Dreams do come true

Started by Rafael, January 16, 2013, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"I would love to visit the others also! But it would take its toll on my son who has various special needs and the flights would be gruelling.
But when he's older most definitely! For now DLP is just perfect being a 2 hour train ride away... Many people love London and Paris also, each to their own I say. Asking as you enjoy it, it's your kind of holiday! I'm sure your next visit will come around sooner than you think it always does.
Did you stay in a Disney hotel when you came?

I think we love Paris and London because they are so different from what we experience where we live. We live in Natal, in the northeast of Brazil. It has a tropical climate, with warm to hot temperatures all throughout the year and it is famous for its natural beauty.
There is no such thing as winter here... It is always sunny and it drives me crazy! lol  Therefore, we love the weather in Europe, specially in the winter, and all the history and architecture. We love visiting all the numerous museums, galleries, and all the amazing historic sites.
And for me, Disneyland being near Paris is fantastic. Visiting these two places in one trip is awesome. I wish I were there today. I hope you are right and my next trip comes sooner than I think. :)

Natal:

Yes, we stayed at Cheyenne for 4 nights (from January 6th till January 10th) and then, after visiting London, one one more night (January 24th). We wanted to see DLP one more time before coming back to Brazil, so instead of flying home from London, we did it from Paris on January 25th. Before that, when we got there, we stayed from December 28th till january 6th at Ibis Val d'europe. It was much cheaper and very convenient to visit Paris and DLP for being a few meters from the train station. We couldn't afford spending so many nights at a Disney hotel. We followed the advice that I had read here of getting annual passports. It was great because some days during our stay at Ibis we went to Paris in the morning for a museum or something and then return straight to DLP. It was great because we had the chance to visit the park for more than 10 days. The days at Cheyenne were all dedicated to DLP though. We didn't leave the resort.

Rafael

Quote from: "BlackPearl"I love your pictures of Orbitron. It looks great at night.
Thanks again for sharing them   :D

QuoteIt is great to hear you have infected some colleagues with the Disney virus. lol.  
Please share with us their thoughts afterward.
I will. Hopefully I may be going in May, too! One of my friends asked. She tries to get a day off for an extended weekend.
(as she is a teacher, it's not that easy because there are no school holidays in May, but she has worked overtime)
So, keep your fingers crossed!

I'm glad you like the pictures of Orbitron, BlackPearl. :)
Here are some more especially for you:

I will keep my fingers crossed! I hope you really get to go in May. Don't forget to share a trip report with us! :)

BlackPearl

Thank you, Rafael!   :D

princessemily

The beaches in Natal look stunning. After having the coldest March in over 50 years here in Ireland we are craving the sun.  Even in our summer you can never be sure, last year it wasn't that warm and rained a lot.  Oh, to be guaranteed even a couple of weeks sunshine in ones home country would be amazing! Mind you the whole of Irland would grind to anhalt, so desperate would we be to get out and enjoy it!
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

littlebitofpixiedust

Again, lovely pics! I've too stayed in the Cheyenne it was the first trip and first Disney hotel that I stayed in. I was only about 12 I think!?
And I still love it just as much then as I do now!
It's awful weather here ATM really depressing what we'd give for some of your sunshine! Lol
Got the Eurostar booked today 8th September was hard work mind you to get seats they are all getting booked fast so glad I got it done finally.. Think it will be the sequioa lodge hotel this time!
I'll make sure to take lots of photos and maybe you could help me understand how to upload some from my previous and next trip? I havnt got a clue! Keely :)

Rafael

Quote from: "princessemily"The beaches in Natal look stunning. After having the coldest March in over 50 years here in Ireland we are craving the sun.  Even in our summer you can never be sure, last year it wasn't that warm and rained a lot.  Oh, to be guaranteed even a couple of weeks sunshine in ones home country would be amazing! Mind you the whole of Irland would grind to anhalt, so desperate would we be to get out and enjoy it!

OMG, the coldest March in 50 years! i cant even imagine what it is like! it must be freezing! Here on the other hand, it is so hot right now. I think it is the warmest March in 50 years! Lol. Can we blame global warming for that?

