Dreams do come true

Started by Rafael, January 16, 2013, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimy yet satisfying

Wow Rafael your photos are amazing...we were looking forward to your trip this year almost as much as you i think! Seeing your trip photos last year made us determined to look for the hidden peaceful disney you seem to capture so perfectly when we visited last march and again in early Jan this year. We thought we were doing so well when yet again your new photos astound us! Well...we're going again in two weeks and have challenged our children to spot where you were standing to take these photos...wish us luck.xxx
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Rafael

Quote from: "Slimy yet satisfying"Wow Rafael your photos are amazing...we were looking forward to your trip this year almost as much as you i think! Seeing your trip photos last year made us determined to look for the hidden peaceful disney you seem to capture so perfectly when we visited last march and again in early Jan this year. We thought we were doing so well when yet again your new photos astound us! Well...we're going again in two weeks and have challenged our children to spot where you were standing to take these photos...wish us luck.xxx

I'm very grateful for your comment, it made me very happy :)
It's very nice to get a feedback,  especially such a great one like yours. Thank you so much for your nice words.

I decided to help you challenge your kids for your next trip with some pictures I selected just for them.  
Where was I when I took these photos?  :D

I hope you write a trip report. I would love to read it! :)
Have a wonderful trip!

Aurora1

Great idea!!
I have to make a note to ckeck back before we go, I want to look for these too! But Slimy probavly found them all! ;)
Aurora1

Slimy yet satisfying

Ha ha! I don't think we will find them all but a few colours are giving us clues!  The hunt starts 4th April anyone else like to have a go too? Thanks for the photos Rafael...thank goodness for digital!

Are you planning a return trip yet?  Maybe you should do some pr for a travel company...you could make disney your first job!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Rafael

Quote from: "Aurora1"Great idea!!
I have to make a note to ckeck back before we go, I want to look for these too! But Slimy probavly found them all! ;)
Aurora1

Hi Aurora,

Thanks for your comment. You know what, I think if you look for these ones, probably you will find many more I haven't seen, right? It seems that Disneyland is full of layers to be discovered. I love that place. :)

Rafael

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfyingHa ha! I don't think we will find them all but a few colours are giving us clues!  The hunt starts 4th April anyone else like to have a go too? Thanks for the photos Rafael...thank goodness for digital!
Are you planning a return trip yet?  Maybe you should do some pr for a travel company...you could make disney your first job!

Hi Slimy!

The day of your trip is around the corner. How exciting!  :D May I go with you? Lol.  OMG I wish I could be planning a new trip to DLP.   :cry:

You are so right about digital! Especially at DLP, where there are so may photo opportunities. :)

Rafael

More Fantasyland!

Epcot_Boy

It's pretty clear Rafael that you love Fantasyland as much as I do =D>  Of all the lands it's the one that I really love to explore, all the colours and intricate designs, just beautiful. 8)
Strangely, it's also the one land where I have never actually been on a ride, a bit long in the tooth for the rides, I think some of the mums and dads would probably give me some strange looks :-"  :lol:
Nevertheless I've loved looking at your photos, it's been wonderful sharing your holiday with you =D>

And I loved this one, simple but stunning in it's own way. Excellent =D>

David

littlebitofpixiedust

Brilliant photos I agree fantasyland is amazing! Is lovely to know there are there's others with my passion :) I've lost count how many times we have been! Stayed on every on site Disney hotel except the Disneyland hotel wich we did 18-22nd march wonderful in so many ways... But I will say the best thing was sitting out our little terrace garden and hearing the music and soaking up the atmosphere looking at the gates as people enter. Last thing at night was also amazing we heard Disney dreams after hours they were rehearsing the new addition of the lion king (wich we never saw but heard!)
Cannot wait too go back but think it'll be the sequioa lodge next visit

Rafael

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"It's pretty clear Rafael that you love Fantasyland as much as I do =D>  Of all the lands it's the one that I really love to explore, all the colours and intricate designs, just beautiful. 8)
Strangely, it's also the one land where I have never actually been on a ride, a bit long in the tooth for the rides, I think some of the mums and dads would probably give me some strange looks :-"  :lol:
Nevertheless I've loved looking at your photos, it's been wonderful sharing your holiday with you =D>

And I loved this one, simple but stunning in it's own way. Excellent =D>

Hi Epcot_Boy,

Yes, I do love Fantasyland. Amazing details galore and a great atmosphere. I thought I would feel  a little embarrassed going on the rides too, especially when you are in the queue around many families with small children. However, it hasn't prevented me from riding them. lol  I have to tell you. I haven't regretted! No strange looks at all! I think people don't even pay attention to adults riding without kids. I have had tons of fun, especially at the dark rides. There was a day last trip the park my empty and the cast members were so nice that they let me ride some of them over and ver again without leaving the seat. I think I rode Snow White 3 times and Peter Pan 3 or 4 as well. Tea cups are also a lot of fun. I think the only ones I haven't been to are Dumbo and the Carrousel.

I think you should give the rides a chance.

I also like a lot this picture you mentioned. I remember the way I felt when I took it. It really felt like I had been transported somewhere else. It is interesting the way simple details can be so magical and achieve wonders. I really like the little corners of the park, the way they help suggesting a story and a mood.

