Disney Magic on Parade!

Started by Poppy The Monkey, September 24, 2011, 09:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I also miss Dancin' A Catchy Rythm and for me the best parade song was All Around the World for the Imaginations Parade of 2000. However Magic Everywhere fails for me. I can't really explain it. Maybe it would be different if the parade in general would have been brand new. They just replaced some floats and so when I see it JLWDI comes to mind.

I have to say that I have problems with nearly all Disney daytime parade soundtracks. I didn't like them at WDW and Just Like We Dreamed it wasn't that good either, while I think Disney has never failed with the nighttime parade soundtracks. Even SpectroMagic was okay.

littlemermaid83

I thought the cast did a fantastic job, there are no doubts about that. It is just the music  on the constant loop and the cheap tacky flags attached onto the old floats. No need for it imo.

Also the new floats do not blend well with the others which makes it look a bit weird. It looks like a whole mish mash of a parade.

I'm sure it will grow on me......
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

captain rocket

Forgetting the music for now, the silly little flags with 20 on them look a silly! I love the way those fairies move and I am trying to work out how the prince & princesses carriages are controlled! I knew I would miss the villains float and the parade does look a little "light" without it! I also read somewhere that the Queen of hearts was being replaced with the white rabbitt, but I see them both together and hope that this will continue, it does'nt seem logical to drop a "main" character like her and leave the mad hatter in!

ford prefect

I agree about the flags, particularly the ones held by the giraffes!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Lorum

Even the first float looks a silly.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

nemo1981

I may be the only one here with that opinion, but I really really like the song a lot!!!

But then again I was never a fan of the music used in the OUPD...I liked the "Wonderful world of Disney parade" much more, mainly for the reason that they had just one song for the parade(Dancin a catchy rhythm). I think a "catchy tune" is necessary for a good parade, even if it`s repeated three times in a row. It does something to a parade, I always have the feeling "I am more into it then", i think it`s because of the constant beat of a song! And in my humble opinion a parade that is based on just one song creates a better mood in the audience. They start singing along, and dancing along, bacause the can`t "escape" the catchy song. However Dagobert is right, we all have different opinions....I just wanted to point out, that I like the concept of a parade with one song a looooooot more, and i look forward to seeing it in summer.

There is one downside to the parade for me though: the first float! I think it looks cheap and too "Barbie-ish"...

Oh well, that`s all i wanted to say:-))

Lorum

I've found out what is happening. European Disney fans suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. Yes, we do.

Why?

It's quite easy. We haven't got the chance to see a real Disney parade. I know most of you will disagree, well, I'm getting used to it.

Evidences

· Music on loop.
· Dancers and Characters don't provide enthusiasm and proffesionalism.
· Characters make childish movements (yes, once again).
· First float looks like the Halloween Pre-Parade float.

Possible Problems

· Disneyland Paris Entertainment Department is the most incompetent creative team in the Walt Disney Company.
· The choreographer does not mesure up to the expectation. Well.. I'm not being fair. The choreographer has improved her choreographies.
· The dancers a bit insipid, dull or unexciting.

You can suggest more..

I would like you to watch this parade from begining to end.
[youtube:7znaklhf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwwtOLSh_g[/youtube:7znaklhf]

If you don't have enough time, watch this moments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwwtOLSh_g#t=1m29s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwwtOLSh_g#t=13m54s

Look at both drummers and dancers faces. They're happy. They're proud to dance on Main Street. There is an expression in Spanish "darlo todo" which means that people is giving or providing everything from themselves. And that's exactly what Americans do in their Disney parks. They're simply enjoying, don't you see?

There many great Cast Members at the Tower of Terror and The Phantom Manor who play their roles as professional actors, making special moments and memories. So it's obvious that the problem is the Entertainment Depatment.

We the European fans deserve better stage shows and parades. We enter this magic forum every single day in the hope that we would be able to see our park is improving. This story is not about negativity. This story is about disappoinment.

Robert97

Source: http://www.youtube.com/user/TonyCoasterrider

Show in 1080p
[youtube:2nyrmw9m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBEnC4gNr5U[/youtube:2nyrmw9m]

Lorum

I have to say something good.

What I like from the dancers is that they've learned the lyrics and they actually sing. Not everything is bad.

ford prefect

I have written some comments in blue within your quote

Quote from: "Lorum"I've found out what is happening. European Disney fans suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. Yes, we do.
Wow, quite an assertion.  I couldn't disagree more.  I defend Disney because they entertain me and I like what they do, otherwise I would not visit DLRP 2 times a year
Why?

It's quite easy. We haven't got the chance to see a real Disney parade. I know most of you will disagree, well, I'm getting used to it.
Bunkum. I have seen real Disney Parades in USA and Paris.
Evidences

· Music on loop.
· Dancers and Characters don't provide enthusiasm and proffesionalism.
· Princesses are so upright.
· Characters make childish movements (yes, once again).
· First float looks like the Halloween Pre-Parade float.
Sorry, but I have never experienced anything other than pure professionalism from the Characters.  The princess are (and I presume you meant upTight rather than upRight) charming and delightful. Characters make childish movements?  If by that you mean they make universally understood gestures in a way that facilitates communication with all ages and nationalities then I completely agree and well done them.

