Nicolai's summer of Love, Paris and Disney (Planning)

Started by DLP-Photos.com, July 03, 2013, 07:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Hi all

I'm back after a year in which I unfortunately haven't been as active as I've wanted. But it is for good reasons :-)

Back in November I got a girlfriend and now 8 months later we are still together and now ready to leave for our first time together in Disney on next wednesday.

We will travel to Paris at first and stay there from the 10th to 13th of July, then we will stay in Hotel Santa Fe from the 13th to the 15th where we will join her fathers family at Davy Crockett until the 18th of July before finally returning to Paris to stay with some family for a couple of days!

So we will have 5-6 days in Disney and it will be my girlfriends first visit ever. Now, I have been there 14 times before so of course I know a lot of things we need to do there. But I have never been with a girlfriend before (she's my first :lol:) so does any of you have special recommendations of things you just have to do in Disney with your loved one? I would love to hear it :-)

Also, as I have been away from here for quite some time, I am not as updated as I use to be regarding the parks. Are there any big(ger) changes I should be aware of?

Otherwise I can say that the video from my trips last summer should be ready before I leave and I will drop in a couple of times as well before we leave :-)

Once again I will be live tweeting from https://twitter.com/nclka_dlp and I will of course make a full trip report once we are back home again :-)

I LOVE to be back here and the Disney feeling which is once again hitting me! I just hope with all my heart that my girlfriend will see, find and love the Disneyland I know and love.

Adventure Isle by NKA-Photo, on Flickr
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

ed-uk

Welcome back Forza united, we've missed your posts and pictures. Congratulations on finding your first girlfriend, I hope she becomes as big a Disneyland Paris fan as you, and that you make it to 9 months together. If not ditch her. :D/
Ed & David

never2old

I already can't wait for your trip report!!

DLP (and Paris too, of course) is a great place to go as a couple - we have even celebrated two wedding anniversaries there!

Everything is better when you're sharing it with someone special, of course, and I'm sure simply being in a place you love and know so well with your girlfriend will be a great experience.

As for special treats, one of my favourites is having a candlelight meal in the Blue Lagoon (or if the budget allows it, go for the California Grill!). We also like going for a drink in the Manhattan bar in the Hotel New York, it always feels very relaxed...

It's also really nice just to find a bench, and sit down for a bit next to each other, and soak in the great atmosphere...

I hope your girlfriends falls in love with DLP so that you can enjoy it together many times in the future!!

gemma2806

I agree with never2old, a meal at the Blue Lagoon as a couple is amazing and if you can get a waterside table then even better. I'm still convinced to this day that the meal I shared with my partner at the Blue Lagoon was one of the main reasons he fell in love with DLP, well that and the Studios park. My other half really enjoyed the Studios having never been to any Disney park before and he still says he loves the Studios the best.

Good luck with your wonderful trip but take it from me, if you're a girl you are always going to love Disney and finding a guy who loves Disney is one of the best things you can get in a boyfriend! Hope you both have an amazing time.

tubbsy

OOH! How wonderful!
Definately the candlight meal.
Just wandering around, hand in hand and viewing the park in the dark with all the lights.... Beautiful! *SIGH*

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks all for the great replies :-) I have been thinking about a better dinner than just the regular fast food. I thought about the Hotel Disneyland or Walts. Blue Lagoon definetely looks romantic, but neither of us are that much into fish :/ Is there anything else you can get there?

When it comes to food my girlfriend is also dieting (or at least on a healthy food diet) and I have prepared her that it might be hard to keep while in Disney. Has anyone on here been dieting while in Disney? What restaurants did you prefer - what food did you get?

Also - as this is the first time staying in Davy Crockett. What breakfast do you get there (if you buy it)?
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

never2old

There are a few meat dishes in the Blue Lagoon, you can have a look at the menu in DLRP Magic. Last time we were there we went for the Surf 'n' Turf (do you count seafood as fish?) and it was delicious. We've also tried the chicken colombo in the past and it was really tasty! For dessert try to go for the creme brulée, they will light it in front of you!!

I've found that the healthy food options have seriously improved in the last few years. You'll find a great selection of salads in all the buffets, and you should also find some more simple dishes with meat without much sauce. And plenty of fruit for dessert. In all the table service restaurants you can get some healthier food, like meat with vegetables (if it comes with fries, you can change them for veggies or salad). And I read somewhere that you could also change the fries in the fast food menus for salad (I havent tried that for myself though). Finding healthy options is easy - personally I find that resisting all the un-healthy ones (particularly the amazing cakes and desserts) it's the hard bit!!

