La Cabane des Robinson - Is there a Serious Problem

Started by Pete's Dragon, July 19, 2011, 07:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"I doubt they are bringing Tarzan's Treehouse to Disneyland Paris. But if they are, that's great news. I think a lot of people skip the treehouse, because they have no idea what the Swiss Family Robinson is. I know Disney fans like their tradition, but come on, that film is 51 years old now!
Is this a bad time to mention that the original Johann David Wyss novel is 200 years old next year?

Tarzan and its cheap fibreglass animals wouldn't solve anything. The treehouse (that is the Swiss Family treehouse) simply needs to be better cared for. Fix the thatching, replace the leaves, get the water system working again. Then a whole lot more people will see it for the masterpiece it is. It's not a fixation with tradition, it's good storytelling.

pussinboots

Quote from: "peter"but have you seen the film?! i mean, the pirate attack scene was just painful:

"quick francis(why does he have an english accent?), throw those explosive coconuts at the people. you never know, it might give them a frightful shock, and 10 seconds later they could dramatically fall over. hurrah!"

sorry, but its just a really bad movie!

I haven't seen it, but I kind of want to now, haha.

Vegitabeta

I liked the movie, I just don't take it too seriously.

davewasbaloo

as a child, Swiss Family Robinson was a favorite of mine, and I would still rather watch it than the stupid Little Mermaid.

as for the attraction, I think it is great to have a place for people to explore, it is a part of the disney difference. I have seen queues on busy days to get into the tree house, they just need to refurb it and not ruin it like they did with disneyland's in anaheim.
since 2001 (many before that)

ford prefect

I love Swiss Family Robinson, yes the film is of it's time, however it is a good story and beautifully filmed.  It is a far superior product to some of the effects laden, story light, lacking-in-talent rubbish trotted out by most film companies.

I thoroughly enjoy exploring Cabane des Robinson with my kids and telling them the story.  It is stories like this and Treasure Island and Robinson Crusoe that lead to Pirates of the Caribbean.

The walkthorough is a great way to bring the story to life for everyone and long may it remain.

I would enjoy a Tarzan treehouse, however it would be tragic to lose a link to a true adventure story in Adventureland.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

lynny

sorry but how old is the film?????.....its going to be terrible,there wern't many special effects around back then,but its still enjoyable to watch along with many a film from back in the day ;)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "lynny"sorry but how old is the film?????.....its going to be terrible,there wern't many special effects around back then,but its still enjoyable to watch along with many a film from back in the day ;)

There were plently of special effects back then, just not the slick, overused computer generated ones of today. The film was made in 1960.

I know what you mean, but technically even this is a special effect / practical effect, just not a very good one

[youtube:35zl7jm6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thLoGpdqgyE[/youtube:35zl7jm6]

ford prefect

And what is wrong with that sequence?  A willing suspension of disbelief means you can watch anything and enjoy it.  Use your imagination and play along.

We are spoonfed rubbish now to the point where we no longer have to think or imagine, everything has to be real.

We don't need 3D CGI trite naf rubbish, merely a good story and our imagination.  Sadly few people seem to think that today.

*gets of soapbox and goes back to being a grumpy nearly-40-year-old*
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

davewasbaloo

Agreed FP, but we are of the same generation. More people need to see plays and theatrical productions. It is the ideas and stories that matter most, not flash effects. And SFR is a terrific story.
since 2001 (many before that)