP runs out :(

amanda

ed-uk

Yes, you need a hundred shares to join the shareholders club now. And that also applies to members who joined the shareholders club after 2000 and want to renew their membership.
Ed & David

norhel

Quote from: "amanda08"Hi. I have been reading on another forum that you must now hold 100 shares to either become a new shareholder - with benefits or to renew existing membership. Can anyone confirm this? I have jst opened a share trading account for the purpose of buying Disney shares for the persks once our AP runs out :(

amanda

Howdy

I got a email from the shareholder club today confirming that you have to have 100 shares to join the club, starting from October 1., 2012.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

captain rocket

I think this may need to be shown under another posting to bring this news to everyones attention.

ICHAPMAN

Blimey.   Guess I won't be renewing my membership for a while then.

Just realise my membership had expired - was going to call the Halifax tomorrow afternoon to get them to send over a letter stating that I do own my 22 shares, so that I could do the renewal.  

Guess this will hit a lot of us, but I can understand why this has occurred.

Rats....

Iain

disney-dan

I only recently became a shareholders club member, does anyone know how long the card is valid for??
Have a Magical day!!

DD

ed-uk

Quote from: "disney-dan"I only recently became a shareholders club member, does anyone know how long the card is valid for??

Membership lasts for two years.
Ed & David

Savorn

Quote from: "ed-uk"Yes, you need a hundred shares to join the shareholders club now. And that also applies to members who joined the shareholders club after 2000 and want to renew their membership.

That's new to me. I received a letter from the Club stating that current members who want to renew their membership do not have to meet the current requirement of 100 shares.

If you let your membership expire, then you will need to meet the new requirement to become eligible for membership.

So for current members who do not own 100 shares but want to remain a member it is very important to renew their membership in time (at least 2 months before expiring).
1993 - Sequoia Lodge • 2011 - Sequoia Lodge Summer Holiday & Christmas Season in Santa Fe • 2012 - Halloween Season in Sequoia Lodge • 2013 - Sequoia Lodge Summer Holiday & Christmas Season in Sequoia Lodge • 2014 - HiPark Serris • 2015 - HiPark Serris • 2016 Vienna Dream Castle & Davy Crocket Ranch & Hotel New York & B&B Hotel • 12-04-2017 25th Anniversary • 2017 Newport Bay Club for RunDisney (5 and 10K) & Cheyenne