Possible Problems

· Disneyland Paris Entertainment Department is the most incompetent creative team in the Walt Disney Company.Sweeping and unreasonable.  Undoubtedly they have made mistakes (Mickey's Magical Party) however there have also been real gems
· The choreographer does not mesure up to the expectation. Well.. I'm not being fair. The choreographer has improved her choreographies. The problem now are..
· The dancers. Insipid, dull, unexciting people. Rude
· Casting Department for Dancers and Characters should disappear.
· Disney belongs to Americans. Never, Disney is American, however it has become part of world memory. If you truly believe that Disney belongs to Americans then you are siding with the initial opinions of DLP as a "culturel Chernobyl" a jingoistic opinion that was commonly expressed in the late 1980s early 90s about the resort

You can suggest more..

I would like you to watch this parade from begining to end.
Look at both drummers and dancers faces. They're happy. They're proud to dance on Main Street. There is an expression in Spanish "darlo todo" which means that people is giving or providing everything from themselves. And that's exactly what Americans do in their Disney parks. They're simply enjoying, don't you see?

There many great Cast Members at the Tower of Terror and The Phantom Manor who play their roles as professional actors, making special moments and memories. So it's obvious that the problem is the Entertainment Depatment.

We the European fans deserve better stage shows and parades. We enter this magic forum every single day in the hope that we would be able to see our park is improving. This story is not about negativity. This story is about disappoinment.

I think some of your comments are an insult to a lot of talented people who work long hours with low pay for the delight in performing.

Everyone will have different opinions about whether they like or dislike a production, however never insult the cast or production crew unless you understand the concept and the story or the circumstances of the production

WDW has produced its fair share of duff shows, the universally panned Block Party Bash being one of them.  However even that was not without artistic merit.  Disneyland Anaheim had a whole theme park which was derided.  DLRP does generally a good job with limited resources in a crippling financial situation.

A little context is needed.

DLP owes billions, the Walt Disney Company is facing severe hardship after a series of expensive flops (John Carter et al) We are lucky that DLP is still trading, frankly.

I welcome your opinions and respect your right to express them, however please consider the feelings of the professional cast members involved, many of who read this forum.

dazzle_v2003

I've watched the parade a few times and I really like it. I really like the song and think it creates the sense of celebration which is its intention. I love the new floats especially the hovering witches and Three fairies. I also love the princesses carriages and really would like to know how they have achieved that. Very clever!
I like how the choreography has been devised and think the choreography fits the song really well. This is the first showing of it so I imagine there will be changes made before it's grand opening this weekend.
I think all the cast members and performers did a great job and I feel strongly that we shouldn't be rude or disrespectful to them as they work long hours to perfect this parade and they all did a brilliant job!

ford prefect

Well said!

Glstitch

I think Lorum has a point. I agree with most of those points (exept with the actor-point because some CM's do show passion and exitment.) Let's just give my quick review , it probably will change when I've actually seen the parade but :
The three flying fairies look cool ! (I wish Lightning McQueen had that speed in MASS ;d) The float itself looks good exept for the plastich Barbie looking castle , then I'm not speaking about the golden elements and sign. The carriages look ok (for the person who was thinking about where's the driver -> I think he's in the horse...) . Weird decision to keep and even add Villains (Queen of Hearts and Hook) because they don't fit in the theme and storytelling of the parade. I never liked the dancers with the Magic/Dreams of Adventure float...even not when there holding a stick. The one thing I really like is the last float they did an amzing job on that but then they put Duffy on it ?? - (I like Duffy btw but only for M'n'G and merchandising). Love Tink but she looks uncomfterbale.

dazzle_v2003

I did think inside the horse but thought the space wouldn't be big enough for a person. Maybe I am wrong as they may be much bigger bigger in real life then on the video. The villians in the parade I was surprised about I have to admit after hearing the story of the parade especially with Hook replacing Wendy. Tinkerbell did look a bit cramped in that small space. I hope they don't take her out of the parade though as it was a lovely addition to the end of the parade.

Lorum

If you all think what I'm doing here is just insulting people, I won't participate on this forum anymore. Believe me.

@ford prefect. In fact, you are the one who insults and says "Rude, bunkums,..".

Quote from: "ford prefect"you are siding with the initial opinions of DLP as a "culturel Chernobyl" a jingoistic opinion that was commonly expressed in the late 1980s early 90s about the resort

No comments. I want to think you didn't understand "Disney belongs to Americans", and I'm not going to blame you for it. But I think this is another insult.

If you respect my comments, then prove it. Demagogy is dangerous. Popural, but dangerous.

Sometimes, we must say the bad things. If a dancer or a character is reading, they must know what we think. I'm not a hypocrite. I wouldn't make their job better, because I'm unable. Now, they're our last hope. And this is not a NGO.

What I said about Cast Members at ToT and PM is that they are truly great actors. They actually do a great job. The problem is the Entertainment Department, but not the dancers or the characters.