Parade Disney ImagiNations (an 2000) à Disneyland Paris

Started by Robert97, December 31, 2012, 06:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

[youtube:s7c7o2dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvAFQwN4WME[/youtube:s7c7o2dw]

ed-uk

I thought it was a magnificent parade when I saw it, celebrating the continents of the world at the turn of the century, but sadly it lacked that extra Disney magic with characters and floats based on popular  Disney films,  which people have come to expect from a Disney parade.  So after a year DLP replaced it with the ever popular Wonderful World of Disney Parade. I was surprised at the time  but I can see why now.
Ed & David

Boxy

I loved this Parade and the music from it is one of my favourites.
 I didn't realise it only lasted for a year though !

captain rocket

The thing that it really lacked was characters! The characters are the trump card that Disney have over all other parks, in this case the characters were actually the floats themselves and whilst they were impressive, they lacked the intimate contact that we have had from the parades for the last 6 years. Still really impressive though!
As an after thought, what happens to all those floats when they are decomisioned?

ed-uk

I wonder what happened to the floats, they must have been broken up after awhile which seems like a waste after only a couple of summers, maybe someone out there knows?  At the time I was surprised when DLP took the Imaginations parade off and replaced it with an older parade. It can't of had many fans.
Ed & David

Scissorsboi

The parade is so beautifully designed and made, full of colour and class which seems to be missing from Magic on Parade.. it's a shame this wasn't sent to Epcot, as I imagine it would have been a long runner if they could get a parade route in World Showcase!

A shame we'll never see a parade of this size before too, am I right in thinking the heights of these floats are the reason the Christmas arches in Main St stopped being used?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.