New security checks in the resort hub

Started by Josh, July 07, 2012, 01:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

It sounds like the only solution is to build an underground tunnel to the train station.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

Quote from: "Josh"It sounds like the only solution is to build an underground tunnel to the train station.

Or change the new configuration and put things back to the way they were before, which I think is more likely to happen. Speaking as a resort guest I hope Disney don't have to because I liked the new security checks.
Ed & David

Josh

Well yeah. I was just trying to think of way to fix it without losing the new security checks.

Isn't there another train station at Val d'Europe? Or is it just one of the lines that go there?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Whoknew?

If i remember correctly there is a planned new entrance to the train station near vinci parking included in the disney village expansion plans. may be they thought of it after all  :D

ed-uk

Quote from: Whoknew?If i remember correctly there is a planned new entrance to the train station near vinci parking included in the disney village expansion plans. may be they thought of it after all  :D[/quot

I don't think that will  make much difference, apparently the esplanade belongs to the public domain even if Disney does own the land or part of it,  and people should be able to walk around freely,  so it will be a matter of principle for the public.
However I did like the new security checks, I felt that the hotels, Disney Village and the theme parks were better integrated into the resort.
Ed & David

longjohn

Quote from: "Anthony"According to the official Nomenclature:

Center Court
Central plaza between entrances to Theme Parks, Disney Village & Parking

Esplanade
Approach route from Guest Parking to Main Entrance.

Fantasia Gardens
Landscaped area in front of Disneyland Park Entrance.

Studio Plaza
Area between Center Court and the entrance to Walt Disney Studios Park

Esplanade Paul Seramy
Access from Parking Vinci to Center Court.

Parking Vinci
Multi-storey car park at end of Ave Paul Seramy (next to Gaumont Cinemas)

"Center Court" just sounds a bit naff and overly American to me...

Hi Anthony. Great post. Is there a place or website where I can check the official nomenclature from different places of the park?

Thanks

DisneyManiac

Remember the Sellers that used to be between the parks and Disney Village, well last time I went which was 2 months ago, there were basically none! I felt much better walking through with ease without seeing those menacing Dog toys with light up eyes. Man those things creeped me out!

penfold12

I have to say, this new configuration was just great on our last visit this weekend. So much better and really showed The Village in a different more connected light. All they need now are decent security check point areas instead of these vile stupid tents. what is it with DLRP & their obsession with cheap plastic tent construction? Cafe Mickey, Ludwigs, The Security tents and of course the convention tents. Really cheapens things

Festival Disney

Quote from: "penfold12"I have to say, this new configuration was just great on our last visit this weekend. So much better and really showed The Village in a different more connected light. All they need now are decent security check point areas instead of these vile stupid tents. what is it with DLRP & their obsession with cheap plastic tent construction? Cafe Mickey, Ludwigs, The Security tents and of course the convention tents. Really cheapens things

Agree with both points. So much easier walking straight from the Parks to the village, and no long queue when you're first going into the clean area in the morning! Good decision but poor choice of infrastructure still. I'm hoping when they're allowed to continue that there'll be some more permanent buildings instead of the tents.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

benjy

Quote from: "penfold12"I have to say, this new configuration was just great on our last visit this weekend. So much better and really showed The Village in a different more connected light. All they need now are decent security check point areas instead of these vile stupid tents. what is it with DLRP & their obsession with cheap plastic tent construction? Cafe Mickey, Ludwigs, The Security tents and of course the convention tents. Really cheapens things

Speaking to a cast member in Special events yesterday, he said that the reason why Disney use the 'temporary' tents for the security and special events area is so they don't have to get planning permission to have them there, believe it or not the Disneyland Park tent for example is not actually owned by Disney and so when they want to use it they have to pay about €7k a time! But it's the same principle with the security tents.
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

Josh

Wow. I really didn't expect they're renting out those tents. XD I've got to wonder: if they got planning permission for the fences around the resort hub, why not for building more permanent covers?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DisneyDonna

Personally, I found that if you only wanted to go to the Village, the checks weren't that good. Mostly because in the morning (all we wanted was a sandwich from Earl's) you have to get through the crowd going to the parks, before you have to (basically) walk all the way back. It's also a shame that the Disney Village entrance is now only used as an exit...

penfold12

If you were just going for a sandwich, did you have bags with you? As we never had bags and never had to go through the security tents. Just ushered through

Josh

So were you not staying in any of the Disney hotels?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

penfold12

no we were, we stayed at Sequoia Lodge, but going to the parks or village didnt have bags with us, so they simply either direct you through the exit when there are ques, or speed you through the tent past the machines when quiet.