Type of ride or attraction you'd like to see at Disney

Started by claire2281, August 24, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claire2281

Having gone straight from a few days at Disney to a few days at Alton Towers, firstly, I can appreciate what a bloody good job Disney does of adding all those extra touches. Whilst I enjoyed Alton, it made me like Disney a whole lot more :D

One thing I did think though was that there is one ride type there I'd REALLY love to see at Disney and that is a madhouse i.e. a spinning room like Hex or Villa Volta. They are exceptional rides, the illusion is fantastic, the throughput is high and it was the one ride at Alton that I felt could even touch Disney for themeing. I NEVER get tired of riding Hex because of the story and that feeling of your mind and body being confused as to which way up you are.

Is there a type of ride you'd like to see at DLP?
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Pete's Dragon

Splash mountain - between Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones. 8)

gingajen

I would like Splash Mountain and/or a Little Mermaid dark ride.
I totally agree about Hex. I went to Alton Towers recently and I have to say that it just doesn't touch Disney on theming, It is way too spread out and poorly planned. With the exception of Hex. While not one of the 'big thrill' rides, it is fantastic. A very clever ride for the whole family, one that is often overlooked.

DisneyTom

Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure like 'The Temple of the Forbidden Eye' in Anaheim.
Disneyland Anaheim, Walt Disney World Florida, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Sea, Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney Studio Park Paris

Josh

I'd like to see one with an original story. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

junglebaggie

I too would love to see Splash Mountain but maybe have it indoors as the weather in Paris can be changable and cold, I'm sure it would still work just as well.   Having been to the Paris park 12 times I think now, I know the rides pretty well but never tire of them.   No one can do themes parks like Disney, okay they don't have big rollercoaster rides such as the ones you get at Thorpe Park ot Alton Towers etc but that's not what Disney is about.

davewasbaloo

jungle baggie, you may wish to try Universal Studios, Efteling and maybe Europa Park/Phantasialand. They also can and do rival Disney.

That aside, for attractions missing in DLP, I would love to see Splash Mountain (it runs in Tokyo - with a winter setting, they get snow and ice too) and Indy.

But I would love more educational story telling attractions akin to what you find at Epcot. Disney used to be more than characters and rides, there were things to be learned as well.

I would love an American Adventure type attraction about European History (though the wonderful Le Visionarium used to do a great job at it - much better than stupid buzz).

I would love a Journey to the Centre of the Earth or 20k attraction too.

anything that is not toon related is welcome.

Also a Mad House could be good, but Villa Volta and the one at Phantasialand are really awesome already, not sure if Disney could plus it more.
since 2001 (many before that)

gldc

Hex is brilliant from what I've seen online, I'd love to try it. Something of that standard would be brilliant at DLP. Maybe for the studios showing how they can create an illusion in the matrix/inception or something.  :thumbs:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Vegitabeta

I would love DL's Indy rather than the coaster which is there now.  Splash Mountain would be nice, but I don't think the weather is good enough for it.  A Great Movie Ride of some sort in the Studios, maybe a fresher version of WDW's, that would be nice!  Also just, more in WDS.

Patrick89

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I would love a Journey to the Centre of the Earth or 20k attraction too.

anything that is not toon related is welcome.

That would be awesome. I really miss the other Jules Verne rides of Discoveryland.

Concerning Splash Mountain: I don't think this would be the best attraction for Paris. If I was wet and there was a cold and clouded day as it often happens at DLP, it wouldn't be too much fun for me...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

peter

But splash mountain is in Tokyo, and TBH, if people don't want to get wet, heres an idea... DON'T GO ON A WATER RIDE! i've been to Thorpe park with friends who have turned round after going on tidal wave and said they didn't want to get wet!!

AusMouse

The Little Mermaid dark ride would be fantastic. I would like to see more Disney renaissance rides as I think the parks are too focused on the golden era of animation.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I'd like to see a completely original attraction that doesn't rely on any existing film or character. For me the best ones are those that create their own story, like Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, Cinemagique (I realise this uses already created content, but the real charm is in now it is used and George  the best character in the park) and Visionarium. More like those please.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Josh

Plus, we haven't had any new attractions like that with their own song, either. It would be great to have another one like that. Not necessarily a dark ride, though.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

CafeFantasia

At this point in time, i'd like to see...

At Disneyland Park:

• The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure (in Fantasyland)
• A Tangled dark ride (replacing Blanche Neige et les Sept Nains in Fantasyland)
• Splash Mountain with a The Princess and the Frog theme (in a New Orleans Square addition to Frontierland)
• Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril replaced with an Everest/Asia themed Big Grizzly Mountain coaster

At the Walt Disney Studios park:

• Ratatouille dark ride (next to Toy Story Playland)
• Mickey's PhilharMagic (replacing Animagique)
• Soarin' with either an Up or Iron Man theme (situated between CinéMagique and Stitch Live!)
• The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster rethemed to Tron: Legacy