Oh, another thing I thought was really nice to do as a couple was going up in Panoramagique! We did it in the daytime and the views were brilliant. Next time I would love to try it at night... It must be really romantic!!

jeakat24

Welcome back- I remember you from when I first started using the forum a few years ago before taking a break myself (couldn't afford to go to Disney and didn't want to torture myself!)

It sounds like you've got a great trip planned.  :D This year we're taking someone whose never been before (my mum) and I keep having to remind myself before we go not to tell her all about every aspect of the parks, especially while we're there as I want her to discover it for herself. I could also understand it might be annoying if I'm always saying "well, here we did this," or "and this ride is where..."etc- though I think a few times is ok!

If you want to still be in a relationship when get home, whatever you do do not hire one of the swan boats on Lake Disney! Me and my DP couldn't steer ours at all (we actually crashed into Panormagique at one point :oops: ). We got stuck out in the middle of Lake Disney, kept arguing over who was going to try and steer the stupid thing and ended up in silence as we sat there calming ourselves down.  :oops:  :D There was a five minute window where I did seriously contemplate shoving him off the thing into the water but I didn't! We laugh about it now, especially everytime we see a swan boat but It was completely not funny at the time!

As others have suggested, nice dinners is a good idea, we always a walk round the castle too, and maybe a stroll around Lake Disney.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

never2old

Quote from: "jeakat24"If you want to still be in a relationship when get home, whatever you do do not hire one of the swan boats on Lake Disney! Me and my DP couldn't steer ours at all (we actually crashed into Panormagique at one point :oops: ). We got stuck out in the middle of Lake Disney, kept arguing over who was going to try and steer the stupid thing and ended up in silence as we sat there calming ourselves down.  :oops:  :D There was a five minute window where I did seriously contemplate shoving him off the thing into the water but I didn't! We laugh about it now, especially everytime we see a swan boat but It was completely not funny at the time!

:lol:  :lol:

That is so funny.... :D Imagine being up in Panoramagique, what a show that must have been!!  :P

We've only had 1 argument in the parks, we were in Buzz and my DH was trying as usual to get the maximum score... But I was playing too, so I tried turning the spaceship so that I could reach a target, and he told me off!!  :shock:  He was dead serious!! So I refused to go back on Buzz until he apologised!! So there's another tip for you Nicolai: don't yell at your girlfriend in Buzz ;)

polar vixen

We've stayed at Davy Crockett twice now, and it's been great.  Really nice to wander around etc.  Breakfast if you're paying just for that is (or was last year) 6 Euros per person, for that you'll get a carton of orange juice each, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate sachets, milk, a petit pain, a croissant, and one of the little sweet bread loaves, (which I'm always forgetting the name of - sorry!) along with some little packs of jam/butter and nutella.  We didn't really find it was worth 6 Euros each.  Nice enough, but we found it better value to go to the shop on site, but croissants (1 Euro each) and a full size baguette (2 Euros each) which was equal to about 5 of the petit pain anyway.  Then because we were driving, we'd take jam, tea, coffee etc. with us, and buy a normal size block of butter along with ham and cheese for the shop.  It meant that any leftovers which had costs less than the breakfast anyway we could pack up and make lunches with.  Staying at Davy Crockett is great because you can stock your car up with drinks etc and save a fortune, it's also good, depending on when you're going to take a disposable bbq, and make use of the bbq outside your cabin, if the weather is good, sitting outside to eat breakfast is fab.  If you're wanting something more for breakfast, treat yourself to Annette's diner, or Dinseyland hotel, neither is much more expensive, and from what I've read, REALLY nice with allot more food options. Have a great time!

Rafael

I hope you and your girlfriend have a wonderful trip! :)

My suggestions:

- Spend some time with her at fantasia Gardens. I think this area is very romantic. The atmosphere is amazing, especially when you are with the person you love.
- Have breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel one day. I'm sure she is going to love it!
- Finish the day having a drink by the fireplace at Sequoia Lodge. The bar is great and I think it is a great place for couples.

norhel

Welcome back and have a great trip!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

amanda08

Welcome back Nicolai! So happy you have found a lovely woman to share Disney with :-) I too have missed your beautiful photos and can't wait to see new ones from your upcoming trip :)

Amanda

tubbsy

OOH! Cocktails in one of the bars? maybe Club fantasia?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

princessemily

Look forward to your trip review and more lovely photos.  Will be interesting to hear how your Disney trip goes with your girlfriend along.  Hope she loves it like you do. ;)
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013