Character performers "strike" action - 15th/16th May 2012

Started by Patrick, May 15, 2012, 07:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

It seems the strikers are back, as InsideDLParis has just reported that the entertainment department have gone an unannounced strike.  This has caused the cancellation of Magic on Parade, and all I can say is I would not want to be in Cafe Mickey tonight, as apparently no characters are appearing there either tonight.  :?

SpaceRanger06

As a CM in the Parade department this has nothing to do with the normal union strikes. This is being done due to a serious situation within the department that has happened between two CM's. This is nothing to do with money or demands but for the well being of safety. I'm not allowed to reveal the truth but if you knew you'd fully agree with our decision. We have never striked before for money or silly demands, we have always tried our hardest to put on a Parade for the paying guests but today was a one off that we had to do. Our department is one of the finest within the resort.

Quote from: "Patrick"It seems the strikers are back, as InsideDLParis has just reported that the entertainment department have gone an unannounced strike.  This has caused the cancellation of Magic on Parade, and all I can say is I would not want to be in Cafe Mickey tonight, as apparently no characters are appearing there either tonight.  :?

Josh

Thanks for signing up to tell us. I thought it was strange that the entertainment department was striking. I hope whatever it is gets sorted out soon. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

littlemermaid83

Due to EPC striking Annual Pass with Meet Mickey has been cancelled today according to insideDLParis.

I knew entertainment wouldn't strike unless it was over something serious.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

gldc

So the reason was revealed on the french news France 3 last night...sexual harrassment. It's serious, as the man who has done this appears to have done it a few times and DLP have not fired him.

The parade could be cancelled once again today apparently, as well as the train.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "gldc"So the reason was revealed on the french news France 3 last night...sexual harrassment. It's serious, as the man who has done this appears to have done it a few times and DLP have not fired him.

The parade could be cancelled once again today apparently, as well as the train.

And they let a man like this around children?!!! Makes my skin crawl.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

I've split this topic as the strikes this week are unconnected with earlier actions in April.

Currently it seems the opening ceremony of Meet Mickey Mouse is also on hold (DisneyGazette reports postponed until 4pm for now).

https://twitter.com/#!/InsideDLParis/st ... 0302108673

Anthony

The brief France 3 report is here, 12 minutes in: http://www.pluzz.fr/jt-19-20-paris-ile- ... 18h59.html

These signs have now appeared at all photo locations:

Source @InsideDLParis

Just to make clear, the strike today is affecting character-based attractions only: Meet Mickey Mouse, Princess Pavilion, Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train, Animagique, Café Mickey and Cowboy Cookout Barbecue so far; likely Disney's Stars 'n' Cars and Disney Magic on Parade too.

Cowboy Cookout is offering a 25% discount, reports @Magic__Live.

Dreams will obviously be unaffected.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I hope it gets resolved soon as the parade was really great when we saw it last week, and not something you want people to miss, but understandable given the circumstances.

As an aside, Meet Mickey Mouse looks fantastic, and what a shame it may not happen today as the weather looks perfect.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

eduws

Oh god, I really hope this gets resolved quickly as I am taking my 1,3and 4 year olds out on Monday and our entire trip is based around meeting characters as they aren 't terribly interested in the rides.

ulak

Can we hope for opening "Mickey Meet n greet" this week??
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Anthony

One thing they really, really need, and this comes up every time there's a situation like this, is an official corporate Twitter account, blog or newsfeed for Euro Disney SCA. That way they could easily provide a company statement regarding the issue, which might not be suitable to post on the guest-focused @Disney_ParisEN/@Disney_ParisFR accounts. They've both been deathly silent today despite advertising the Meet Mickey Mouse opening ceremony yesterday - it could have been good to at least note the postponement, for visitors who don't follow the fansite accounts...

At this moment, it's really impossible to say how long this may or may not take to be resolved.

littlemermaid83

I think this will probably go on until the man in question has been removed from his post.

ulak

:cry:
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

eduws

Surely DLP will want this resolved ASAP? In the event of it not being resolved by next week are they likely to offer any sort of compensation to their visitors?