I've got my audition for DLRP performers next week!

Started by adamguy_6, January 15, 2007, 08:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Hope a job comes up for you, during your dates  :)

mydogcalledbaloo

Wow that was a fascinating read!!  

Congratulations to ya!!  Will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
27-31 Dec 2006 DCR (first time ever and cried with happiness!!)
17-20 March 2007 Sequoia Lodge
21-25 March 2008 DCR
March 2010 Newport Bay- cant wait to go!!

KitKatAngel

That was a really interesting read, I would love to work at Disneyland Paris! But I don't know where to start lol, how do you apply for a job in the first place?

Thanks for any help you can give me :D

Dlrpfan

congratulations!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

moolie19

congratulations, and i hope they find you something to fit in with your dates

Nath

Hey Adam, thanks for the info about the interview and audition.

I contacted casting a couple of months back and they asked me to send of my entertainments CV and a photograph. I explained I wanted to work in the summer holidays so I'd say the June to August, just like you have been offered.

I always wondered what the auditions were like, and was very scared of them. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I've been dancing for 8 years now, but I'm only 17, I'll be 18 in March, but would like to apply for the summer. Do you know if there is an age limit or how old you are required to work there?

I haven't sent in my CV or anything as of yet as I'm currently doing two shows and would like as much experience on my co as possible before I ask about auditions. I'd like to apply for a parade dancer as dancing is a strong passion of mine.

I was wondering, are there any more auditions before the holidays? Are they really scary? Are people really intimidating? Etc

Congratulations on getting character by the way. :)

-Nath

adamguy_6

Nath,

Do not be worried by the auditions at all. The people hosting them are as relaxed and friendly as they can be, and everybody there will be just as nervous as you.

Provided you have the capacity to learn a simple to moderate dance routine in the space of about 20 minutes you should have no problem with getting work as a parade performer. You should note however, that you do not apply to just work in parades. Like I outlined in my previous review of the audition process, you do some character 'animation' work, and then (provided you pass that) you are put through a dance audition.

People who may not think that they don't have strong enough dance skills to audition with really need not worry. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PASS THE DANCE AUDITION to be offered character only work at the resort! Just keep smiling and look like your enjoying yourself. If you're going to mess up, at least do it the Disney way!

Based on your achievement in both auditions, and a further interview later in the day - those responsible for casting will tell you what type of contracts they want you to take up. These are 'Character Only', 'Character and Parade' and, finally, 'Character, Parade and Show' performers. All are fairly self-explanatory.

You must be 18 by the START of your contract, and have eligibility to work in France. (If you have British Citizenship and a Passport then you should have no problems.)

Further auditions for the Summer Season will be held in April, although specific dates and venues are yet to be confirmed.

My advice to you Nath?  Go on right ahead and submit your CV and photos! You have absolutely nothing to lose, and with eight years experience in dancing, you should have ample ability to cope with the demands of the dancing audition. Just be prepared to do character work, as EVERYONE does character work whilst out there.
Once Upon A Time...

shell_ely

well done lots of good vibes comming your way  :D
hope you get the dates you want, it was realy intresting reading about your audtion :!:
my daughter is intrested in working in disneyland after school she is taking dance,drama and expresive arts for her g.c.s.e. :!:

Nath

Thanks mate; you've really eased my nerves.

I've been dancing a long time but never got any merits or anything, I've heard from past people they aren't looking for that. They mealy judge you on the way you perform on the day.

I do understand about how you have to be a character as well, I was expecting that anyway. But let's say you don't pass the dancing and only get character, is there a way you can turn it down? I know that sounds ungrateful, but I wouldn't mind being character if I was in the parade.

I've got a lot of exams coming up and the two shows I'm doing end at the beginning of April. So I really hope I can attend.

Do I just submit my CV and they give me dates? Also are there other dates to go to if I can't attend the one in April? Or is it way too late by then?

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Nath"Thanks mate; you've really eased my nerves.

I've been dancing a long time but never got any merits or anything, I've heard from past people they aren't looking for that. They mealy judge you on the way you perform on the day.

I do understand about how you have to be a character as well, I was expecting that anyway. But let's say you don't pass the dancing and only get character, is there a way you can turn it down? I know that sounds ungrateful, but I wouldn't mind being character if I was in the parade.

I've got a lot of exams coming up and the two shows I'm doing end at the beginning of April. So I really hope I can attend.

Do I just submit my CV and they give me dates? Also are there other dates to go to if I can't attend the one in April? Or is it way too late by then?

Hey Nath,

Just to echo Adam, the auditions are nothing to be worried about. Be very enthusiastic and crazy in the character segment and DON'T act like a ballet dancer! It might sound strange - but anyone who acts too "Professional" in the character section is cut straight away - they like people who can act crazy and have a presence.

Also if you get to the dance section - try and get to the front! This will give you the best chance of passing this section.

If you get offered Character Only, don't turn it down! After a few weeks you can re-audition in Paris, dance only and you will be given parade as well if you pass.

I will ask you to consider if this is the right job for you though:  Dancing in the parades even if you do get "Parade and Character" forms just a small part of the job . You will be expected to work in Cafe Mickey, Plaza Gardens, Lucky Nugget etc. and do normal sets on the park(s) for most of the time. You will not just be a character in the parades you do it everywhere and for most of the week (especially in your first few months!)

So if thats okay - then you should submit your CV now, the talent casting team will e-mail you with dates about a month before the audition. If you can't attend that particular one let them know and they'll keep you on file and contact you when the next one comes up.

adamguy_6

Shell_ey -
Thanks for your comments! I still wont hear if my dates have become available for a couple of months yet - so it is just the waiting game.

If your daughter wants to audtion then great! It really is a fun day, I said in my post that you have to be 18 to work over there - but actually I'm not sure.  I swear when I was last over there and mixing with some of the cast performers after the parks had shut, some of them were 17 and 16.

Maybe she should e-mail them and check it out?

Nath -

If they offer you just character work, by all means you can turn it down. You will be given a contact card at the end of the audition, and will be told to keep in close contact with the guy in charge (Daniel Harding.) You e-mail him whenever something about you changes, i.e.: Hair length, hair colour, availability dates etc.

The same principle will apply for whether you want the job or not. If you just get offered character work, wait until you go home and e-mail him. Simply say thanks but the contract offered was not the one you were hoping for.

April audtions will be the last casting sessions for Summer. I believe they will be mid-to late April however, so they shouldnt clash with any exams. You may have to travel to your nearest city to attend however. Submit your details, and  they will follow up with all the information that you need!

Thanks

Adam
Once Upon A Time...