Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Well the Magic Flex is €189 on the website at the minute but is increasing to €219 ? €30 !?! Please someone tell me there's something wrong with my calculation.  :o

So the website is €13 a month (after €55 initial payment) and the announcement is €15 a month (after €55 initial payment) ?? Something doesn't (pardon the pun) add up.

pontyslapper

I was listening to a youtuber talking about it and was listening for the Magic Plus AP which we are looking at.

My kids were playing and being noisy when I was listening so I only managed to focus on the Magic Plus AP and assumed that it was 10 euros across the lower ones. My mistake sorry.

It looks like they are trying to either do away with AP's or make them so unattractive to people who have twigged that an AP offers good value if you DIY Disney that they will just do with staying off owned properties and doing a few days when they can.

This might be our last year of doing the AP thing as the kids are getting older and they've both said they want a day in Paris this year - the youngest will be 7 this year and he's opted for a Paris day as he wants to see the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe. They've even mentioned in future re-doing Futuroscope or other stuff in France.

We tend to map our AP across August-August due to our jobs and holiday allowance. We used to have Magic Flex and its older equivalent and do DLP late August on the 'first' holiday and early August on the 'second' holiday in our year - the switch being necessary to get around the usual mid August blockout.

This year we are getting Magic Plus as we think the kids will cope with earlier starts and we are quite tied next year with other stuff so need the flexibility that Plus offers.

Drama mama

My family will be visiting in June. I'm thinking about buying the Magic Plus AP to get the food and merchandise discounts.  I'm confused about two of the perks. 1st- the ability to buy one day park tickets at 20% off - maximum of 5 tickets per day       2nd - buying 1 day/2 park tickets for 39 euros - maximum of 5 tickets per week.

For my family- we are a family of four, we want three days in the park.  If we have one magic plus's pass, we can then buy 5-  1 day/2 park tickets for 39 euros and 4 tickets at 20% off.  This is less money than 3-3 day tickets.   Is that accurate?  How do we make those purchases?  Are there restrictions that I don't see?

NCC1701Q

- yes, that's accurate;
- both type of tickets can be only bought on the day of use, at the regular ticketbooth at the entrance of both parks;
- no, there are not, except that you have to be present at the purchase of the tickets, but that's somehow self-explanatory.

JodieG91

Hi :)

We are going to Paris on 7th April for our Honeymoon, Sunday - Sunday. We are spending Monday - Thursday at the Radisson Blu Hotel Disneyland. Our aim was to spend all day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning in the parks. Looking at the tickets, it would work out better value to get a Magic Flex or possibly Magic Plus annual pass. We have seen online that you can pay monthly for these. I just have a few questions and wondering if anybody can help.

1. Can we do this at the park? If so, what would the process be? We are completely new to this!
2. Do you need a high credit rating for this, or is your credit history not checked? (It's a serious anxiety issue my partner has with everything, if I can reassure him either way about it, it would be great, he just likes to know)
3. The dates we are going are available on the Magic Flex. We plan on eating at the park and getting a photopass, so in your opinions, would the Plus work out better in the long run?
4. Lastly, what would we need with us to set up the monthly installments?
5. Can you get sponsorship on pay monthly annual passes?

Thanks in advance! I feel clueless!

chicks99

Hello, roughly what is the discount given on hotels? I'm finding booking through Disney for one person is extremely expensive and that an annual pass might be the way forward for myself.

NCC1701Q

The discount is very variable, depending on type of annual pass, dates you want to book, availability etc. There is unfortunately no way to predict discounts - you have to call DLP to get a quote.

NCC1701Q

Congratulations on your Honeymoon!

I'll try to help you as best as I can:
1. Yes, you can. Find a sponsor and meet up at the BPA. There you buy the AP, get the discount and set up the monthly payment.
2. No checking, you just need a bank account :)
3. The only difference between Plus and Flex are 10% discount on food (for the Plus) and the Photopass for Plus is €6 cheaper than the Flex one. I guess the Flex will do, because the Plus is more expensive and the difference (times two, since you need two AP's) is too big to compensate with the 10% discount on food.
4. Apart from all the usual papers needed for the AP, you need to check if your bank can process SEPA-payments. That is needed for DLP to get the monthly payments from your bank. You need to bring a bank statement or bankcard to give them the details about your account (IBAN etc).
5. Yes

Quote from: JodieG91 on February 25, 2018, 11:16:54 PM
Hi :)

We are going to Paris on 7th April for our Honeymoon, Sunday - Sunday. We are spending Monday - Thursday at the Radisson Blu Hotel Disneyland. Our aim was to spend all day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning in the parks. Looking at the tickets, it would work out better value to get a Magic Flex or possibly Magic Plus annual pass. We have seen online that you can pay monthly for these. I just have a few questions and wondering if anybody can help.

1. Can we do this at the park? If so, what would the process be? We are completely new to this!
2. Do you need a high credit rating for this, or is your credit history not checked? (It's a serious anxiety issue my partner has with everything, if I can reassure him either way about it, it would be great, he just likes to know)
3. The dates we are going are available on the Magic Flex. We plan on eating at the park and getting a photopass, so in your opinions, would the Plus work out better in the long run?
4. Lastly, what would we need with us to set up the monthly installments?
5. Can you get sponsorship on pay monthly annual passes?

Thanks in advance! I feel clueless!

irishbhoy1888

Has anybody renewed the new type of APs
Yet? Is their any promotional advantages like a few months free or stuff like that?
Im thinking of renewing but not 100% sure.
Also can I renew online and is it less hassle than when you first sign up?
My sign up at the Park was a nightmare with long waits etc.

NCC1701Q

If you renew within the last two months of your validity period, you get 16 months for the price of 12.

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: NCC1701Q on March 05, 2018, 05:45:15 PM
If you renew within the last two months of your validity period, you get 16 months for the price of 12.

Great! Thanks for that.

amywayne2701

Has anyone applied for their first annual pass through mail that live in the UK? I have downloaded the forms off the Disney website and was planning on mailing them as it says you can to get our first passes. Am I right in thinking you get temporary passes that you exchange on the day?

Does anyone in the UK use Barclays bank to pay monthly for the passes?
I know we need to leave plenty of time to receive them which is fine as planned on sending the forms off this week and we don't go until May.
Thanks

dencarter

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on March 05, 2018, 02:48:59 PM
Yet? Is their any promotional advantages like a few months free or stuff like that?

As above, up get 16 months for the price of 12. You should get an email two months before your pass expires with a link to a webpage where you just enter your payment info and you're done. It's super easy. If you're already within the two month period and haven't seen an email, check your spam.

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: dencarter on March 06, 2018, 10:00:07 PM

As above, up get 16 months for the price of 12. You should get an email two months before your pass expires with a link to a webpage where you just enter your payment info and you're done. It's super easy. If you're already within the two month period and haven't seen an email, check your spam.

Do you pay an upfront payment on renewal or is the total just spread over 12  months?

dencarter

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on March 08, 2018, 12:40:17 PM
Quote from: dencarter on March 06, 2018, 10:00:07 PM

Do you pay an upfront payment on renewal or is the total just spread over 12  months?

You have a choice to pay all up front or over 11 monthly instalments. Very easy process, much easier than dealing with the slow bureau at the park!