Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firemonkey

I am planning on visiting the park on 30th May 1st and 2nd of June.
Doesn't the magic plus also include 20% off full price tickets after using my five discounted tickets and also comes with free parking, which saves €25 a day, and discount it in restaurants and shops.

haribosmum

I've already booked a package for April 2019, am now wondering about buying an annual pass as we might have another trip before then.  Does anyone have experience of changing a booking from a package to a room only with annual pass discount? Do you think it might even be possible? 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

NCC1701Q

Yes you're right, I forgot to include that in the calculation. Sorry for the confusion.
That means it changes to:

1st day: 1 Magic Plus, 4 discounted tickets, cost €156
2nd day: 1 Magic Plus, 1 discounted tickets, 3 regular tickets (€79,20 each), cost €276,60
3rd day: 1 Magic Plus, 4 regular tickets, cost 4 times €97,20=€316,80.

Total: €749,40

You could also buy 4 Discovery annual passes, that'll cost you 4 times €149 = €596. Saves you 153,40 plus the hassle of buying tickets every morning. The Discovery has a 2 day blackout after purchase but you could avoid that by buying it via mail (just send all the stuff to France and they will send you the annual passes back which means the 2 day blackout has been over before you even get the tickets).

That also leaves the option open of going for another trip.
The Discovery has selected validity dates, which you can see here: https://www.discoverthemagic.nl/content/downloads/disneyland-paris/dlp-jaarkaarten-blockdagen-discovery-mrt2018-sep2019.pdf
The dark dates are the dates the pass is valid.

The Magic plus does come with free parking and discount in shops, but since you already bought that one you get that anyway (assuming you travel in one car).

Quote from: Firemonkey on April 24, 2018, 12:00:29 PM
Doesn't the magic plus also include 20% off full price tickets after using my five discounted tickets and also comes with free parking, which saves €25 a day, and discount it in restaurants and shops.

Firemonkey

Discovery passes sound like a good idea, how do I buy them from the French site? I've had a quick look but don't seem to be able to find the right page or information. And will I get discount on these or will it be classed as sponsoring them? I have one more question, why is there 2 gray days after purchasing the ticket?
Thank you so much for your help

Quote from: NCC1701Q on April 24, 2018, 02:04:45 PM
Yes you're right, I forgot to include that in the calculation. Sorry for the confusion.
That means it changes to:

1st day: 1 Magic Plus, 4 discounted tickets, cost €156
2nd day: 1 Magic Plus, 1 discounted tickets, 3 regular tickets (€79,20 each), cost €276,60
3rd day: 1 Magic Plus, 4 regular tickets, cost 4 times €97,20=€316,80.

Total: €749,40

You could also buy 4 Discovery annual passes, that'll cost you 4 times €149 = €596. Saves you 153,40 plus the hassle of buying tickets every morning. The Discovery has a 2 day blackout after purchase but you could avoid that by buying it via mail (just send all the stuff to France and they will send you the annual passes back which means the 2 day blackout has been over before you even get the tickets).

That also leaves the option open of going for another trip.
The Discovery has selected validity dates, which you can see here: https://www.discoverthemagic.nl/content/downloads/disneyland-paris/dlp-jaarkaarten-blockdagen-discovery-mrt2018-sep2019.pdf
The dark dates are the dates the pass is valid.

The Magic plus does come with free parking and discount in shops, but since you already bought that one you get that anyway (assuming you travel in one car).

Quote from: Firemonkey on April 24, 2018, 12:00:29 PM

NCC1701Q

The Discovery-pass has 2 blockdays after purchasing them. This is done actually to avoid visitors like yourself to chose a cheaper annual pass in the parcs than pay for 3 separate tickets.
You will not get any discount or sponsorship as you order them through the mail which means there is no sponsoring possible. If you buy them in the parcs you can get sponsored but then you get the 2 blockdays on your 2nd and 3rd day of visit.

The orderform in english is here: http://annual-passes.disneylandparis.co.uk/content/GB/EN/Neutral/system/images/DIS8685_BDC_Regular-UK_BasseDef.pdf

The photographic ID mentioned is just a passport photograph. You get these back with the passes.

You'd need to fill the form out twice to order 4 passes, but can ofcourse send it in one envelope. It is recommended to send it via registered mail. Please note that in order to get the passes in time you'd have to snail-mail the form rather sooner than later.

