La Cabane des Robinson - Is there a Serious Problem

Started by Pete's Dragon, July 19, 2011, 07:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuvok

Captain Hook's Galley is scheduled to be opened again on october 28th. La Cabane is rumoured to be closed till december, so I don't think there's a link, but we'll have to see when the Galley opens.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

claire2281

Quote from: "lil-shawn"the same goes with the pirate ship, if they would have looked at it all the years, they didnĀ“t need to spend money on getting a new one.

I think it would have basically needed replacing eventually anyway because nothing is going to last as well in Paris weather as it will Orlando weather. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if they knew some years ago that they were just going to scrap it and rebuild hence the lack of maintenance. Why spend the money when they could save it for the rebuild? Sad, but we know DLP doesn't exactly have money to burn.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Vegitabeta

Last time I went up the tree (last December) it had been snowing and there was lots of snow and ice all over the place, and that wood did seem a little slippery.  Maybe they are doing something to the surface, giving it more grip...Although that surely wouldn't take that long to do.  Speaking of slippery, don't get me started on the Adventure Isle bridge; seen many a guest go butt over brains on that!

peter

The funniest thing about adventureland in dlp is that it has more slip hazards than any other Adventureland, and is in the park most prone to poor weather, it's definitely a bit odd

DopeyDad

lol, yes

I fell so hard in adventureland, just pass Hathis Outpost, slipped..legs off to see Hooks galley while the rest of me paid a very sudden and hard visit to the floor, completely winded with several people asking me if I was alright and being quite kind but I was totally unable to talk for a good couple of minutes.

But we can't have a swinging pirate in POTC because he could fly off and take someones eye out! And Le Cabane remains closed, daft!

ed-uk

Last week the swinging  pirate was back in POTC. Sorry about your fall in Adventureland though.
Ed & David

Vegitabeta

He was back?!  Ain't seen that chap in a good while now, though I always look for him.

And yes sorry about your fall.  I find it funny that the little yellow cone on the bridge to warn you that it is slippy is tied to the bridge, incase it slides away :p

DopeyDad

:lol:

the fall was worth it in a way, it really was a proper slapstick, Charlie Chaplin affair and I'm strangely proud of it.

ed-uk

Would of been good for the  "The Picture of the Day" thread.
Ed & David

CafeFantasia

I doubt they are bringing Tarzan's Treehouse to Disneyland Paris. But if they are, that's great news. I think a lot of people skip the treehouse, because they have no idea what the Swiss Family Robinson is. I know Disney fans like their tradition, but come on, that film is 51 years old now!

[youtube:19fiu5mr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nOhAjOJ848&hd=1[/youtube:19fiu5mr]

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I have a constant battle with Joseph on the podcast about La Cabane des Robinson - I love it and he hates it, same with the Tram Tour. I like that it's completely different to every other attraction and is a nice change of pace. It's also a fantastic place to take photos from.

However, Tarzan is my favourite of the animated films and it wouldn't change what I like about La Cabane, so I'd be very much in favour of a Tarzan refurb.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

peter

If only there was somewhere in adventureland where you can see into the treehouse, we could tell what is going on?

smurfy74

I have  a cast member friend who asked at city hall about the tree house and was told it would be closed until next year, he is trying to get some more info for me

Patrick89

Quote from: "Alan"I doubt they are bringing Tarzan's Treehouse to Disneyland Paris. But if they are, that's great news. I think a lot of people skip the treehouse, because they have no idea what the Swiss Family Robinson is. I know Disney fans like their tradition, but come on, that film is 51 years old now!

So Snow-White, Pinoccio etc. should be replaced, too, just because they are old movies? And what about Jules Verne? I think it's good to have some attractions related to something different than Disney cartoons of the last 10-15 years. With attractions like La Cabane des Robinsons or the Jules Verne rides, kids might also get interested in these topics. Just because of Disneyland i read a lot of Verne`s books. They even might sell some of them in their stores and I bet they would be bought...I think we already have enough rides based on Disney movies, so please keep your hands of my beloved treehouse ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

peter

but have you seen the film?! i mean, the pirate attack scene was just painful:

"quick francis(why does he have an english accent?), throw those explosive coconuts at the people. you never know, it might give them a frightful shock, and 10 seconds later they could dramatically fall over. hurrah!"

sorry, but its just a really bad movie!