La Cabane des Robinson - Is there a Serious Problem

Started by Pete's Dragon, July 19, 2011, 07:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick89

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I hate what they did to the tree house at Disneyland. The original was very similar to DLP's, though some of it was from the real movie sets. Then when they did the Tarzan refurb, they made it feel very toony, with props and models of the characters similar to what you would find in the Fantasyland dark ride. They ruined it IMHO.

I fear that there will be the time when La Cabane des Robinsons is replaced by a toon attraction, too...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Tuvok

La Cabane won't reopen before december. Although there is no 'official' reason, it indeed has to do with te guest safety  department deeming it a too greater risk. They are now evaluating the attraction and making adjustments before it reopens by the end of the year. No exact date has been set at the moment.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

peter

But surely when they opened it in 92 they must have had a risk assessment. After the police investigation were they told that they need to reassess all the attractions? It would explain why all overhead effects have been off in attractions

Patrick89

Very mysterious...And now it isn't open during my trip in October :(
I mean, turning off all overhead effects and the closure of La Cabane des Robinsons...I cannot understand this, for me it looks more like a disproportionate  panic reaction after the BTM accident...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Josh

What's the worse that could happen? A leaf falling on your head?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

Or a branch falling on your head?
Ed & David

Josh

Hmmm. Yes, I suppose those leaves would have to be attached to something. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

disneylandparisgirl

Could this have anything do with the rehab of the pirate ship? The refurb of this seems to be taking the same amount of time as that refurb! Could it be shut to avoid sneaky pics of the new pirate ship and this is a convient excuse to keep it shut
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

lil-shawn

Somehow i get the feeling this is because of the bad maintenance and refurbs they did in recent years... somtimes bad deccisions get payed back realy bad.

DopeyDad

what do you mean? bad refurbs on Les Cabane?

ed-uk

La Cabane des Robinson went into refurb a year or so ago, it looked good then, I don't know why it's closed now. What bad refurbs?
Ed & David

peter

Bad refurbs everywhere, cutting corners, that kind of thing, exactly the reason they have to rebuild the pirate ship

ed-uk

Bad refurbs everywhere? Do you mean no refurbs everywhere? La Cabane des Robinson was a good refurb, I saw it. I don't know why The Tree house is closed do you? The Mark Twain river boat was closed last week also, was that a bad refurb, cost cutting, not enough Cms? As for the pirate ship we are getting a new one which should be something to cheer about. Refurbs, maintenance will always need to be done from the hotels to the parks, it's never ending for DLP. EuroDisney doesn't have the huge budget to spend like the WDC has. And I would just like to say there are some really good refurbs going on all over the park at the moment. So credit where credit is due please.
Ed & David

lil-shawn

If the refurb of last year would be that good they dind´t had to close it again. So i think they have safty problems because of not looking at it at all. sorry but a bit of paint, don´t make anything safer or better. the same goes with the pirate ship, if they would have looked at it all the years, they didn´t need to spend money on getting a new one.

no i don´t know the reason why its closed, its just something i thought about. Did anyone see that someone did work on la cabane? if not maybe its realy closed because of the pirate ship! just speculating nothing more!

DopeyDad

it is curious, I thought for a minute you knew more.
How is the Galley refurb going? After that I guess we'll know if cabanes closure is linked to that
I can't quite see how it can be the 'moving props' issue from BTM, surely DLPs H&S dept can deal with the fallout from BTM in a more precise way than just shutting off all moving props over visitors?