Disney Magic on Parade!

Started by Poppy The Monkey, September 24, 2011, 09:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrh

In the DLRP Today article for Magic On Parade, it said that the parade has a show stop. Where is it? Thanks!

Auroura86

Hi, I'm new to this forum but been reading it for some time now. I have to say that I love the new parade. Seeing it on youtube, the opening float hasn't bothered me. What has is the fact that Pluto and Daisy have been replaced by Duffy. It actually bothers me so much that on dlrptoday's story i've called Duffy an abomination. I'm sorry, but at Christmas, by all means let him ionto the parades and such, but to remove 2 VIP characters, in order to put a bear there, I'm sorry that is so wrong. So very wrong. My life revolves around my son, and Disney. And to see this it's actually really really upset me.

Bad notes aside, I absolutely love the segways, I love the fianle float, and I love that Rapunzel is now in the parade. It's disappointing to lose 2 of the princesses, but you never know they might pop up somewhere there in the future.

Tinkerbell, now, on the pictures I saw before the video, I thought that was a model. Then I saw the video and I have to say she looks so cramped in there. Get her with Peter Pan in her Neverland roots :) And to hear they had Donald in there yesterday, the poor cast member in that costume having to squeeze in there. wow.

It's early days yet though I suppose, and this is what this week is for, to see what works in front of the crowd and move things about. Lets hope on the launch, it'll all be a lot more magical!
Where me keys? Where me phone?

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "ed-uk"But would many people compare the castle float to the original? The castle is the symbol of DLP, so why not feature it on a float to celebrate the parks 20th birthday.

Sure, why not, if it's done well! It doesn't have to look real but at least use an appealing design.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

littlemermaid83

Getting fed up of hearing all the Duffy bashing.   We need to be able to embrace change and its good to see new characters on the parade.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Auroura86

its good to see new characters but not when they're being prioritised over major characters. most people dopnt even know who Duffy is! A lot of people I know have seen the videos and said who on earth is that? It's just really upsetting that they've made room for a bear that okay maybe loads have heard of him, but the majority havent. I go to Disneyland every single year and I've never seen him before! Other than christmas photos and videos. I'm sorry I'm just really really upset and let down that he's there, and that means Pluto and Daisy have been shoved aside

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Auroura86"its good to see new characters but not when they're being prioritised over major characters. most people dopnt even know who Duffy is! A lot of people I know have seen the videos and said who on earth is that? It's just really upsetting that they've made room for a bear that okay maybe loads have heard of him, but the majority havent. I go to Disneyland every single year and I've never seen him before! Other than christmas photos and videos. I'm sorry I'm just really really upset and let down that he's there, and that means Pluto and Daisy have been shoved aside

Well the only way for people to get to know him is to get him out there like they do with other new Disney characters. How do new characters stand a chance when all they do is get bashed and insulted?

Daisy and Pluto have not been pushed aside, for once Daisy wasn't even in DOUD parade.  You can see them both on the new celebration train.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Auroura86

I know she wasn't in DOUD parade, but when we saw the promo pics for this year that had Daisy and Pluto on there, we just really looked forward to seeing her. I know they're both on the train, but They should be with the other VIP characters on that parade, even if it's walking not on the float. you know?

And most people I know cant afford to get to the parks. They view videos and can't get their heads around why there's a random bear there.

I'm starting to come round to the idea, i'd just much rather see him not on that particular float.  

Don't get me wrong, he's cute, and he's a character. But in what? The parks yes but not much else.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Auroura86"I know she wasn't in DOUD parade, but when we saw the promo pics for this year that had Daisy and Pluto on there, we just really looked forward to seeing her. I know they're both on the train, but They should be with the other VIP characters on that parade, even if it's walking not on the float. you know?

And most people I know cant afford to get to the parks. They view videos and can't get their heads around why there's a random bear there.

I'm starting to come round to the idea, i'd just much rather see him not on that particular float.  

Don't get me wrong, he's cute, and he's a character. But in what? The parks yes but not much else.

Even if someone cant afford to go to the park there is enough information out there on Duffy. He isn't a "random" bear he has a back story, which people seem to forget about.

I know alot of people think he is a money making bear, but lets not forget the whole Disney franchise is about making money.

Concept art is just that, concept art that is subject to change.
I'm really happy he is being featured on the parade.

Auroura86

The thing is, to many, he is just that, a random bear. They don't know who he is so haven't looked up his back story before going. even my fiance is now asking me who the bear is. I know it's kind of sad that there's a few of us "bashing" him, but at the end of the day, that float should have always been for the key Disney characters. I don't want to bash him. And really I am extremely sorry for what I called him, but I was very peed off when I saw he was there, and 2 of the main characters, ones that mean so much to so many people, much more than Duffy does right now, and much more than he probably ever will (unless he gets some heavy publicity in films and such).

Pluto and Daisy are iconic characters. I just think it would be nice if we could have them both in this parade

15MagicalYears

I'm really shocked they're allowing this to be seen from within the park, talk about ruining the magic.

(Photo from DisneyCentralPlaza forum).

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I'm really shocked they're allowing this to be seen from within the park, talk about ruining the magic.

Ouch! That is horrible to see, I hope they get that sorted soon  :( What a magic-killer!

ilovedisneylandparis

Also, have just watched the full parade on Youtube - I felt like I'd 'got into it' by about the Winnie the Pooh float, but before that it felt weirdly awkward and (I don't mean this to sound mean or anything) the start seems really unimpressive :( I like the idea of the fairies floating and it looks great, but just not to start it off, I don't think. It kind of seems to start off really uncertainly and then edge into the parade a bit more as it goes along. I don't like how the song repeats three times, either. I'm sure I'll love it when I'm there, because it's always more impressive in person, but watching the Once Upon a Dream parade had me in tears (good tears) whenever I watched it on Youtube, and this just doesn't have the same vibe for me :(

dagobert

Visitors definitely shouldn't see that. Sometimes it feels the park just opened because of such mistakes.

dagobert

Will that bear stay in the parade or was he just a one time replacement? Sorry to all who like him, but I can't stand Duffy and wish he wouldn't be part of the Disney universe.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if Duffy is a success at DLRP? From what I've read in the US he is still not that popular. In Tokyo people are crazy about him and I've never seen such long lines of people wanting to meet him.

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I'm really shocked they're allowing this to be seen from within the park, talk about ruining the magic.

I can't think of a single parade in the last 10 years where this hasn't been seen. If you want to see that and you are looking that way after the parade, you will see it.
There's little magic being broken here, Mickey is simply getting helped off the float because it is so high up. Correct me if I'm wrong but mickey can't fly, most kids know that? It's reasonable for him to get a bit of help? ;-)

With Meet Mickey we are going to go "backstage" to his makeup room. This is just another time Mickey is backstage going about his normal business... ;-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!