Disney Magic on Parade!

Started by Poppy The Monkey, September 24, 2011, 09:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauralouisemidwinter

I think this parade is brillient, fabulous new floats an amazing characters and outfits :)
Shame about the repeated song on a loop, what about a small collection of songs ... Playlist maybe :)
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

GrantR

I agree about the costumes! The finale dancers are BEAUTIFUL.

Elaine

love the scooty costumes, they really look like they are hoovering across the floor  :lol: !
erm .... what is Duffy doing in the parade - again?

15MagicalYears

Anyone else feel the need to start a petition for DLP to get a new Entertainment Department?

Festival Disney

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Anyone else feel the need to start a petition for DLP to get a new Entertainment Department?
Definitely.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

jrh

Quote from: "Elaine"[b]love the scooty costumes, they really look like they are hoovering across the floor  :lol[/b]: !
erm .... what is Duffy doing in the parade - again?
Are they walking or riding something?? looks like new tech. I never saw that before, at any disney park.

Columbiad

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that they are similar to Segways - see the way they lean slightly to move and steer?

gldc

I'm hoping the parade isnt shown in its full form at the moment and there i still some tweaking to do. i dont mind the song I actually quite like it as the characters are now dancing to one cohesive tune. However, cptn hook seemed very happy which didnt fit in with his character...

Also if this and the train are a taste of the 20th celebration then I just HOPE SO MUCH that Dreams doesnt let me down too. However that is a product of WDI and this isnt so we can only hope...
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Lorum

Quote from: "Festival Disney"
Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Anyone else feel the need to start a petition for DLP to get a new Entertainment Department?
Definitely.

This is what fans should do. But here and now! This is another disappointment made in DLP's Entertainment Department. Move those people to Parc Astérix! I'm sick of all these stupid creations. It's simply a step backwards. Look at those bees, what is that?
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

candydog

I'm not a fan of the music, but I rather like the new opening float and finale float. It's nice to see a fab five float which isn't just a generic castle like in most parks. I also love the zooming fairies and wizards - not sure how it's done but it's pretty cool.

One thing I don't like however is the fact that the villains' float wasn't replaced by something else. I know that they added some carriages for the princesses who got kicked off their own float, but it still has left the parade rather short, with only seven actual floats. I think that they should have stripped down the villains' unit and rebuilt it into something brand new, like a Beauty and the Beast/Sleeping Beauty float or something (In keeping with the two halves to a float concept) and called it "The Magic of Beauty" or something. (Although that would be a very shallow name). The point is, adding a float wouldn't have been too big a stretch for the budget, what about a Sleeping Beauty/Snow White float? they'd fit well together.

I at least hope that if the villains' float has gone into retirement, it'll get an annual outing at Halloween as part of a pre-parade or something.

ford prefect

Gosh, so much disappointment and negativity.  A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing and a lot of hyperbole can be even worse.  

Some people appear to have worked themselves up into a frenzy about the 20th anniversary parade.  

Having only seen it in video form it s difficult to give a full opinion.

However:  likes
1) the opening float is rather sweet and it is nice to introduce the magical characters
2) the princess carriages
3) the princess float
4) the rather zippy magical dancers
5) the end float with the fab five and Duffy (I like Duffy, always have done since he first appeared nearly 8 years ago)

Dislikes
1) the missing villains
2) er...
3) that's it
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

dagobert

Quote from: "ford prefect"Gosh, so much disappointment and negativity.  A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing and a lot of hyperbole can be even worse.  

Some people appear to have worked themselves up into a frenzy about the 20th anniversary parade.  

Having only seen it in video form it s difficult to give a full opinion.

It has nothing to do with the floats, but we don't have to like everything just because it's from Disney. The parade doesn't look bad, it's just the annoying music. I didn't like it when I heard it for the first time on DLRPToday and I don't like it in the video above. Compared to the parade music loops we have had in recent years it is a disappointment. It's fine when people like it or don't, but it has nothing to do with knowledge or hyperbole. It has to do with tastes and thankfully people have different tastes.

captain rocket

Well, I agree with Dagobert, The tune is ok in itself but to repeat it three times during the parade just reflects laziness in the preparation! Disney has so much magic music that could have been worked in like the OUADP. This may also have helped with continuity.
Perhaps it will seem better when I see it live next month.

ford prefect

Agreed, we all have different tastes.  What I fail to understand is why people are so disappointed.

DLRP, and for that matter Disney Parks elsewhere have always been fairly average with the musical content of shows.

Block Party Bash? Jammin Jungle Parade? Need Magic? All Around The World?

Neither are great bits of music, nor are they doing anything other than following a few simple Disney Rules.  

A song must be vaguely repetitive and simple in order for it to stay in your mind.  (Small World anyone?) The best parade song and the one I miss is Dancin A Catchy Rythm.  

Lights Camera was a messy mash up that never worked, The Once Upon A Wish parade in Florida was equally cheesy.

Ths song will never be my favourite, but I will sing a long with it when I see the parade.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

captain rocket

Fair comment Ford, my point is not that the music is bad, but that there does'nt seem to have been much effort put  into the continuity of the song. it just seems to end, followed by a short break, and then off again! maybe this is a work in progress and I will be much happier when I see it next month!