Firemonkey

Hi,  when I purchased my magic plus I read on this forum to go to the French Disney site and print off a temporary ticket, which is what I have done. Is it not worth doing the same for the  Discovery tickets? Or will the two gray days still apply because I haven't got the permit tickets.
Once again thank you for your help.

Quote from: NCC1701Q on April 25, 2018, 01:21:34 PM
The Discovery-pass has 2 blockdays after purchasing them. This is done actually to avoid visitors like yourself to chose a cheaper annual pass in the parcs than pay for 3 separate tickets.
You will not get any discount or sponsorship as you order them through the mail which means there is no sponsoring possible. If you buy them in the parcs you can get sponsored but then you get the 2 blockdays on your 2nd and 3rd day of visit.

The orderform in english is here: http://annual-passes.disneylandparis.co.uk/content/GB/EN/Neutral/system/images/DIS8685_BDC_Regular-UK_BasseDef.pdf

The photographic ID mentioned is just a passport photograph. You get these back with the passes.

You'd need to fill the form out twice to order 4 passes, but can ofcourse send it in one envelope. It is recommended to send it via registered mail. Please note that in order to get the passes in time you'd have to snail-mail the form rather sooner than later.

NCC1701Q

If you buy the annual pass online, the temporary ticket will grant you access to the park and you can get the definitive annual pass made. It will be valid one year from that date. But in the case of the Discovery-version, the next two days will be blackout days.

If you order the annual passes with the form, the definitive passes will be made and then posted to you. They will be valid one year from the day they are made and the next two days (when they're on their way to you) are blackout days. So when you get them they are valid for about 350 days (if shipping takes 10 days) but comsidering your travel plans that is no problem.

littlebitofpixiedust

Finally we've made the decision to buy annual passes (should of done this years ago!) we've booked our hotel and travel, now we need to understand the options available.

My question is can we have the actual annual passes posted to us meaning we do not have to wait at the park for them to be made up? We go on 27-30 July so would need to know when to send of the forms ect.
Or is it that you always have to collect at the park it's just that my son has autism and will be extremely unhappy If were waiting for to long especially when he's used to us going on rides or seeing  shows when we arrive.

I'm finding the whole matter quite confusing TBH and want to do it as easy as possible

NCC1701Q

The photographic ID mentioned is just a passport photograph. You get these back with the passes. It is recommended to send it via registered mail.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: NCC1701Q on April 26, 2018, 04:26:25 PM

The photographic ID mentioned is just a passport photograph. You get these back with the passes. It is recommended to send it via registered mail.

Thankyou I'll have a look at the link so would this mean we don't have to wait in line at the passport office in the park?

NCC1701Q

littlebitofpixiedust

fairymom

Hi everyone
Visiting the first week of May (escaping home on the Black Thursday!)
Our Fantasy passes expired at xmas so I've ordered an Infinity for me and Magic Plus for the kids. This time DH can get in free with carer's ticket because our DD was diagnosed ASD last year.

So, my question - the free photo pass with the Infinity... where do I go to get this started? Is it the kind that lasts for a year?
We're staying offsite at Magic Circus this time - kids have wanted to try it for ages - and next time we'll stay onsite hopefully with good discount from the Infinity pass. It'll be over the summer as DS wants to do the Superheroes event.

Thanks everyone!

NCC1701Q

The Photopass+ is valid as long as your AP is.
You can get it at Ribbons & Bows – Hat Shop, to the right of Town Square in the Disneyland Park.

JodieG91

My husband and I recently got the Magic Plus annual passes on a pay monthly basis, during our honeymoon trip earlier this month. We now really want to go back during October half term, which happens to be during the blockout dates, we were going to stay onsite room only to avoid them but it's a lot more expensive than we thought. Can you upgrade your annual pass from a Magic Plus to Infinity, after purchasing already? I've tried looking online but can't find any information. I think it would probably work out cheaper overall to upgrade the passes than pay the price for the onsite hotel.

We really want to make the most of the annual pass, we're already booked to go to Majorca during July and the only other time off my husband has is October half term! We'd love to be there for Halloween. I was quoted £460 for 2 nights onsite room only and we were hoping to stay for a week as we did earlier this month.

Thanks! :)