Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

"Out of curtsy" or courtesy even :-)

Curtsy = a woman's or girl's formal greeting made by bending the knees with one foot in front of the other.

Lorum

Quote from: "Alan"Curtsy = a woman's or girl's formal greeting made by bending the knees with one foot in front of the other.

That's courtesy and the rest is baloney.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Josh

Quote from: "Alan""Out of curtsy" or courtesy even :-)

Curtsy = a woman's or girl's formal greeting made by bending the knees with one foot in front of the other.
Whoops. XD That's the last time I trust you, Firefox spell checker!
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Robert97

Here are some images provided from Disney WorldGlobe Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disney-W ... 8413470037

Flames coming out round the castle

What looks like fountains

Curve fountain

If you want to see a video of the projections you can see the video that Disney WorldGlobe provided thanks
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=25 ... 037&type=3

Lorum

Wow! Beautiful!

Latest news.

Chéssy Neighbours Grumble.

Disneyland Paris celebrates its 20th Anniversary and nearby village of Chéssy feels the excitement. The 'town of moaners' is already complaining about the explosions of the new nighttime spectacular Disney Dreams! Steve Davison, from the WDI, is thinking of exploding the entire zone as part of the show premiere, in order to end with the complaints.

Picture. One of Chéssy neighbours during the fireworks test on March 8th.

dreamdisney

Anthony

Quote from: "ford prefect"I think it was agreed that backstage photos (such as inside the control room) be in spoilers, anything showing the workings should be in spoilers, but any photos of actual show elements working I think is fine.
Yes just to clarify - no need to put everything in spoiler tags. If people don't want the show to be spoiled at this point, they shouldn't be looking here! It was only, specifically, that control booth photo which seemed like it should be hidden, because it's technically a backstage view (not normally allowed) and wasn't officially released by Disney.

Quote from: "Robert97"If you want to see a video of the projections you can see the video that Disney WorldGlobe provided thanks
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=258 ... 037&type=3
Pause the video about 4 seconds in, where the castle suddenly cycles through a series of different projection effects - there's a multi-coloured galaxy look which is truly gorgeous!

Screenshot:

*drool*

ford prefect

Quote from: "Lorum"Wow! Beautiful!

Latest news.

Disneyland Paris celebrates its 20th Anniversary and nearby village of Chéssy feels the excitement. The 'town of moaners' is already complaining about the explosions of the new nighttime spectacular Disney Dreams! Steve Davison, from the WDI, is thinking of exploding the entire zone as part of the show premiere, in order to end with the complaints.

Off topic, in many ways I feel sorry for the residents of Chessy, they were there before DLP and had this huge mixed blessing dumped on them.  Whilst it provides a huge economic benefit to the area it is also a massive millstone.

The fireworks alone would be a major nuisance.  Consider:  how would you feel if at 10 o'clock (or whatever time) just after you were either relaxing after a long day at work, or even just going to sleep, you are woken by the sky exploding.

That is before you consider the effects on local wildlife and pets.

I dislike November the fifth for this very reason and that only happens once a year.  

Much as I love DLP I would hate to live next door.  

I think our neighbours deserve our respect and consideration, don't you?
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

nicoledlrp

We were lucky, and i mean lucky, to see Disney dreams twice last night from our balcony. there is only one word to describe it - WOW. It is a true masterpiece of sound and vision, exciting, emotional, beautiful , fun and just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes i am going to shout it out once more WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorum

Quote from: "ford prefect"
Quote from: "Lorum"Wow! Beautiful!

Latest news.

Off topic, in many ways I feel sorry for the residents of Chessy, they were there before DLP and had this huge mixed blessing dumped on them.  Whilst it provides a huge economic benefit to the area it is also a massive millstone.

The fireworks alone would be a major nuisance.  Consider:  how would you feel if at 10 o'clock (or whatever time) just after you were either relaxing after a long day at work, or even just going to sleep, you are woken by the sky exploding.

That is before you consider the effects on local wildlife and pets.

I dislike November the fifth for this very reason and that only happens once a year.  

Much as I love DLP I would hate to live next door.  

I think our neighbours deserve our respect and consideration, don't you?

I live near an airport. Public transport every single night (4 different services/at least 10 per night). Bus stop only 10 meters from my window. I am here before the bus stop.

I don't go to sleep at 10 o'clock if the sun is still there during the summer season. In Spain, there's a village near a theme park. Fireworks every night. I don't see any neighbour complaining even before the show makes its debut.

Our neighbours must know that there are other ways to solve problems. Not just simply complaint. I've never been to Chéssy, but both park and village could reach an agreement. Euro Disney pays soundproof systems, such as windows, doors or whatever. Everyone happy.

During the Christmas season, children and adults let off bangers every day. It sounds like a thunder. My Beagle was scared the first time and began trembling.. Now it doesn't get scared any more. It is called Darwin's Theory of Evolution.

I would not like you to misinterpret my comments. I always embellish everything with my particular sense of humor. I do respect Chéssy neighbours, but I really think there are more ways to face up a problem.