Rafael

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"Brilliant photos I agree fantasyland is amazing! Is lovely to know there are there's others with my passion :) I've lost count how many times we have been! Stayed on every on site Disney hotel except the Disneyland hotel wich we did 18-22nd march wonderful in so many ways... But I will say the best thing was sitting out our little terrace garden and hearing the music and soaking up the atmosphere looking at the gates as people enter. Last thing at night was also amazing we heard Disney dreams after hours they were rehearsing the new addition of the lion king (wich we never saw but heard!)
Cannot wait too go back but think it'll be the sequioa lodge next visit

Thank you for your comment! :)
It is a passion indeed and it is good knowing there are other people that feel the same. :)
I agree with you about soaking up the atmosphere. Rides are great and fun, but the magic really happens when you stop and take your time to be fully immersed in that environment. I remember leaving the park for the last time in january after watching Dreams. I was leaving the park and after passing under the train station I noticed a family doing exactly what you described in your comment. They were in their terrace just watching the people leaving the park. The two little girls were dressed like princesses and they were waving goodbye to the people approaching the turnstiles. That family seemed so happy just being there and waving goody-bye. That simple action was full of good energy and happy thoughts. I could feel happiness in the air.

Slimy yet satisfying

Soooo excited. Counting sleeps till we leave tommorow after school for a few days in the lakes to celebrate Easter. Will be calmer when we get a little further south away from the snow and ice where we are. Hope it will be a little warmer in disney...I'm sure a disney hug from Mickey will do the job of warming us through! Sweet dreams xxxx
1992 Honeymoon DH

Rafael

Quote from: "Slimy yet satisfying"Soooo excited. Counting sleeps till we leave tommorow after school for a few days in the lakes to celebrate Easter. Will be calmer when we get a little further south away from the snow and ice where we are. Hope it will be a little warmer in disney...I'm sure a disney hug from Mickey will do the job of warming us through! Sweet dreams xxxx

littlebitofpixiedust

So true rafael! The rides definitely aren't everything although I enjoy them and I must say have never tired of them, I just love being there! It was quite an extraordinary feeling being so close to the park entrance on our last visit even though we weren't in the park it was just incredible watching people come and go smiling and happy I guess that's what makes Disneyland Paris what it is really? The families, and of course us fans!!
    So many times people have said "your crazy, don't you get bored" or "it isn't a proper holiday" and I respond every trip is different and to me forgetting the worlds the harsh world we live in is my kind of holiday. Wich I'm sure myself and many others share that same feeling. My son is disabled, life's not easy but knowing that twice a year we have fun and forget the bad stuff I don't know, just makes life that bit easier.
     And to add dreams was amazing! I always have a few tears at the tangled part (happy ones)  and I have never photographed like you did although I pay attention to detail in the same way I never photograph it? You definatley have given me food for thought! So when is your next trip rafael?

P.s slimy yet satisfying have a great Easter Disney trip! (I'm still not sure what I am doing on this forum!?)

Rafael

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"So true rafael! The rides definitely aren't everything although I enjoy them and I must say have never tired of them, I just love being there! It was quite an extraordinary feeling being so close to the park entrance on our last visit even though we weren't in the park it was just incredible watching people come and go smiling and happy I guess that's what makes Disneyland Paris what it is really? The families, and of course us fans!!
    So many times people have said "your crazy, don't you get bored" or "it isn't a proper holiday" and I respond every trip is different and to me forgetting the worlds the harsh world we live in is my kind of holiday. Wich I'm sure myself and many others share that same feeling. My son is disabled, life's not easy but knowing that twice a year we have fun and forget the bad stuff I don't know, just makes life that bit easier.
     And to add dreams was amazing! I always have a few tears at the tangled part (happy ones)  and I have never photographed like you did although I pay attention to detail in the same way I never photograph it? You definatley have given me food for thought! So when is your next trip rafael?

P.s slimy yet satisfying have a great Easter Disney trip! (I'm still not sure what I am doing on this forum!?)

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. :)
I loved this: "forgetting the harsh world we live in is my kind of holiday". This is amazing. I think you put into words the way I feel about Disney and I think it also explains why I like visiting this forum. I think for me it is a way to forget for some time the bad stuff, as you said. Here somehow i feel protected from the world, free of the things that hurt me and get me down.

Isn't it great that you found a place where you and your son can leave everything behind and have fun? People should cherish that, instead of asking if you don't get bored. If they knew what they are missing... If you have the chance to go often, don't miss the opportunities because people don't get it. Go and enjoy! You and your son deserve that. :)

Talking about pictures, I have taken so many pictures this last time. I think I have done that in order to save those special moments in my mind. I really don't know when I will be able to be at Disneyland Paris again, so the pictures help me get there again, you know? I think if I lived closer and knew that I could experience that atmosphere often, most of the time I would not even take a camera with me. I think I wouldn't take a single picture. I would just try to be there. Maybe I would spend an afternoon at Fantasia Garden  just watching people go by. I would spend a morning at the hub just staring at the castle. I would sit by the river just listening to the sound of Big Thunder Mountain. There are so many different things I wish I could do at DLP that a year there would not be enough. I agree when you say that every trip is different. I would add that every day at DLP is different. The sky is different, the people are different, the mood is different. Only one thing is always the same. That awesome feeling that everything is going to be alright.

Happy Easter! :)