Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show — Disney Village

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLRP Roundup!

Definitely turn up early and experience the song and dance in the bar, definitely gets you in a better mood for the show :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

joanneball

Hello.  Can anybody advise if there are any AP offers on at the present time for dining at Buffalo Bill's.  We went in December and because it was the Birthday month of one of the pass holders there was a further discount.  We are going on Saturday 25 for one week.  Unfortunately, it is nobody's Birthday this time but I wondered if there may be some other offers there (or anywhere else)?

JediBUZ

We have booked the show but I'm considering upgrading to 1st category. Im not worried about the cost as we'll only ever go the once so I guess the nearer the better. However the thought of all the dust being kicked up, my thinking is the nearer you are the worst it will be.  Does anyone have any experiences you could share regarding this.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

julesk

Quote from: "JediBUZ"We have booked the show but I'm considering upgrading to 1st category. Im not worried about the cost as we'll only ever go the once so I guess the nearer the better. However the thought of all the dust being kicked up, my thinking is the nearer you are the worst it will be.  Does anyone have any experiences you could share regarding this.

We went two weeks ago and did 1st Category, we where second row. You dont get to pick once your in, well we didnt. A cast member take you to your seat, but get there early as possible. I wasent worried about spending the extra money either and always upgrade if we can but its really not worth it. Its hard to explain, but in parts I wish we had been cat 2 as the charactors spent most of there time doing the presenting bits from that end. Plus when they use the oppersit end exit, you would see more in cat 2. The food was the same in both, no better service. I waited over an hour for a drink and the lady next to me waited ages for cutlery. But otherwise it was a good night, just hard to concentrate on food and show plus a child at the same time. Yet for our 5 yr old daughter, it was better than the princess meal. She is still talking about it now and desperate to do it again. Even the toy story toys have come back out!  :D As for the dust, really dont worry at all. Not even the front row had problems. It was only when the buffallos came out and maybe when they where doing the horse team races (which was my fav bit) I was worried about the dust but its fine. No matter where you are in the seating, the cast members keep you involved at all times. Have a great time  :)

gemmasteele84

we were in catagory 2 and front row. Its not like 1st at the front and 2nd at the back, but the 'face on' seats are 1st and side ones 2nd. But tbh the price difference I seriously don't think its worth it as you can see everything from everywhere anyway. As for the dust its really not a problem. :) My daughter has asthma and she has no problems what so ever. :)

JediBUZ

Thanks for both of your replies.  I'll probably not be upgrading and just try to be early so i'm not placed right at the back.  
Just a quick question to those been in cat 1, the complementary non alcoholic cocktail is not a deal clincher?
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

julesk

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"we were in catagory 2 and front row. Its not like 1st at the front and 2nd at the back, but the 'face on' seats are 1st and side ones 2nd. But tbh the price difference I seriously don't think its worth it as you can see everything from everywhere anyway. As for the dust its really not a problem. :) My daughter has asthma and she has no problems what so ever. :)

We where 1st cat and side on view.

julesk

Quote from: "JediBUZ"Thanks for both of your replies.  I'll probably not be upgrading and just try to be early so i'm not placed right at the back.  
Just a quick question to those been in cat 1, the complementary non alcoholic cocktail is not a deal clincher?

No it was basically orange juice, which I couldnt even drink as allergic to citrus fruit. There was no extra sweet treats either as advertised just before we went.

Zee79

I wouldn't say Cat 1 was worth what you pay. We were Cat 2 in May this year and had a brilliant view and were treated no differently. A row of Cat 1 was sat in front of us- they had easier access when getting out during the performance and a glass of juice and that was it. We all got unlimited drinks during the performance.

gemmasteele84

We where 1st cat and side on view.[/quote]

Wonder what the difference is then as we were cat 2 and first row :s

julesk

There is a seating plan on the DLRP official website but I cant get one small enough to put on here I'm afraid. I watched a few you tube videos and was worried about being down the far end, where the charactors enter which is why we did cat 1. Yet it really wouldnt have mattered at all. We are planning on going an extra night next year,  just to squeeze the show in again.   ;)

BoristheSpider

Is this show enjoyable for childless adults or is it more for children?
Also, don't mean to sound silly but is the show mainly in French?

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: BoristheSpider on September 16, 2013, 12:11:09 AM

Aimed at both and more in English :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

BoristheSpider

Quote from: Trekkie101 on September 16, 2013, 12:25:21 AM
Quote from: BoristheSpider on September 16, 2013, 12:11:09 AM

Aimed at both and more in English :)

Thank you :-)

polar vixen

The show is fantastic for both adults, and children, my hubby loves it, and is largely in English, so there's no difficulty understanding it.  On our lat visit, they upgraded us from 2nd to 1st category on arrival, and even gave us a free seat and meal for my 2 year old son (which would have cost 40 Euros to book)  We were very pleased!  Staff couldn't have been more accommodating.  I left my bag in the little shop, (with my purse and all our spending money in).  After realizing and having a minor heart attack 10 minuites later we returned, to find they had took it to one of the stores in the village, and we got it back!  Relieved is an understatement.  Couldn't have been happier with the night