What is your least pleasurable DLRP experience?

Started by Masamune, December 28, 2006, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketBabyDoll

I only went to get one photo with Eeyore during my whole trip and nearly didn't get one. I would have been third in line but there were always children (and teenagers) pushing in front of me and mothers shoving their children past me to get autographs. I already allowed a lot of children to get a photo before me because I'm nice like that, but I also wanted one. I guess I never would have gotten a pic, but Eeyore must have seen me standing there forever never being allowed to get a photo with him and at one point he just came to me and posed for a photo with me.  :)
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

PetiteSirene

It is great when the character notice that you have been waiting a long time. I think some of the appreciate that some of us older 'kids' want to join in the fun too!

Unfortunatly Europeans are not known for their queuing skills (sorry all you europeans out there!) They should do as in th US parks and get the cast members to enforce a queue. I didnt mind waiting since I knew I would get quality time alone with them!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Masamune

:lol: If I see a character I'm desperate to meet, I don't care who gets in my way. I'm not rude or anything, I happily wait for my turn... :roll: but at the same time, I won't allow myself to be pushed aside or pushed back. :P Once I've planted myself, I ain't moving until I've either got a pic/autograph or if the character has to leave. :)

Angela

Because I like characters to and like to get autographs.... I always book me and little one a character meal or breakfast (last time even 4 times) so we get all the attention and autographs and changes to taken our picture with... No pushing what so ever....

tubbsy

We do that too, but I always find people hanging round your table trying to butt in to get their kids an autograph and photo. :roll: I just want to shout "Sit down people , they will come around to you!"
We always do the first sitting at breakfast as people dont like getting up early in the morning. Lat time there were seven families to seven characters! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anonymous

I think the best way to see characters is the meet and greets, because then you at least get a couple of minutes alone with the characters. You might have to queue and wait for a while, but if it is that 'special' character (like Belle  8) ), it's worth it.

Although even doing that, there are some rude people. I was queuing to see Belle the other week, had been waiting ages, and then when it got to my turn, the family behind let their kids run out in front of me and they all pushed in.

I turned around to them and said, what do you think I'd been waiting for, and they just turned around and said they didn't realise I was on my own queuing. Don't know what they thought I was doing there - okay, you might not get many men on their own queuing to meet the princesses, but is there an age limit on being a Disney fan and wanting to meet characters? It was obvious I wasn't with anyone else, and I'd been stuck in the queue in front of them all the time.

I just told them to go in front of me at that point, you can't expect them to pull their kids back, but people should be a bit more restrained. They are all going to meet them in the end.

A similar thing happened on the Friday, I was queuing to meet Aurora, and they swapped her with Belle (but it was the Belle I'd already met on Thursday), so I asked the castmember if I could wait for Aurora to come back, and they said it was fine.

So I sat to one side for awhile, and then when they did changeover, the castmember said to people who were waiting something along the lines that 'this gentleman has been waiting to see Aurora so he's first', but a family still rushed in and pushed in front of me.

Neither of them really spoiled things for me, the Princesses were very nice when I did meet them and were very obliging in posing for a number of photo's, but I just wish people would be a bit more patient at times at Disney.

PetiteSirene

I think the problem with the characters is that they ones I met when I visited at DLRP I only met because they were wandering around the park, I wasnt actually searching the park for them, they just happened to be there and I turned up.

It seems sad that people push people out of the way when people have waited for so long, I also feel sorry for the poor characters who come out and are suddenly flooded by hundreds of kids shoving books in their faces!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Anonymous

I never really understood the appeal in getting 'autographs'. Meeting characters and having a photograph is one thing, but getting their autograph is a bit strange. Although I suppose to the kids, it really is that character they're meeting.

Although having said that, some of the girls who play the Princesses are very good and in character. Just thinking about the Belle I met on the Wednesday and the Cinderella I met, and when they struck some poses for me to take their photo's, and they were right out of Disney Princess merchandising materials.

So I guess in a way, I really did meet Belle and Cinders. :)

EmoK

I'm just wondering, all these bad experiences of que jumping and not being able to get autographs/photo's etc. have you all experienced these during quieter periods?

I've only been to DLRP 3 times and I've never had a single bad experience what so ever but the 3 times I have been have been quiet (no school holidays or important dates etc)

My next trip is during a school holiday so I'm really hoping that it's not as bad as some of you have said!! :?

[/url]

Anonymous

Yes, all during quiet periods.

:?

EmoK

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Yes, all during quiet periods.

:?

Oh Dear.
well hopefully I won't have any issues with pushing and que jumping just like all the other times I've been

*fingers crossed*

[/url]

Anonymous

Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad, but there are almost always a few incidents with impatient people, whether it's queuing in a shop, waiting to meet a character or queuing for a ride. Best of it is, when it's quiet, there really isn't any need for people to be rude and impatient.

clarabella

I was waiting in line to meet n greet Belle and a disabled person arrived at the gate so obviously they went to spend some time with them so they went down to greet them. They got swarmed by all the Spanish people coming out of the line, it was so rude an so unfair, so another English woman and myself moved forward as they moved out of the line... next thing I knew I was being pushed and shoved as they thought they could go back to their place. The other womans young daughter got knocked down and bumped her head against the wall of the stage. I've never witnessed anything like it it was shocking, there was a CM there and they did nothing, didn't even bat an eyelid.

The same thing happened in Halloween land with Daisy Duck a severly disabled child came to see Daisy, whilst she was doing her best to give him attention there were Spanish children pushing in the way and parents pushing their children in the way. I think she got a bit fed up and refused to sign anything and pose for pics so the cast member took her away.

I know some Europeans values vary from others but I'm sure they realise when people deserve some attention more than others. It's the height of bad manners what they did.

Nala_84

I really do not have anything against other nations, countries etc. But I can only agree with you, clarabella, because there were also very much Spanish families in the resort during our last trip (let me be wrong, but it was surely about 80, 90% at the hotel?!) - and I also had situations like these, not that bad though, but they also always pushed other people away to get more forward while waiting for meet&greet a character.  
I recognized that the Spanish temperament is very different from others, they often seemed to be pretty impatient and didn't think of other people around them. I wondered there were so much Spanish people because they didn't have school holidays when we went there, but they had also school kids with them... I guess in the future there will really be much more Spanish visitors than before! Let's hope they learn to wait properly in queues, at least the ones who don't know how to behave in queues at the moment  :roll:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

RnRCj

My least pleasurable experience from my last trip was when I got off Cars - I walked past one of the other cars to get to the exit and this boy kicked his leg out right into my *Family Forum* :lol: What really annoyed me was when his mum didn't tell him off but she just gave me a really evil stare as if I'd done it to the boy!