Character performers "strike" action - 15th/16th May 2012

Started by Patrick, May 15, 2012, 07:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneydad23

Hi

As a parent of one of the cast members.

This is very disturbing news. We hope that this gets resolved quickly as that's not what the cast are there for.

They signed up to entertain .

Not be put in a impossible position.   :cry:

dlpfan1992

Surly DLP will resolve this quickly.  :?

Anthony

Small update:

@InsideDLParis reports that although Disney's Stars 'n' Cars has so far been cancelled, Animagique has been showing today and the Inventions buffet does still have characters present. You could also still see Mickey and the gang in puppet form at Playhouse Disney.

eduws

Is the Auberge effected?

eduws

Quote from: "Disneydad23"Hi

As a parent of one of the cast members.

This is very disturbing news. We hope that this gets resolved quickly as that's not what the cast are there for.

They signed up to entertain .

Not be put in a impossible position.   :cry:

It must be awful for them. I will be devastated and my holiday will be ruined if this isn't resolved before next week, but I wouldn't dream of blaming the Cast Members. You just wouldn't sign up to that sort of job if you weren't committed to providing a magical experience for the guests. Last time we were out there it was January and freezing. The princesses were turning blue! You'd only put yourself through that for the love of it!

Disneydad23

My child has been on the phone in tears...

saying all i want to do is my job,

They have no idea how long it will last?

they want it sorted as much as the visitors.....

_Natalie_x

Todays animagique show at 3pm was cancelled. The theatre was full to brimming, then at 2:59, all exits were opened and an automated message said "due to unforseen circumstances, todays show is cancelled". Then everyone had to leave..
I cant help thinking it could be handled a little better. Cast who have no connection to the entertainment department are being screamed at by angry guests at something beyond their control. Not that I dont appreciate the matter is serious for the parade cast. Really hope everything is sorted soon its a little intense and the magic is swiftly fleeing!!!! :(
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

dlpfan1992

Hopefully this will make DLP management wake up. This what happens when you let problems fester.  :roll:

ulak

What do you mean?  :cry:  Is some chance for normal entertainment with opening "Mickey" for this weekend??  :?
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Anthony

Tweet from @Lau_Ravenswood (Cast Member):

QuoteFin de la grève annoncée, les négociations ont abouties ! Retour à la normale dès demain à @Disney_ParisFR
End of the strike announced, negotiations have concluded. Return to normal tomorrow at Disneyland Paris!

ulak

Quote from: "Anthony"Tweet from @Lau_Ravenswood (Cast Member):

QuoteFin de la grève annoncée, les négociations ont abouties ! Retour à la normale dès demain à @Disney_ParisFR
End of the strike announced, negotiations were successful. Return to normal tomorrow at Disneyland Paris!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!  :)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

dlpfan1992

Good news!  :thumbs:

lilfencer09

I am glad it has been resolved. However the wonderful CM's should not of had to strike to make managment sort out the horrible situation. Management should have sorted it out quickly after the first incident. My minnie ears go off to the wonderful CM's who make the parks what they are. You do an amazing job, keep up the good work.
Febuary 2004 - Day vist
July 2005 - Day Vist
June/July 2010 -  Santa Fe Hotel.
September 2011 - Hotel New York - Best mates 21st Birthday trip.

18th - 21st June 2012 - New Port Bay Club - Admerials Floor, Lakeside view - My 21st Birthday Trip

Anthony

Also being reported by FishMan and miss_winnie92 on Disney Central Plaza, with some emphasis on the "should" be back to normal operation tomorrow. And apparently the "strike" should be inverted commas too, as it was really "un droit de retrait" - a "right of withdrawal"? - rather than a true strike like those seen last month.

Apparently people waiting for the Meet Mickey Mouse inauguration were kept waiting even when, according to miss_winnie92, management "knew very well" it would not be happening today. I'm still finding it odd that none of the official Facebook or Twitter accounts have at least posted a message to say the opening has been postponed to a future date, since they announced it would be opening today several times.

I don't think any of the criticism here will be falling on the character performers.

dlpfan1992

Quote from: "Anthony"Also being reported by FishMan and miss_winnie92 on Disney Central Plaza, with some emphasis on the "should" be back to normal operation tomorrow. And apparently the "strike" should be inverted commas too, as it was really "un droit de retrait" - a "right of withdrawal"? - rather than a true strike like those seen last month.

Apparently people waiting for the Meet Mickey Mouse inauguration were kept waiting even when, according to miss_winnie92, management "knew very well" it would not be happening today. I'm still finding it odd that none of the official Facebook or Twitter accounts have at least posted a message to say the opening has been postponed to a future date, since they announced it would be opening today several times.

I don't think any of the criticism here will be falling on the character performers.
So management think its acceptable to mislead guests.  :roll: