La Cabane des Robinson - Is there a Serious Problem

Started by Pete's Dragon, July 19, 2011, 07:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

From looking at the Closures calendar, La Cabane des Robinson has been closed from early June and will be closed until at least October.

Seems a hell of a long time for a simple refurb. Is it about to fall over or something ??

alternativerock123

I did read somewhere, that it is being closed due to safety reason. I have no idea what those reasons are.

Like you said, something might fall if any refurbishment happens.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

littlemermaid83

Oh great, I hope its open in October as I still haven't managed to go on it yet.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

peter

This may sound odd, but could they be changing it to tarzan's treehouse? It would be a cheap new attraction, wouldn't it?

Although it probably is safety reasons. After all, the treehouse part probably weighs hundreds of tonnes, and has it had any major structural works since opening?

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Oh great, I hope its open in October as I still haven't managed to go on it yet.

You walk up, you walk down. The end. Sorry, not a big fan of walk-throughs (dont get me started on the Nautilus)  8)

Patrick89

Quote from: "peter"This may sound odd, but could they be changing it to tarzan's treehouse? It would be a cheap new attraction, wouldn't it?

Hopefully not...I have had enough of cheap new toon attractions replacing old parts of DLP.

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"You walk up, you walk down. The end. Sorry, not a big fan of walk-throughs (dont get me started on the Nautilus)  8)

I really love both attractions...But well, tastes differ ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Kristof

It closed after the Big Thunder Mountain incident, just like how all effects and animatronics that move over ride vehicles have been turned off.

peter

That makes sense, although surely this is extreme. All they should do is go through attractions, closing them for a couple of days, and redoing the risk assessments.

Patrick89

Quote from: "Kristof"It closed after the Big Thunder Mountain incident, just like how all effects and animatronics that move over ride vehicles have been turned off.

Thanks for the information. Do you know how long this state will last? I mean, I don't see such a serious risk at La Cabane des Robinsons which would cause a 4 month - closure...

Bring back the moon!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Patrick89"
Quote from: "Kristof"It closed after the Big Thunder Mountain incident, just like how all effects and animatronics that move over ride vehicles have been turned off.

Thanks for the information. Do you know how long this state will last? I mean, I don't see such a serious risk at La Cabane des Robinsons which would cause a 4 month - closure...

Exactly, it's not like it has any moving parts of animatronics. And how long would it take to inspect the structural intergrity.

Q: If it did collapse, in what direction do you think it would fall?

Patrick89

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Exactly, it's not like it has any moving parts of animatronics. And how long would it take to inspect the structural intergrity.

Option 1: On the Pirate Ship, so they have less work with dismantling it and the new ship will be available much earlier.

Option 2: On PoTC, destroying all of the new AA related to the movies, so "unfortunately" the update of the ride has to be cancelled  :-"

Bring back the moon!

Kristof

Honestly, I think this is a case of Guest Safety freaking out after BTM.

Josh

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Exactly, it's not like it has any moving parts of animatronics. And how long would it take to inspect the structural intergrity.

Ha ha. It's no more likely to fall than The Old Mill or the castle or any of the caves in Aventureland. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

_Natalie_x

I like la cabane des robinson :D although I was there with friends last time so we took lots of amusing pictures. Maybe that's why it was fun -_- when in Disney California I didn't get chance to go up tarzans treehouse, never had time and there was actually a big queue! That's one of my regrets though, what's up there and what's the difference between la cabane and tarzans? Xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

davewasbaloo

I hate what they did to the tree house at Disneyland. The original was very similar to DLP's, though some of it was from the real movie sets. Then when they did the Tarzan refurb, they made it feel very toony, with props and models of the characters similar to what you would find in the Fantasyland dark ride. They ruined it IMHO.
since 2001 (many before that)