Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

Source: Disney WorldGlobe https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disney-WorldGlobe/

Disney WorldGlobe have been so helpful with the updates, so give them a like on Facebook they really deserve it.

Anthony

Quote from: "Meph"Woh! There's a giant Catherine wheel at the end of the video! :D
Why does the video have to cut out just at that moment? The suspense!

I'm mostly impressed by the strong colours of the fireworks. Ironically we're getting a show that's "not a firework show" but will probably have better pyrotechnic effects than we've seen in a long while.

Lorum

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Meph"Woh! There's a giant Catherine wheel at the end of the video! :D
Why does the video have to cut out just at that moment? The suspense!

I'm mostly impressed by the strong colours of the fireworks. Ironically we're getting a show that's "not a firework show" but will probably have better pyrotechnic effects than we've seen in a long while.

That's Steve, mate.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Josh

Quote from: "Robert97"
Lets hope the Catherine wheel doesn't set fire to the castle watch the fountains pour as the castle burns :(
You may have jinxed us, Rob. That might have already happened, judging by this picture: :P
Quote from: "Robert97"

Quote from: "Anthony"I'm mostly impressed by the strong colours of the fireworks.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. It's great that they've been so consistent with the colours in all of the effects. They give it a really unique, saturated look. The lighting even colours the smoke from the fireworks!

I'd like to see competing theme parks try and do better than this. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Robert97

Steve Davison Fan Page posted this

Saw the Second Star effect for the first time tonight all lit up! WOW! Is it bright. I bet you'll be able to see it from the Eiffle Tower!

then a comment back someone said Not sure the Eiffel Tower is BEHIND the castle, but from the Robinson Tree at DLP, you can see the Eiffel Tower ;-)

dreamdisney

New machine on the "La chaumiere des sept nains"

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/actualite/dis ... -premiere/

Lorum

Fire?

So, it's official! The Second Star effect is already working and we'll surely be able to see it before the premiere.

Source: Philippep62 DCP

CafeFantasia

The Eiffel Tower isn't behind the castle. It's kind of at a north-west orientation to the castle. I drew a straight line from the Eiffel Tower to Sleeping Beauty Castle on Google Earth to set the record straight.

Basically, if you're standing in Central Plaza, the Eiffel Tower is behind the Temple of Peril.

littlemermaid83

I have a question about the fountains, will they be they different colours or plain? I know stupid question but I haven't see a photo of the fountains in a different colour yet (unless I misses that photo)

Also is that the screen on the side of the castle. It's not very big.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Josh

Yes, they're different colours. There are photos from about two weeks ago of red/green/blue LED lights being installed on them. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Meph"Yes, they're different colours. There are photos from about two weeks ago of red/green/blue LED lights being installed on them. :)

Ah thankyou! I must of missed that photo.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Lorum

They're full-colour LED lights, but in the video you just see the highest section. However, I would also add some moving heads on both sides of the Castle, in order to "wash" water jets with the same colour. That's what they do in WoC.

Robert97

Lorum

From InsideDLP.

Bubbles? Or just for the press event?

Elwell2009

They look like fire tanks to me