End of off-topic.

ford prefect

I live near an airport. Public transport every single night (4 different services/at least 10 per night). Bus stop only 10 meters from my window. I am here before the bus stop.
Fair enough, but if that airport was there before moved in then that is your choice, equally if you are 10metres away from a road then there is a fair chance of traffic noise

I don't go to sleep at 10 o'clock if the sun is still there during the summer season. In Spain, there's a village near a theme park. Fireworks every night. I don't see any neighbour complaining even before the show makes its debut.
Spanish culture is somewhat different from French and British, we tend not to be awake late into the night after a midday break (mad dogs and Englishmen...)

Our neighbours must know that there are other ways to solve problems. Not just simply complaint. I've never been to Chéssy, but both park and village could reach an agreement. Euro Disney pays soundproof systems, such as windows, doors or whatever. Everyone happy.

What evidence do you have that the residents of Chessy have actually complained?  They may have done in the past but I can find no current indication that they are unhappy.  SECONDLY: How can a company that is only just managing to stave of bankruptcy and owes €2.2billion as well as a hefty credit card bill with the Walt Disney Company afford to sound proof a town of 4000 people?  Sorry, just double checked, indebtedness as of 2011 was €1.9 billion

During the Christmas season, children and adults let off bangers every day. It sounds like a thunder. My Beagle was scared the first time and began trembling.. Now it doesn't get scared any more. It is called Darwin's Theory of Evolution.

Darwin's theory is not really relevant except by linking two beagles.  Christmas Season, a month or so rahter than a whole year
I would not like you to misinterpret my comments. I always embellish everything with my particular sense of humor. I do respect Chéssy neighbours, but I really think there are more ways to face up a problem.
I am a motor racing fan.  People who live near race tracks bitterly complain about circuit noise.  There is no miracle solution except to be calm, polite and respect the neighbours right to complain.  DLP have done well to persuade the mairie to allow a years worth of fireworks, albeit a low number.  Perhaps this will be a start of better relationships between the town and the resort.  I hope diplomacy wins out and that fans of DLP look at the whole of the Seine-et-Marne region as a great place to go on holiday and the local residents look on the public and the resort as welcome guests
End of off-topic.[/quote]

My apologies to everyone for an off topic rant.    I won't mention it again! :lol:

Lorum

You're trying to give me the 'bad guy' role in this movie. Nothing is further from the truth. I do respect Chéssy neighbours.

Quote from: "ford prefect"I hope diplomacy wins out and that fans of DLP look at the whole of the Seine-et-Marne region as a great place to go on holiday and the local residents look on the public and the resort as welcome guests

So do I. I live in Tenerife (Canary Islands). I know what is tourism.

ford prefect

Quote from: LorumYou're trying to give me the 'bad guy' role in this movie. Nothing is further from the truth. I do respect Chéssy neighbours.
quote]

Far from it, I am only making a counterpoint to your comments.  I fully understand you are supportive and respect the residents of Chessy, neither of us is "the bad guy".

Anyway, perhaps we had better end that off topic bilateral discussion and get back to the important topic of Dreams!!!

Anthony

Far from complaining about Dreams, maybe they're actually quite glad not to hear two solid months of pure firework shows each summer? Of course we don't really fully know just how many "bangs" there will be in Dreams yet, but I'm guessing not an objectionable amount. This show actually represents Disney making a real investment in a nighttime show that's more suited to the park and its surroundings than just throwing shells into the sky.

I just hope, with all these 10k spotlights and multi-coloured lasers, no-one in Chessy was an astronomer... ;-)

Lorum

Quote from: "ford prefect"
Quote from: "Lorum"You're trying to give me the 'bad guy' role in this movie. Nothing is further from the truth. I do respect Chéssy neighbours.
quote]

Far from it, I am only making a counterpoint to your comments.  I fully understand you are supportive and respect the residents of Chessy, neither of us is "the bad guy".

Anyway, perhaps we had better end that off topic bilateral discussion and get back to the important topic of Dreams!!!

My apologies, but I wouldn't like you to think I'm not respecting people rights to complain. Everything about earplugs or explosions is simply my sense of humour.

Returning on-topic:

· Some people on DCP say that Disney Dreams! will be presented twice per night on certain dates.
· They say fireworks will be exploding during the whole show and wonder if they aren't noisier than in The Enchanted Fireworks. They think DLP will modify the show as soon as the Americans have left Europe.
· Others say that DLP has developed a system to reduce the noise. Silent fireworks.
· LHDN92 says "De ce que j'en ai vu et entendu, la pyrotechnie bruyante est assez peu utilisée dans le show, mais par contre il y a un beau bouquet final. Et c'est celui-là qui fait pas mal de bruit et de lumière". "For what I've seen and heard, noisy pyrotechnics are just a few, but there's a beautiful final bouquet. And it makes enough noise and bright."

Quote from: "Anthony"Far from complaining about Dreams, maybe they're actually quite glad not to hear two solid months of pure firework shows each summer?

I've read that some people said "I don't want April 1st to come" because of the noise during tests.

Please, correct my mistakes. I want to write correctly.