With less than 4 weeks to go ...

Started by tubbsy, July 07, 2013, 09:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

I am getting unbearably excited!
We have decided (even thought its a month to the kids birthdays) to have a cake as a surprise.
So do we have it at Inventions or Cafe Mickey?
What are your personal experiences?

We also decided to go to Legoland on one of the hottest days of the year. I looked at it as a dry run for Rob (10 year old aspie) to let him have a taster as to how the crowds will be in DLP in August. ( We have done DLP twice in August before but he doesnt remember)
Yes, it was heaving, yes queues were long (75 mins for Dragon coaster) but we managed fine. The only hiccup was the 45 minute wait to refill our drinks bottles!

So YAY! Let the countdown continue!
Oh and the planning!

.... Where to have that cake? ;)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

amanda08

Exciting! I think it depends on your taste in food. Inventions is much more luxurious in terms of surroundings  and the food is of a great quality. The probem for us is that it has a very heavy seafood and fish bias - which none of us like  - so there is no way we get anywhere near our moneys worth. We did the birthday cake in May for our Ds (also a month early) in Cafe Mickey and had a brilliant time -at about a quarter of the cost of Inventions. but again, it depends on your taste in food. We have had great meals in both, but definalty felt we had not had value for money in Inventions

have a fab time!

never2old

Maybe we were just lucky, but when we were in Inventions last there was only 1 birthday. Every time we go to Cafe Mickey it feels there's hundreds of them...

We love the buffet in Inventions, so personally I would always choose Inventions over Cafe Mickey. Also because there didn't feel there were so many birthdays (or maybe because of the layout of the restaurant, you don't see everything that's going on everywhere else), it did feel more special...

tubbsy

Robs asked to go to Cafe Mickey, so we are doing that the first night and I know what you mean never2old, there were quite a few birthday celebrations.
And we are eating at Inventions too. We all love it there.
I think myabe because Inventions has separate rooms, it must feel like there arent so many cakes arriving at tables?
Oh I dont know! How bad am I?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

never2old

You're not bad, you're just like all of us!! :D