Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claire2281

Quote from: Fixiepixie on May 28, 2018, 10:07:44 PM
Last time I paid in full and validated it when I got there but our first trip that time was off-site so the annual pass wasn't an issue at check-in.
I've had great experience with Disney in the past so I'd be surprised if it was an issue but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this before.
Thanks so much for your replies x

Well if paying in full is an option for you then you can download the order form from the DLP site, send it off and they'll send the passes back to you in the post. Might be less hassle for you and you wouldn't have to worry about check in.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Fixiepixie

That's a great idea. I didn't realise I could do that.
I'm in Ireland so if I send the forms off say 6wks before we go, would that be enough time?
I'm assuming they're are validated from when they are issued rather than activation at the park like the temp ones
Thanks

NCC1701Q

Six weeks should be long enough (no guarantee ofcourse) and yes, the validity-period starts the day they are issued at the BPA.

Fixiepixie

Thanks so much everyone for your help!
I love having a place to ask all these questions -no matter how silly it may seem there's always someone with the answer. It's a great help when planning and helps make the most of every trip
Thanks again xxxxxx

principessa144

Hi,  my fiancé and I are huge Disney/ Disneyland fans (so much so we got engaged there at Christmas! Yay!). Anyway,  we are renewing our DLP annual passes and I'm trying to think with my actual brain and not my Disney brain (which immediately says spend all our money on Disneyland!!). So we are choosing between Magic Plus and Infinity and we want to make the right choice.

We both currently have Fantasy passes and are looking to renew this month. We are planning on at least two short trips this year and a longer more special trip in 2019 as part of our honeymoon.

Extra magic hours are essential for us and we are tempted by the extra discount with the Infinity pass. So we were considering getting one Magic Plus and one Infinity but we wouldn't both be able to use the reserved areas for the parade and illuminations.

Has anyone with an Infinity pass used the resevered areas? Illuminations is our favourite part of every day we are there but we normally find a good spot anyway without having to wait too early. Would it be worth us both getting Infinity passes just for this perk? My heart is saying 'yeees!!' but my logical head is unsure!

We would appreciate any advice! Thank you :)

dencarter

In my opinion the Infinity viewing area for Illuminations is great, but you can get great views anyway if you know the tips and tricks. Therefore, my advice is to work out if the additional discounts would make the price of the Infinity pass worth it.

Other than that, I'd say the most valuable perks you get from Infinity is the special treatment at special events, such as the recent Hollywood Tower Hotel party (which was just for Infinity pass holders), or the conference at Fandaze. If you'll get value from that sort of hard ticket event, Infinity is a no-brainer.

rocker

Currently have magic plus passes that I got extended by 6 months by sponsoring.  Questions is, on a free sponsored 6 month pass, can I sponsor again to get another extension?

Don't want to offer up to help someone on the sponsorship thread & only then find out in the AP office that I'm not allowed to do this.  Any one know for sure if they allow this or not?

NCC1701Q

No, after a free AP earned by sponsoring you need to renew by paying. Then you can sponsor again, then pay again, etc.

rocker

Quote from: NCC1701Q on June 06, 2018, 08:30:02 AM
No, after a free AP earned by sponsoring you need to renew by paying. Then you can sponsor again, then pay again, etc.

cheers, I suspected that might be the case.  I shall keep away from the sponsorship thread!

irishbhoy1888

What's the process of renewing annual passes from home? I don't want to have to queue in Disney absinthe to renew as last time was a disaster.

Fixiepixie

Hi all,  we are getting 3annual passes - 1 infinity and 2 magic plus.
We were going to buy them all when we got there or all in advance (to get a good room only rate) BUT
If I buy the infinity pass a few months in advance and book the room. Then when we get there use that pass to sponsor the other 2 passes. We would then get 10% off and 6 months added to the infinity pass (so they'll all expire around the same time). Is that right?
Does the free photo pass with infinity start from the start date on the card or when we purchase it?
If anyone could confirm this, that would feel great or if anyone has a better idea please let me know!
Thanks x

NCC1701Q

The free 6 months take 3 sponsored AP's, so you'd have to get another person to sponsor (and be there when that persons buys his/her AP).
The 10% off is correct. The PhotoPass runs during the same period as the Infinity AP does.

NCC1701Q

Fill out the form, send it with all the required documentation/copies/payment info to France and wait for a couple of weeks.

The form is here:
http://annual-passes.disneylandparis.co.uk/content/GB/EN/Neutral/system/images/DIS8685_BDC_Renewal-UK_BasseDef.pdf

It is actually quite easy and self-explanatory.

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 11, 2018, 07:27:00 PM
What's the process of renewing annual passes from home? I don't want to have to queue in Disney absinthe to renew as last time was a disaster.

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: NCC1701Q on June 12, 2018, 05:02:21 PM
Fill out the form, send it with all the required documentation/copies/payment info to France and wait for a couple of weeks.

The form is here:
http://annual-passes.disneylandparis.co.uk/content/GB/EN/Neutral/system/images/DIS8685_BDC_Renewal-UK_BasseDef.pdf

Thanks

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 13, 2018, 12:22:41 PM
Quote from: NCC1701Q on June 12, 2018, 05:02:21 PM

The form is here:

Thanks
Actually i pay per month x5  for family APs and these firms don't give a option to renew per month basis.
Has anyone renewed on the per month option?