Yes, the beaches are beautiful here indeed, but when you live close to it, you kinda get used  and take it for granted. I love when people come over because I have the chance to show them around and it seems that I start seeing the beauty again. Does it make sense? If you feel like coming here, drop me a line. You and you family would be more than welcome. My apartment is not very big, but we have an extra room always ready, since my family is actually from Sao Paulo and I need a place for them to stay when they come here.
Natal is one the host cities for the World Cup next year and the stadium they are building is near my apartment. I don't know if you are interested in the event, but I think it will be a great party and the atmosphere in the city will be amazing. Again, you are more than welcome to come anytime! :)

Rafael

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"Again, lovely pics! I've too stayed in the Cheyenne it was the first trip and first Disney hotel that I stayed in. I was only about 12 I think!?
And I still love it just as much then as I do now!
It's awful weather here ATM really depressing what we'd give for some of your sunshine! Lol
Got the Eurostar booked today 8th September was hard work mind you to get seats they are all getting booked fast so glad I got it done finally.. Think it will be the sequioa lodge hotel this time!
I'll make sure to take lots of photos and maybe you could help me understand how to upload some from my previous and next trip? I havnt got a clue! Keely :)

Have you stayed at Cheyenne recently? Has it changed much since your first time there?

OMG, you are staying at Sequoia? How exciting! I would love to stay at this hotel! :)
I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures! I can help you anytime! Just drop me a line whenever you feel like! :)

There is a very nice website for uploading photos and it is very user friendly: www.imageshack.us
You just have to enter your email for an instant free account and you are ready to go! You just have to select the file from your computer and press upload now. Then you can copy the direct link of your picture and paste here. Before pasting, you click on the button IMG and you will paste the link in between.

You are more then welcome to come and stay here anytime! :) As I told Princess Emily, there is a spare room always ready. :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Hey thanks for the info I will give it a try soon, I'm not very computer friendly lol! And thanks for the offer I would love too, your country looks beautiful! Maybe years down the line when m sons older (havnt flown with him yet) !

And personally I think the Cheyenne is the best themed hotel out of them all and I have stayed in all on site Disney hotels now! But it needs a refurb most definatley we stayed 2 years ago I think last time and our room was looking so tired and a bit run down, few things were broken too. I think they we in process of refurbishing the hotels as they have done the Santa fe and sequioa lodge. So it will be nice if they did Cheyenne as it truly is a great theme and has a magnificent feel to it I think, just needs sum TLC :)

Rafael

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"Hey thanks for the info I will give it a try soon, I'm not very computer friendly lol! And thanks  for the offer I would love too, your country looks beautiful! Maybe years down the line when m sons older (havnt flown with him yet) !

And personally I think the Cheyenne is the best themed hotel out of them all and I have stayed in all on site Disney hotels now! But it needs a refurb most definatley we stayed 2 years ago I think last time and our room was looking so tired and a bit run down, few things were broken too. I think they we in process of refurbishing the hotels as they have done the Santa fe and sequioa lodge. So it will be nice if they did Cheyenne as it truly is a great theme and has a magnificent feel to it I think, just needs sum TLC :)

You're welcome! I will be looking forward to your pictures!  :D

I agree about Cheyenne's theme. It is a great concept and it was executed very well. I also think it needs a refurb. There wasn't anything broken in our room, but it was a bit run down.  I really enjoyed staying there, but we would really love to try Sequoia next time.

Feel fee to come anytime! :)

Rafael

littlebitofpixiedust

Again lovely photos! And I don't think I can upload pics from iPad need to use my laptop wich is broken! You must have a great camera and a good eye because all the times I have been wich I have lost count, I havnt taken photos as remarkable as yours!
Sequioa is now bambi theme you can see on you tube but I'll take some pics when I'm there I have some of the Disneyland hotel also but need the laptop to upload them :(

Rafael

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"Again lovely photos! And I don't think I can upload pics from iPad need to use my laptop wich is broken! You must have a great camera and a good eye because all the times I have been wich I have lost count, I havnt taken photos as remarkable as yours!
Sequioa is now bambi theme you can see on you tube but I'll take some pics when I'm there I have some of the Disneyland hotel also but need the laptop to upload them :(

Thank you very much! I am glad you like the photos! :) Actually my camera isn't that good, but I do enjoy taking pictures. I guess I try to capture the things that draw my attention and that I want to remember later. At DLP it means almost everything! lol. I say almost because I don't feel like taking many photos at the studios. Even though we spent many days at DLP, very little time was spent there. I hope the park gets the same amount of investiment DCA has received lately. I think it needs an extreme makeover, not just new rides.

Yes, if you have your pictures in your Ipad, you can upload them from it. :)

I would love to see your pictures of the hotels, especially Sequoia. :)

Rafael

One of the things that I have learned here at the forum is that you should always look up. It really pays off. :)

Rafael

Today I woke up missing DLP a lot. I really wish I could be there now.

ilovedisneylandparis

Me too, Rafael! Especially because it's DLP's 21st birthday today...I'd love to be there :)