New security checks in the resort hub

Started by Josh, July 07, 2012, 01:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven_29

A great improvement, I really hated to be checked over and over again. All they need now is some nice structures to replace the tents.
Don\'t close your eyes, DARE TO DREAM!

isani

Quote from: "Sven_29"All they need now is some nice structures to replace the tents.

I agree. Near Hotel New York, they've transformed a small existing themed building into a security checkpoint. It looks much nicer than the tents. (I wonder what that little shelter was originally for?)

Also, I'd like to see permanent, themed signs. Dear Disney, more of this please:

Kristof

Photos from past weekend of the reworked "center court". Construction was still on going:

And look who we have here:

littlemermaid83

I thought Disney owned this area now which means they can't tout there crap anymore?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Kristof

Well it depends how much Euro Disney got. If it's just the strip behind the new fences, I guess we're still stuck with them.

Columbiad

I wonder if there is any chance of the Disney Village arch being reworked into a "Disneyland Paris Parks and Resorts" sign?

Josh

Quote from: "Kristof"Well it depends how much Euro Disney got. If it's just the strip behind the new fences, I guess we're still stuck with them.
But how would they actually get there? Surely the only way to get to that side of the resort hub is via the train or car park. If you want to just walk into the resort hub, don't you have to access it from the roundabout next to the IMAX theatre? They would get stopped by security if they passed through that way. :?

Oh well. :| At least people coming from the Disney Hotels won't have to confront them.

Anyway, great photos, as usual. :D Were the security checks still at the Disneyland Park gates?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Kristof

Likely they take the RER or have someone drop them of by the train station.

Yes, they still did the checks at the Disneyland Park gate, as well as near the Disney Village Dome and Disney's Hotel New York.

littlemermaid83

So if I'm coming from the bus stop I will still see these people selling there plastic rubbish? eurgh.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Martyn

Whilst the fencing does look nice (and its good to see the WDS gates again), its still all a bit of a mess IMO. We all do enough walking at the parks during the day and now when we leave the parks we have to walk the long around to the Village, just so they can temp us into the World of Disney Store.

Its just wrong.

lynny

i like the new security checks cause basically once you.ve gone through one as in walknig from hotel new york you dont get checked again??? am i right????
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

captain rocket

Wherever you come from you only have one check to go through now.

Adam

According to NewsDLRP, the rest of the works have been postponed after a judge stopped them! Have a look @ http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlp-12891-contr ... isien.html (in French)

Whilst I can appreciate what they are saying, the new fencing makes a lot of sense and works much better than having to go through the security again and the sellers!

However, they could have done it a bit nicer - with the entrance to Disney Village now used as an exit only and fencing everyone, it isn't quite as a magical anymore!

Josh

Quote from: "Google Translate"The Administrative Court of Melun occurred last Thursday on the work of the past few weeks by Euro Disney on the esplanade in front of the park.

Following an order of the President, the work consists in adding gates and checkpoints were stopped.

Interlocutory proceedings judicial allows Justice to order interim measures that preserve rights, prevent injury or to stop unlawful disorder.

The judge took the view that because of the easily reversible construction and progress of the project, the safety commission and the commission of accessibility should have been consulted regarding the addition of these checkpoints.

In addition, the judge noted that "the esplanade is assigned to direct public use" and belongs to "public domain". It is indeed one of the main entrances to the train station and RER Chessy.

The elected SAN Val d'Europe were satisfied that their decision was right. Euro Disney in turn justifies the installation of these checkpoints to improve security ...

The legal battle is not over, it is in effect a temporary decision. An appeal has been filed with the court to set aside the deed of purchase of the plaza by Euro Disney which has recently become the owner.
I thought this was going to be a human rights issue, but some of this seems to be more to do with health and safety, which is a bit ridiculous. :|

And the train station can still be accessed via an underground tunnel, right?

I wonder who the party is that's going against Disney. Since the trial is an appeal to the decision to allow Disney to purchase the resort hub, I hope this can be resolved without Disney losing the rights to the land.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

pussinboots

It's not a health-and-safety thing, that was just mentioned as part of the rights and duties of the authority (don't ask me how French law works.) I think the issue is simply that the court believes the esplanade belongs to the public domain since it is after all a public train station and not just Disney's private guest express.

I just heard a story about a local who parked his car at the Vinci structure with the intention of taking his dog on the train. Since pets are not allowed at Disney, he couldn't cross the esplanade. That to me is a serious flaw in this new little configuration...