What is your least pleasurable DLRP experience?

Started by Masamune, December 28, 2006, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicoledlrp

we have been pushed, shoved, leaned on, stood on, smoked on, spilled on,had our luggage misplaced in the left luggage at the cheyenne,had our booking lost at the cheyenne, got no breakfast at the holiday inn because three bus tours of japanese ate almost everything, got a room next to a drunken divorcing couple at the explorers hotel who locked their kids out so they could fight, got stuck in a flooded car park at the newport bay club,got the car bashed at the davey crockett car park, lost a park pass at the disneyland hotel, lost a purse at the sequoia lodge,had to be rescued from peter pans flight, got snowed in at the movenpick dream castle and over run by ants at the davey crockett but we luv dlrp we just cant help going back again and again and again, especially to the new york because nothing bad ever happened to us there.

Masamune

@ Wendy - :lol: That's very weird indeed.

@ Minnie - :) Thankfully, littering seems to be quite a rarity at DLRP. A few times I've seen kids throw stuff on the floor, but their parents tend to pick it up straight after.

@ nicole: :shock: Ouch, you seem to be very unlucky at DLRP! :D It's good to hear that you don't let that stop you from going though.

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Masamune"@ Minnie - :) Thankfully, littering seems to be quite a rarity at DLRP. A few times I've seen kids throw stuff on the floor, but their parents tend to pick it up straight after.

It used to be quite a rarity... I remembered the park as being very tidy. However, on my last trip well over a week ago, there was litter everywhere... I was amazed, especially by the fact that the parents never seemed to care! "Oh, our daughter is throwing her plastic bottles out onto the theming surrounding the Big Thunder Mountain queue area, let's look away now and ignore her..." I swear that's an example of what they must have thought, if they gave it any second thought at all.  :wink:
I wouldn't dream of degrading Disney property. But apparently there are enough people who don't care about ruining the magical experience.  :(
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Soap

Had a bit of the same experience last visit. People are so easy in throwing stuff around....i hate it! Sometimes it looks as if i'm working as a CM picking up all that stuff and throwing it in a garbage can. It isn't that hard to find one is it?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

GeoffD

when we were there the Lake around Big Thunder Mountain was horrible due to the litter..

Angela

little one here just turned for this month but when he has something he wants to get rid of.. he just gives it to me.. as he knows already that he cannot throw it on the ground.... it is just something you teach them when they are little I think.. respect for otherman's property and respect for nature :)

tubbsy

Its even better when your little one shouts
"Look Mummy, they have just thrown litter on the floor. Arent they naughty? And theres a bin over there!"

Robs done it a few times in town and its funny watching the guilty adult scuttle back and pick the piece fo rubbish up and pop it in the bin. :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anonymous

When I first went, back in 94, there were people wandering around the park all the time picking litter up, and it was very clean.

I thought standards had dropped when I went  back in March 06, but I thought they were back to old standards this year - in March 07.

The whole park seemed to be getting a makeover in anticipation of the 15th anniversary.

I suppose you've got to appreciate the size of the park and the number of visitors, and they can't always clear up all the litter immediately. But people should take more care - sadly, many don't care as much as us - it's just another day out for alot of visitors there - not the magical place it is for all of us Disney fans.

loulou

my worst time at disneyland was when i got food poisioning from rainforest cafe, apart from that we have been really lucky when we go

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

sydney71

Hi,

Just back from trip and it was fantastic.  tho have to admit the que jumping does annoy you.  After  days of being pushed and shoved you certainly have had enough.  Is a shame as it does dampen the whole experience.  No one wants to que but it is a matter of course at theme parks.  We were lucky and didn't face long ques but the pushing was still very annoying.  It angers me that people think that they should not have to que and think it perfectly acceptable to push past you and shove you.  
Our worst experience was one German family who nearly pushed my mum out of her seat in Animagic!  Just plain rude.

teresam

Quote from: "tubbsy"Its even better when your little one shouts
"Look Mummy, they have just thrown litter on the floor. Arent they naughty? And theres a bin over there!"

Robs done it a few times in town and its funny watching the guilty adult scuttle back and pick the piece fo rubbish up and pop it in the bin. :lol:
#
ha ha i have a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old and the older one says that...i mena even my 2 yr old gives me his rubbish and doesnt drop it.

goofyvillain

We've just got back from our holiday in Disneyland Paris (I arrived back home in the early hours of this morning and have had little sleep, so apologises if I don't make sense here  :wink: ), and it was an enjoyable experience as always apart from 2 incidents.

The first one occured in the Disneyland Park itself. When we went in May, we managed to see the Candlebration show 2 times, and thoroughly enjoyed it, so decided that when the Magic Hours were on, we would stop back and see the show again. We got up to the Town Square in plenty of time and went to the side of the stage thinking that was were the disabled space would be (I am currently in a wheelchair), but when we got there, there was no space roped off. By the time the show was about to start, a fair number of people had pushed in front of me, and suddenly, I couldn't see the show. We also noticed a several number of other people in wheelchairs who where nearer Casey's Corner and Frontierland entrance then the stage. When we asked at City Hall if there was a section disabled for the Candlebration show, we were told 'Sorry, we can't put a section for disabled, as we don't have enough staff to man it'. Now I've noticed that at Parades, they have 1, maybe 2 Castmembers at the disabled section, so surely they would have the same for Candlebration?

The second incident took place in the Walt Disney Studios. We went to the Toon Studios section, and went to have a photo took with Emile from Ratatouille. When we went towards the queue, the photographer noticed us, and motioned for us to go to the exit so we could go for a photo. The Castmember with Emile came over, and my Dad asked if she spoke English (we can speak French, but not a lot!), to which she shook her head to say no. She then turned round in perfect English and ask 'Do you have the Blue Pass?', which we showed her right away. She then asked if we had any more proof I was disabled, and when we asked what more proof she would need, she proceeded to yell at us in Spanish. She was yelling louder and louder, flapping her arms about, and even had a go at the photographer (who stepped in to try and calm her down). When we said we didn't like the way we were treated and were going to report her, she replied 'I don't care'. I think it was pretty shabby treatment to give to any person.

Despite these 2 incidents, we still had a wonderful time, and can't wait to go back soon. I will post some photos up from it soon.  :D

Masamune

@ goofy - :shock: I'm shocked by the first incident, but I'm completely bowled over by the second one! :roll: People like that should be fired.

PetiteSirene

I didnt really had a really bad experience, the only thing I tought was bad was when they brought the characters that were not one of the main characters the cast members didnt form a queue.

I know I am considered a little old to want autographs (I personally dont think so) but it was horrible, all the kids were pushing me out of the way and I couldnt get near! Never mind get a decent photo :(

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Atlantica

Ive said this before, but when you go to get autographs, you can get pushed around my mothers trying to make sure that their child gets an autograph first.

I love getting pictures and autographs, but the thought does cross my mind that I'm too old for it when I see all these children wanting the same thing  :oops: , and the mothers look at you as if they are thinking the same thing as well!

But still, If I see a character, I will always go and ask for pics etc. Sometimes, even though its DisneyLand, you have to be a little forceful !